+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kayskate;2819642;
    What do you think?
    Could Chris have gotten away w it if he had used *synthetic* hair? He would have had the same look w/o the gross-out factor. I was not grossed out, but apparently lots of ppl were completely turned off. I guess I understand that.
    His clothes were so Morticia.

Kay
    I personally didn't care that clothes had real or synthetic hair on them I just did not like the hairy look and there was just too much of it, it was overpowering. I think the clothes would have looked great without the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2819895;
    God forbid anyone should color outside of the lines. Better we sould all be alike, I guess?
    My son's kindergarten teacher was apalled when I said "ok cool" after she informed me that my then 5 year old refused to color inside the lines. As forward thinking as the judges want and appear to be.......there are lines that just can't be colored out of and accepted as far as the 'fashionistas" are concerned.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2819895;
    God forbid anyone should color outside of the lines. Better we sould all be alike, I guess?
    I don't think it was that he did something too weird, it's just that he created something far too niche when compared to Rami's. Chris is basically going to cater to one type of customer, and the fact that he went so dark really did him in. If he had followed Tim's advice with the removing at least some of the trim and not having it all over he would have been better off. Really though, Chris overdid it with his designs.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2819689;
    I just viewed the fashions from this season's Paris & Milan shows.

Chris is way more in line with what they consider fashion, than Rami is. But all along, everyone has always said that the US fashion market is very staid and far behind. In that respect, yes, Rami fits in better. But Nina has her pulse more on what's current in US fashion and knows what her magazine subscribers want to see & buy.
    I just don't see how that's true, to be honest. When I look at the shows and what seems to be the trend, there's a lot of English inspiration, which Jillian seemed to be keyed in to with her showing, and a lot of exaggerated necklines and sleeves and such which I saw in Rami's collection. Now Rami is the one who doesn't seem to be following trend in his collection, which is refreshing. Sure, there was a lot of fur trim going around like Chris did but I really didn't see what was so innovative when comparing the two. I think Chris is an amazing designer and deserved to show at fashion week, but not over Rami, and it's not about picking the "safe, American look".

Rami's coat, as it was, could have been on the runways in Paris this season, unfortunately he took it out of his show! Bad Nina!

Last edited by TunaFests; 03-03-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Maybe he wanted to be auffed. That's why he used human hair.

I think it was kind of mean to do to both of them, hanging for five months to see if they would be part of the finale. On the positive side Chris and Sweet P got a lot of valuable exposure from showing their collections.

FORT Regular

chris was a favorite, but the human hair was a chance he should not have taken. he should have played it more safe and went with fabric that was known and used in the fashion world. I think he deserved to lose, and he was a fav. Rami and his draping still doesnt deserve to be in bryant park imo. should be jillian, christian and either victoria or kat

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I thought all of Chris' dresses were gorgeous. The hair skirt, while a little weird, was beautifully fitted. All his clothes were. I think with a little tweaking they would be very wearable. Change the human hair to synthetic hair and add a slit to the velvet dress and those are very marketable pieces. Now for Rami's outfits. That coat was ridiculous. WHO would wear a coat that makes you look BIGGER? The geometric black and white dress, I couldn't BELIEVE that Nina liked it. It made that poor model look postively fat! It was not flattering at all. I couldn't stand Rami's three outfits. I thought they were down right unflattering and ugly... Oh well... I think Chris will go far.

So what do you guys think of Chris' collection (sans the human hair)? And Sweet P's? You think they would have made a run for Christian's money? I still think that Jillian should have won and the reason why she lost was because the judges thought she has the least cohesive collection and also she didn't have one or two dramatic outfit that can compete with Christian's. So my advice for the next finalists, make a couple of avant-garde, bit of costumey pieces that you show as your last pieces in the collection. It gets the attention.

Personally I loved Chris' collection. Sweet P had nice use of colors, but eh... It wasn't a "wow" collection. I don't think any of the collections would've given Christian a run for the money, though.

So my advice for the next finalists, make a couple of avant-garde, bit of costumey pieces that you show as your last pieces in the collection. It gets the attention.
    You also want a "wow" piece first to grab the audience's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;2831155;
    So what do you guys think of Chris' collection (sans the human hair)? And Sweet P's? You think they would have made a run for Christian's money? I still think that Jillian should have won and the reason why she lost was because the judges thought she has the least cohesive collection and also she didn't have one or two dramatic outfit that can compete with Christian's. So my advice for the next finalists, make a couple of avant-garde, bit of costumey pieces that you show as your last pieces in the collection. It gets the attention.
    I don't know. As much as I personally loved Chris, his finale designs, even sans the hair, were not appealing to me. All that velvet . He definitely has a place in fashion design but to win this competition? No
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112