+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Sew Not Over

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: It's Sew Not Over

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2807383;
    This was hard...my favorite single piece definitely came from jillean, the first look that she did, the pink floral dress, was my favorite piece out of the whole show, but as far as my favorite collection overall, Christian had my favorite overall collection.
    I feel the same way, I loved that dress. I liked Jillians collection the best overall. I was sick of seeing black, black and more black before I finished watched all of the videos. I loved Christian's choices of colors and prints but the actual designs did nothing for me.

I liked Stephen, Jillian, and Rami's collections the best. I didn't like Rami's tulip skirt - it may have looked ok on a dress form, but it was not made to be walked in. Christian's stuff was good -but had some elements that I found annoying: clown ruffles on one, and tight tight pants with a stripe design that matched up in the front in a way that was very unflattering, looking almost like the model had wet her pants. I liked the top that went with it though.

In general, some of the other designs had problems with a massive upper body construction that made the women look like football players. Chris had some designs that would have looked much better had there been a different fabric or less fabric at the top.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I liked Marion, Elisa, Jack, Kit, Kevin and Rick. I thought Steven's was really boring. I thought Chris's formal ware was too tight and didn't like the fit. Jillian's was cute, except the pants fit horribly... I hated Carmen's.. yuk! My favorite three dresses were 1. Elisa's 2nd dress, the long red dress with hoodie. Jack's 3rd dress with the tie in the back, and Ricky's 3 dress- that was red. I liked that all the looks were pretty cohesive.

I didn't like Christian's outfit... the collars were not flattering or practical.

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

I think Jack's was the best overall, but there were a few pieces that were just phenomenal, like Rami's third look (the purple dress). Marion really surprised me with his collection, but some parts were far too busy.
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Ohmygoodness! Ricky...put down the hats NOW!!!!! There were a lot of collections where I liked one piece, but I--and I kinda hate to admit this--really liked Elisa's. I may have liked Ricky's but all I saw were the hats.

Personally I liked Elisa's & Chris's the best. But as far as "fashion" goes, I think Kevin & Marion hit the mark better. I'm going to vote for them.

And what kind of material was that, that Ricky used? Blah!

But I have to say the worst was Christian's.

FORT Fogey

There wasn't one collection that I prefered over another. There were some individual pieces that stood out to me. I loved Ricky's red lace dress. I liked that he designed it to be slipped on naked. That means no Spanks, nice. Two of Rami's were very cool. Jillian had one I liked, as well. Christian, who I usually love, did not call to me.

In general I didn't like Chris', Carmen or Marion's collection.

And it is time to stop using plaid; it is over!

Rami's was the only one in which I loved all three looks. They were beautifully tailored, well-made, interesting, and - as he put it - could be worn with different things. I was surprised, as I expected to see three grecian-style drapery dresses.

Christian's was disappointing - I liked his idea of using floral prints because that is SO in right now, but I wasn't crazy about the silhouettes. Chris's was disappointing, though I did kind of like the Morticia Addams third dress. Liked Elisa's falling star dress - beautiful and well made. I liked Jillian's but wasn't overwhelmed. I sort of liked the feathery "The Birds" look Marion did, though it was a little out-there.

Jack seemed overly defensive about the cohesiveness of his collection. Rightfully so, because it wasn't cohesive. Liked the poppy dress, though.

Carmen's was ATROSH and costumey.

FORT Fogey

For my tastes, Christian has it - which is really wierd for me to say since I'm not rail thin, and one has to be rail thin to pull of his outfits. Rami, however, really put out a gorgeous line that was very high-end. For a fashion show, I'd give it to Rami. For my tastes, I'g give it to Christian.

So, these two tie for 1st place.

Jillian is next. Then, Elisa and Chris and Jack. 3 of my favorites.

FORT Newbie

iiiii love rami's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast