+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

FORT Newbie

Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

It seems to me that the producers essentially pick who they want to win...For example, picking the guest judge for the finale. Of course Parker P was gonna love Jays clothes the best...DM has a style similar to Chloe's designs.

Now, we are looking at Posh. Who's style is she most like??? Christian, of course.

I may be wrong, but Nina, Michael, and Heidi will have "their choice" win the finale...Christian it is.

Re: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

Quote Originally Posted by honeywoman99;2796316;

Now, we are looking at Posh. Who's style is she most like??? Christian, of course.

I may be wrong, but Nina, Michael, and Heidi will have "their choice" win the finale...Christian it is.
    Really? I thought that Posh would like Jillian or Rami's clothes the best.

FORT Newbie

If you see her..she's all about the short jackets, tight pants and skirts. It just appears to me that Christian would be her fave. (although, lord knows, I've been wrong a time or two in my life!! lol )

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by honeywoman99;2796316;
    It seems to me that the producers essentially pick who they want to win...For example, picking the guest judge for the finale. Of course Parker P was gonna love Jays clothes the best...DM has a style similar to Chloe's designs.

Good thought. There is probably truth to this...makes sense.

FORT Fogey

The guest judges are just a token in the format. They get the biggest, most recognizable name they can. The decisions are made by Nina, Michael and Heidi. If the guest judges had any pull Chris would be the third and Rami would be out. Cavali favored Chris.

I don't believe for one minute that they know who they are going to choose as the winner until they see the runway show. The producers do not act as judges; this has been said many times. The disclaimer at the end of the show is routine. Production has said that they leave it all to the judges.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2798426;
    I don't believe for one minute that they know who they are going to choose as the winner until they see the runway show. The producers do not act as judges; this has been said many times. The disclaimer at the end of the show is routine. Production has said that they leave it all to the judges.
    I have a feeling production has some say, else Santino would NOT have made it as far as he did.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

I think Santino made it as far as he did because he was one of the few who brought "out there" design elements -- he took risks and took them during the right challenges (the more inspirational or costumey ones). Also, Santino was articulate about his designs and why he did what he did. I think the judges were impressed that he took risks and was able to explain why and what he was going for, even if he didn't achieve it.

IIRC, Lupe took risks, but they were often just ugly (IMO) and she blew the Nicky Hilton () challenge. Diana some took risks but they were usually too gimmicky. Andre took risks, especially early on, but turned off the judges with his behavior; later on he started producing good stuff that was a bit quieter and more focused to the challenge.

On the finale judges, in S2, Nina convinced everyone to go for Chloe -- this was in an interview with Tim. He said that they were back & forth between Santino and Daniel, but then Nina started backing Chloe and convinced everyone else.

I don't believe that the producers are involved in the challege decisions and I agree that it's Nina, Michael, and Heidi making the final decision -- particularly Nina and Michael -- if they agree, I think they would bring Heidi around and whomever the quest judge is. If they had Fern Mallis (or Diane von Furstenberg) as the permanent guest judge at the finale, she might have more influence. Random famous person ... not so much (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat;2798648;
    I don't believe that the producers are involved in the challege decisions and I agree that it's Nina, Michael, and Heidi making the final decision -- particularly Nina and Michael -- if they agree, I think they would bring Heidi around and whomever the quest judge is. If they had Fern Mallis (or Diane von Furstenberg) as the permanent guest judge at the finale, she might have more influence. Random famous person ... not so much (IMO).
    At the end of every episode the disclaimer is shown that says something like "decisions are made using judges scores and producer input" (I'm paraphrasing- I put the exact quote up before but now I can't find it.)

And Heidi is a judge and executive producer, so don't think that her point of view/opinion doesn't carry weight.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat;2798648;
    I think Santino made it as far as he did because he was one of the few who brought "out there" design elements -- he took risks and took them during the right challenges (the more inspirational or costumey ones). Also, Santino was articulate about his designs and why he did what he did. I think the judges were impressed that he took risks and was able to explain why and what he was going for, even if he didn't achieve it.
    (IMO).
    I agree that Santino made it far on his creativity and risks, however, I think he got past a few obstacles on personality alone. If other designers get raked over the coals for having a messy hemline and threads showing, he should have been booted for having a sleeve completely fall off, and his lingerie line was hideous. And I agree with Runway Victim, the credits do say something to that effect and I believe they say it for a reason, not just to prevent a lawsuit.

I'm not saying it's a negative that the producers have input on judging (and I give them credit for so readily admitting it), I just think that they're the reason certain contestants get farther on seemingly little talent (Wendy P, Ricky, etc.)
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrieEyedKat;2799043;
    I'm not saying it's a negative that the producers have input on judging (and I give them credit for so readily admitting it), I just think that they're the reason certain contestants get farther on seemingly little talent (Wendy P, Ricky, etc.)
    I think the biggest transgressor was Vincent. He continued to be let through even though week after week, his clothes were the worst.
    Remember his paper tube dress (his model couldn't walk in it) but Alison got booted for the paper brioche. There were so many instances when the kept Vincent & I was shocked & disappointed.

And then when we were finally rid of him (and angela) they were back (for "one more chance")!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast