+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

Re: Just thinking about the guest judge for the finale...past and present

and Vincent winning the Mom outfit competition was bull, of course he didnt have any trouble designing a dress Uli's mom was a stick!!! Uli should have won that one!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2802446;
    I agree that Vincent could have easily gone in Episodes 1, 3, and 6. Especially 6, since his garment was unwalkable.

And IMO Wendy could have gone (but didn't) in Episode 1 (The Rio candy bikini), 5 (wedding gown), 6 (half a bathing suit), and 8 (Postal Service).

It's a tough call!
    I'm sure she was kept around for dramatic effect until the last possible minute but then it backfired on them when Wendy won the last challenge and they were stuck with her.

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2802557;
    and Vincent winning the Mom outfit competition was bull, of course he didnt have any trouble designing a dress Uli's mom was a stick!!! Uli should have won that one!
    I agree, but I can understand how the judges leaned towards an attempt to make the model look more glamourous. Uli's look was great, but it was an everyday outfit. I think the "wow" was in the choice of print fabric more than the actual design.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The bottom line is that Wendy showed as a finalist in Bryant Park as the best PR had to offer while Vincent was one of the last six or seven designers left due to a number of different factors. I don't care if you analyze every stitch he sewed...there's no comparison, IMO. Wendy Pepper was a major embarrassment and a blow to the show's credibility.

I mean, who would have thought that Ricky could outlast Victorya for God's sake? But those kind of things are just par for the course for reality TV. When it comes down to a final, however, the show has to put up or shut up. And I don't see designers like Ricky and Vincent making it through to the middle of the competition on the same level as a designer like Wendy being in the final.
    Last edited by chrisg; 02-20-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;2803305;
    The bottom line is that Wendy showed as a finalist in Bryant Park as the best PR had to offer while Vincent was one of the last six or seven designers left due to a number of different factors. I don't care if you analyze every stitch he sewed...there's no comparison, IMO. Wendy Pepper was a major embarrassment and a blow to the show's credibility.

I mean, who would have thought that Ricky could outlast Victorya for God's sake? But those kind of things are just par for the course for reality TV. When it comes down to a final, however, the show has to put up or shut up. And I don't see designers like Ricky and Vincent making it through to the middle of the competition on the same level as a designer like Wendy being in the final.
    I agree Wendy never should have made it to fashion week. Having said that- remember that was PRs FIRST season- mistakes were made- Vincent was season 3! They should have learned a lesson from the Wendy incident.

Let's just agree to disagree about who we hate the most
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2803587;
    I agree Wendy never should have made it to fashion week. Having said that- remember that was PRs FIRST season- mistakes were made- Vincent was season 3! They should have learned a lesson from the Wendy incident.

Let's just agree to disagree about who we hate the most
    I think the judges were as surprised as we were that Wendy made it. Wendy just happened to have the winning dress for the grammy reporter. Cruel twist of fate.

That taught them to place the challenges involving the guest judge choosing them early on, and they have.

It was a format flaw that put Wendy in the finals. Also Austin failed horribly with his goopy ombre gown.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Personally, I liked Wendy's show at Bryant Park... with the exception of her see through dress that appalled Michael Kors. I liked her clothing and really liked her inspiration of jewel tones from the fall colors. If you looked at Jezebel and saw sweet p's collection, she also had a see through boobie showing dress. I didn't see all of season one, but it was really obvious that the only reason Wendy made it to bryant park was because she won the last challenge. In season one did they not have the decoy designer at Bryant Park? I know that Sweet P showed at Bryant Park to throw off who the winner would be. SO did Austin show at Bryant Park, too as a decoy? Obviously he's actually had the greatest recognized success of all the designers from any PR season...

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2805473;
    SO did Austin show at Bryant Park, too as a decoy? Obviously he's actually had the greatest recognized success of all the designers from any PR season...
    Yes he did show at Bryant Park as the decoy. I didnt see any of his designs but what I read it wasnt the greatest. I dont think they gave him a whole lot of time, like they did the other 3...also from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2806585;
    Yes he did show at Bryant Park as the decoy. I didnt see any of his designs but what I read it wasnt the greatest. I dont think they gave him a whole lot of time, like they did the other 3...also from what I read.
    True, if I recall correctly his collection only had about 8 pieces. I don't remember seeing pictures.

ETA: His Bryant Park collection is at gettyimages.com, search his name and the show as keywords in Editorial. I counted 9 outfits, but it's possible one of them was the same model before and after taking off a coat.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-21-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Posh is rail thin and that's who Christian designs for. On the other hand, she has an over-the-top-ness that screams Chris. She also can go elegant, like Rami and seems to appreciate intricate things, so Jillian would have a shot.

In the end, it's really the producers and regular judges. Although I would never, ever discount Roberto Cavalli. Genius.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast