+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I loved Christian and am so glad he won!
    He brought so much joy and laughs into my house every week. Nothing like last season's horrid Jeffrey.

That being said, I could never wear Christian's stuff but so what. I couldn't wear anything in Rami or Jillian's lines either.

Yes, Kamikaze~ Christian definitely got the most applause at the show!

I think someone hinted that Christian had an edge because he created a line "for" Victoria Beckham. She was a guest judge and the designers did not know she was going to be there judging them.

OK~ that's it for PR. So long...and bring on Top Chef Chicago!!!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Oh...and a BIG thanks to the person who posted the pic of Jaslene on the runway! I was so busy watching the clothes and I totally missed her! And I agree, she looked just beautiful.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2826399;
    Was one of Christian's models THE Alec Wek????
    I ask because the model looked like her to me and I caught about the last 20-25 minutes of the show.

Okay. I have to say this. I know that I am not a model. I am a thin person, size four but only five, four. When I think of looking for the next great American designer, I do not think of someone who is going to be designing for me. I think of someone who will be designing for a fashion icon, like Victoria Beckham, Heidi Klum, etc., even if they are not American. I do not hold anything against any designers because they do not design clothes I would not wear. Fashion icons are not supposed to wear what an every-day woman would wear. Therefore, I can see why Christian won, and why all the previous winners have prevailed. I think that if we look what the people in the "fashion world" are viewing, we can see who put on the best show and who is the designer for icons, and not us, the typical working woman.

I find it odd that they aufed Chris for being too costumey and Christian won with peices that werr costumey.

Am I mistaken or is this the first season that the designers didn't use their show model as the final look?
    CYA

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2826429;
    I find it odd that they aufed Chris for being too costumey and Christian won with peices that werr costumey.
    Christian's collection was a drag collection.. perfect for Posh

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2826448;
    Am I mistaken or is this the first season that the designers didn't use their show model as the final look?
    I also noticed that. It was quite odd and it didn't make sense to me. Why not have the PR model wear the final look since they're in competition to be in the Elle layout?

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2826409;
    Christian didn't say that, it was Chris.
    Thanks for the correction!

I remembered SOMEBODY saying they had a lot of black because they wanted a Goth slant on their stuff.

I kept looking for it in Christian's and just did not find it.

Thank GOD my eyesight's not THAT bad!

Now, CHRIS . . .

Oh yeah . . .

Goth was DEFINITELY in the house (and on the faces of his models) in HIS collection!
    Last edited by ness; 03-06-2008 at 12:26 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I wanted to hate Christian and his collection, but in the end, there was no other choice. Jillian's was a patchwork, and Rami's color choices were downright depressing. Plus his 2nd to last gown was just odd, with the fabric bunched at the left knee. Was that on purpose?

Christian's was the only collection to evoke real emotional reactions from me, even when he went overboard or if the constant ruffled blackness was getting numbing towards the middle of the show. There was real, ethereal beauty in it, it lifted me a little while I watched it walk by. And trust me when I say I HATE having to admit something like that!

This was the first season where the announcement of the winner got me choked up. If they edited it in order to steal that reaction from me, well it worked. Uncle! They win, it got me. But I think I was also emotional because IT'S OVER! I want more!

Really good season, even with its faults.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread