+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can this season have a model "winner?"

FORT Fogey

How can this season have a model "winner?"

So many of the challenges this season have not used the traditional models, I wondered how they could consider the final winner's model as a "winner"?

In the past they've said how this is both a designer and model competition...but so many times multiple models have been auf'd this year it seems a bit unfair to the model side of the show.

Am I the only one wondering? We really haven't gotten to know them as well as before.

Re: How can this season have a model "winner?"

I agree that the models seemed like an afterthought this season. Usually one gets to know a few of their stories during a season, or at least there's an indelible bond created, like Daniel/Rebecca, Chloe/Grace, Laura/Camilla, Nick/Tara, Andrae/Danyele, etc. I saw none of that this year. Who were these girls?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

That could be because the talent level of these girls is sooooo below previous seasons (not counting Jacqueline, Lea & Marcia).

I read somewhere that the models don't get paid during the filming. They get food and the exposure. That's it.

I always thought that was wrong. They should at least get some kind of per diem.

maybe if they paid the models they would get better ones.

This is the first season that I haven't known even one models name......seasons 1 & 2, I knew most if not all of them.
    We also got to see the designers interact with the models outside of the workroom during those seasons, which went a long way towards getting a sense of who they are.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I am disappointed, too, that we have seen so little of these women. Lea is the only one who sticks in my mind and she cannot win because Sweet P had her last.

Where is the information coming from that the models do not get paid? The exposure they get is hardly worth the effort of spending hours a week taping a reality show where they are seen for less than 2 minutes every Wednesday. They must get something, maybe not industry standards but they have to pay the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2814105;
    Where is the information coming from that the models do not get paid? The exposure they get is hardly worth the effort of spending hours a week taping a reality show where they are seen for less than 2 minutes every Wednesday. They must get something, maybe not industry standards but they have to pay the rent.
    I read it on another blog, and it seems to be confirmed on other sites, too.

And consider all that Lauren went through this season (Jillian's model): helping sew on candy, having her outfits sewn on her last minute, being steamed on.....

Surprisingly I do remember most of their names:

Sam & Ashley (Rami), Marcia (Chris), Lisa (Christian), Amanda (Ricky), Lea (started off as Elisa's before being tossed around), Katie (Sweet P's initially), Marie (Kit), Jacqueline (Vicborya). I just can't remember Stephen's & Marion's & Kevin's.

Unfortunately the only one that sticks out in my mind is Lisa, mostly because her glassy, dark-lined eyes bug me. She looks like a painted mannequin. I don't think I could pick out any of the others in a line-up.

Well I've noticed them, and the designers seem to have strong opinions about them too. Kit always used Marie, Victoria always used Jackqueline (the best one in my opinion), everyone fawned over Lea, Jillian liked Lauren, Chris always used Marcia, and Rami loves Sam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast