+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

Premium Member

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

I hope Rami isn't the third choice but he probably he is the golden drapery boy that can do wrong in the judges eyes

I just have to say: kudos to the producers, they not only make you care for the contestants, they make you fall in love with them. I felt sooooo bad for Sweet P (even though I thought the judging was fair).
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2793983;
    I just have to say: kudos to the producers, they not only make you care for the contestants, they make you fall in love with them. I felt sooooo bad for Sweet P (even though I thought the judging was fair).
    I so agree. Once the drama queens departed, this was a peer group that played well together - sort of...but that kept it interesting.

I was so impressed with the amount of detail on each of the designs. The only one lacking was SweetP. Perhaps she should have bunched it in the back as she wanted Rami to do in their combined challenge and added a few peacock feathers as a train. Oh well. Also not having her model for fitting really slowed down her creative eye.

Christian and Jillian should be in the tent - but I think the tie between Chris and Rami makes sense. Neither showed or improved on or ramped up what they had designed previously. Rami's drape was elegant and had a beautiful bodice, and I liked the slip shoulder strap. Without the large shoulder piece, Chris' garment might not have stood up. The bow was awkward and, because of the shoulder, I didn't really notice the bodice. But, Roberto Cavelli thought Chris' gown was the most coutour and said he should show in Europe. What a nice ego boost for Chris.

I guess I'm looking forward to the fashion walkoff, but I think I know whom they will choose.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Does anybody else feel that Sweet Pea really got the shaft this time?

Unlike Christian, who seems to envision his entire outfit from the very start, she always seems to work more 'organically'. She creates her basic piece, fits it to her model, then edits until satisfied.

This has resulted in many strong pieces, often contenders for the win. But it takes time, which, absent her model, she didn't have.

Did you notice that she never got a chance to add the feathers and other accoutrements that she acquired at Mood?

I dunno. I just have a feeling we never got to see the 'real' Sweet Pea this time, and never got to see the garment she was aiming for.

I'd bet you a fierce mocha latte that a runway collection by Sweet Pea would have blown away the hot messes that Chris and Rami put together.

Okay, well, I did a little research, and turns out Sweet Pea DID get to make up a decoy collection.

My opinion - it rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2794289;
    Does anybody else feel that Sweet Pea really got the shaft this time?
    I do think she had an unfair disadvantage- I was surprised they didn't try to get her a substitute model for the rest of the challenge (or at least give her more time).

But our Sweet Lady got to show at Fashion Week! (I know she is not eligible to win but......). I am so glad she is getting press and hope she goes on to a great career.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I love Sweet P. I feel that her getting voted off was justified though. The dress was not the 'wow' factor they were looking for. I'm so glad she got to show at Fashion week and I hope she does well in the future. I can't wait to see the show down between Chris and Rami. And I can't wait until the bitch fest reunion show next week. Those are always so funny.

I don't like Christian's clothes designs, I don't see what is so great about them. Last night's outfit was just too much, over the top, who would wear that? Someone that was desperate for attention, maybe!

I too love Heidi's comment from the Reunion promo about Victorya.
    Heidi: "Is it me or does Victorya look a little uptight"
    Tim Gunn "it's not just you....."

I can't wait to hear how the contestants view the way they were portrayed. Because we all know..... only people who come off badly, complain about being a VOE (victim of editing).
    Everyone else is usually like "yeah it was a fair portrayal". Just once I'd like to see someone say "I was horrible & they made me look really good".

And on another note: I totally agree that Sweet P's judging was fair based on her garment.
    My love for her has to do more with her personality.
    The one thing that really endeared her to me was the way she would jump a little whenever Heidi called her name. She looked like she just got caught smoking behind the gym or something.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 02-14-2008 at 11:51 AM.

FORT Fogey

Lots of comments

First I think they need to have Project Runway with designers like Christian, but I think they need to have Project Designer for designers like Sweet P. If you look at all the seasons the ones that win are usually the elaborate runway show type which makes sense, but the others are so talented they deserve a chance against their contemporaries.

I also think that Chris and Rami were both given the chance because I think being that Chris was actually eliminated before even though he was slightly received better by RC they felt Rami and others might think that it was unfair with him getting a second chance that Rami deserved one as well.

I think Christian like that awful one last year will win, and they deserve it as they have the Runway style, but for me I like to see the designs that I could actually wear.

+ Reply to Thread