+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

I am about Chris' age. Much of his stuff looks very 80ish. I don't see him coming up with fashiony things. I do think he is probably one of the best theatrical show designers. He could give people whatever they wanted or needed to add some oomph.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I am trying to recall what would be Chris's top 3 dresses. I think the red short dress and the black end dress on his model would be the two best pieces. Some of his stuff was ugly. That George Washington face on ANTM's Bianca's dress was sad.

Rami couldn't stand back and see that women don't want to wear curtains. Maybe once or twice a year, wearing a curtain is fine. But not every time you turn around. Rami had more than enough beautiful pieces to get him in the finale.

I was at a Greek restaurant in Orlando five years back. They were playing some foreign (home) shows. A lot of the singers and dancers were wearing toga like things. The draping is foreign to us; but I think its a regular thing in ottoman empire countries.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-14-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Victorya always looks like she is going to sneeze.

Premium Member

seriously though I think I liked 2 pcs in Rami's collection, and I liked alot more in Chris'. Does anyone think they have a bias against Chris because of his weight and he isn't elegant like Rami? If so that is BS and PR sucks.

I so wanted to see Christian, Jillian and Chris as the three who showed at Bryant Park. Well I got two out of three. Now I have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks before I know if Chris makes it... ugh. What shear agony. Still I have next weeks vipers nest of a reunion to look forward to. Looks as if it will be fun. Well at least for the viewers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2793816;
    seriously though I think I liked 2 pcs in Rami's collection, and I liked alot more in Chris'. Does anyone think they have a bias against Chris because of his weight and he isn't elegant like Rami? If so that is BS and PR sucks.
    I don't think they have a bias against Chris because of his weight. Jay from season 1 wasn't exactly a toothpick. He kinda dressed like a slob most of the time and he won.

I think they have preconceived opinions about each designer and despite everything they say about wanting to be surprised and wowed, they are pretty true to pattern all the way through to the finale. Christian, for example, could march a hot mess down the runway, but slap a few puffy sleeves on it and they'd still love it!

Chris to them = funny guy, dramatic, but TOO costumey, no matter what he does.

Rami to them = talented and meticulous, even if he's really one note with the draping.

I fully expect that Rami will win the third spot over Chris and that Christian will most likely win the whole thing. That's why I was so excited when they called Chris' name first tonight.

It doesn't help that Chris doesn't fall all over himself to please the judges. He wants to take a nap, he takes a nap. :nono

I just looked at each of the lines and Rami's reminds me of Chloe's line, some similar colors and fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;2793814;
    Rami couldn't stand back and see that women don't want to wear curtains. Maybe once or twice a year, wearing a curtain is fine. But not every time you turn around. Rami had more than enough beautiful pieces to get him in the finale.

I was at a Greek restaurant in Orlando five years back. They were playing some foreign (home) shows. A lot of the singers and dancers were wearing toga like things. The draping is foreign to us; but I think its a regular thing in ottoman empire countries.

With regard to Grecian dresses, they're HARDLY foreign. They have been done to death by every designer known to man over the past several years. Just look at any Oscar recap over the past five years and you'll see LITERALLY DOZENS of them. They are flattering--which is why women do like to wear them, Jessica Alba included--but they're tired and overdone.

As far as the BP show, Rami's final three dresses were intricate and impressive (and a departure from his usual draping) but the rest of the collection was, IMO, unflattering and unattractive--ridiculously poofy shapes that made the models look huge with absolutely no cohesive theme to the collection in sight.

FORT Newbie

I LOVE Chris....he is FABU! Christian is talented and keeps me surprised...I was kinda hoping Sweet P would be in because she wanted it soooooo much...

Rami sucks...all that draping is too Dynasty.
    Jillian gets on my last nerve...

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2793822;
    I don't think they have a bias against Chris because of his weight. Jay from season 1 wasn't exactly a toothpick. He kinda dressed like a slob most of the time and he won.

I think they have preconceived opinions about each designer and despite everything they say about wanting to be surprised and wowed, they are pretty true to pattern all the way through to the finale. Christian, for example, could march a hot mess down the runway, but slap a few puffy sleeves on it and they'd still love it!

Chris to them = funny guy, dramatic, but TOO costumey, no matter what he does.

Rami to them = talented and meticulous, even if he's really one note with the draping.

I fully expect that Rami will win the third spot over Chris and that Christian will most likely win the whole thing. That's why I was so excited when they called Chris' name first tonight.
    I couldn't agree with this more. They've had Christian and Rami in the final--with Christian as the winner--since the first or second week. All that was left was a determination as to which woman (for the sake of diversity) would join them.

And I so love Roberto Cavalli (I've also always loved his designs) for sticking his ground. So what if Chris' dress was similar to the one he and Christian did--Christian ended up getting ALL of the credit for it! And Rami has tried to drape something EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Rami should have been eliminated last week for certain--if not for ridiculous repetition prior--for that hideous pink wrestler outfit. Disgustingly unflattering! Ricky's may have been tacky and bathing suit-y but not that hideous.

Michael Kors just doesn't want Jessica Alba to feel that her designer got dissed so now they'll bend the rules to give him another opportunity and I am fairly certain they'll come up with a rationale to choose him over Chris--who made a more cohesive collection.

They really should replace Nina and Michael and have three rotating guest judges with Heidi each week. MK and NG are just too predictable and NOT IN A GOOD WAY!
    Last edited by chrisg; 02-14-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Just a reminder, folks. This thread is to discuss tonight's show. Discussion of the specifics of what was shown at Fashion Week should remain in the other spoiler thread when the forum opens up after the west coast airing.

That said, I agree it was a total cop-out letting Rami and Chris both continue in this way. They should have just picked Chris and moved on.

I'm glad they gave both Chris and Rami a chance, however,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    after looking at Chris' hairy designs
    , I think Rami will be the third choice. Chris is lucky to be here, after all he got this far because someone else had to drop out. Either way, Jillian's going to win it all (I hope) and Chris or Sweet Pea should win fan favorite.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-14-2008 at 02:22 AM.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread