+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 2/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I felt that the judges made the right decision. The whole point to Chris was to make his clothes less of a costume, and to counteract it he makes them more of a costume with human hair accents. Who is going to wear that? I just hope it doesn't get wet because its going to stink. I also felt that his pieces were all one note. Black, semi flowing, semi lacey, formal numbers. There wasn't a variety in them. Rami on the other hand, while I questioned the fluffy coat, had a coherent line that would show well on the runway. He forgot about the drapping and came up with a line that was visually appealing and commercial. People would actually want to wear the line, especially the second dress. I think Chris is a great designer in a certain niche, but if we are talking about NY Fashion Week and who could exhibit successfully there, Rami was the clear and correct choice.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2816357;
    I don't know why so many people are freaked out by the human-hair on the clothing. People get weaves, wear wigs, & hairpieces, but when it's on a piece of clothing, suddenly it's freaky? Mmm-kay...

Wearing animal fur is what should freak people out. At least you don't have to kill humans to get their hair.
    Good Point!!

I actually thought Chris' collection was very creative and runway appropriate. Even though I would prefer to "wear" Rami's draped clothing of the season, I would rather "watch" Chris' finale collection on a runway.

I thought that Chris was the one with the cohesive collection. I was initially grossed out by the human hair, but putting my initial reaction aside and looking at the pieces without that as a factor I thought they were all fantastic. I do think the coat should have limited the hair to the collar though.

I didn't like Rami's blue coat at all and the dress under it was forgettable. The second dress was cute, but the shawl looked matronly. I initially really liked his last dress, but when they showed the weird round pattern on the hips I really disliked that part - if he had avoided that particular pattern it would have been much more flattering.

At some point Tim told Rami or Chris to show 3 items that would make the judges want to see more. I was intrigued by Chris's pieces and wanted to see more of what he had designed!! I didn't get that reaction from Rami's selections. Now I need to go see if I can find pics of the rest of Chris's stuff....

Sorry,my past post was wrong,Rami's last dress looks good itself but don't fit the woman,pure imperfection.And Chris's looks was so dark.For Chris,OMG that could be a CAVALLI collection without any hipness which young women would not atemp to have.So what fit the nowaday new york fashion week's fashion?It's preety obvious.Cause rightnow newyork's fashion is not everyday on top.

Rami was,,,,,Oo-ver-rated,I can't described with any other words,just can't.
    Last edited by stephy501808; 02-28-2008 at 05:09 PM.

I still don't get why everybody is creeped out by the human hair. Fur is the same thing (hair) except from animals. I would rather use human hair rather than the stuff from some wild animal.

Still pissed Chris didn't make it. And if Rami wins, I'm officially declaring this the worst season ever. He fumbled his way through the show with draping and never really listened to the judges. He shouldn't be in the finals. I hated the coat with too much volume too - who the hell is gonna wear that thing? I could totally see the final dress Chris made on somebody famous though. Nina said that people couldn't really move in it but that's a stupid thing to say - the model kept the same pace as the models before her. Clearly she could could move.
    Last edited by Endit; 02-28-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2816357;
    I don't know why so many people are freaked out by the human-hair on the clothing. People get weaves, wear wigs, & hairpieces, but when it's on a piece of clothing, suddenly it's freaky? Mmm-kay...

Wearing animal fur is what should freak people out. At least you don't have to kill humans to get their hair.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. And what I found rather ironic is that in much of the episode Tim was wearing a black leather jacket, which is basically animal skin and yet he wanted to gag when looking at Chris' clothes. And yes, wearing animals should be what is freakier. It isn't just the horrible things they do to the animals to get the stuff to make leather and fur things, but the fact that it is skin and hair off of something dead. I do think Chris went a little overboard with the hair--he didn't have to put it on everything like he did, but I thought the whole disgust with it was rather ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by stephy501808;2817096;
    Sorry,my past post was wrong,Rami's last dress looks good itself but don't fit the woman,pure imperfection.And Chris's looks was so dark.For Chris,OMG that could be a CAVALLI collection without any hipness which young women would not atemp to have.So what fit the nowaday new york fashion week's fashion?It's preety obvious.Cause rightnow newyork's fashion is not everyday on top.

Rami was,,,,,Oo-ver-rated,I can't described with any other words,just can't.
    Yes, Rami is so over-rated. I almost fear that he will end up winning. What was so spectacular or unique about his collection. None of it was that great. On the other hand, Chris' was very inique and creative and innovative. I thought they liked designer's that thought outside of the box. That was something they liked about the last winner.

FORT Fan

I don't think designing with human hair is creepy at all. Actually, it'd be interesting to know if Tim/Heidi/Nina know that using human hair in fashion is not a new thing. Hair jewelry and accents were really popular in the 18th and 19th centuries. People used to use their own hair and their loved ones' hair and created items that would be kept and passed down as remembrances. It was a really neat tradition, I think.

From Tim's Take at Bravo on Chris and Rami:

Chris and Rami presented their three strongest looks to Heidi, Nina, and Michael. The judges’ deliberation went on for hours. They probed and interrogated Rami and Chris until I thought both would collapse from stress and fatigue. And there was one moment -- I remember if vividly -- when I said to myself, “Chris is out.” He and Rami were each asked, “Who’s your customer?” Rami answered clearly, articulately, and believably. Chris responded, “I don’t know.” That was it for me. Over. His inability to know who his customer is underscored the fact that he’s really a costume designer, not a fashion designer. Chris, we love you.

Project Runway: Blogs - Watch Season 4 of the Fashion Designer TV Show – Official Bravo TV Site

Try to take the time to read all what Tim said about the show. I found it most interesting, as usual. When Chris said "I don't know." was indeed surprising to me. I have a difficult time understanding why they are selecting people with established businesses. Is it, they can't get enough people on the show whom isn't? I like how Tim puts the cards on the table face up and telling it how it is with their fashions, rather than what they want to most likely here.

I hope I have done this legally and correctly.
    Need a hug today. Here's one from me. (Squeeze...Squeeze)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2816353;
    I feel that Chris got robbed, not once but twice. He got robbed by not getting fan favorite last week and he got robbed by not winning the challenge last night. I don't get it they award last yrs winner for thinking outside the box. Chris thought outside the box and slam. I just felt that the judges took the safe route by picking Rami. It was just so unfair. While Rami's draped dress was wonderful and I would wear it, overall I would perfer to see Chris's entire collection.
    Just what I've said about shows like this. The judging is Sooooo subjective that the judges can easily "justify" advancing one designer over another. I thought Rami was simply boring while Chris was whimsical (sp), magical and I KNOW that there would be a market for his clothes. Rami's market would be the middle aged Orange County Matron who's beginning to "spread" a little. So much can be hidden by draping. Plus he's really just a "one trick pony" Chris and Christian were the only two among the designers who were REALLY creative.

+ Reply to Thread