+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

Re: 2/13 Show Discussion * Spoilers*

WWD Slideshow

So, Cavalli is a judge, they boot Sweet P out, but then Cavalli has a VERY peacocky dress in his new collection. Wonder if he thought nobody would notice or care?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2799612;
    I think the design off for the third place makes total sense. Both Rami and Chris presented a dress that has been done before. The criticism was exactly the same. How do you choose? Michael and Nina have reputations in this industry and would not participate in a rigged reality show. We have also heard that production does not interfere in the judging process. I believe this. It does not serve anyone to choose the Bryant Park contenders based on anything other than talent.
    How do you choose between Chris and Rami?
    How about choosing someone who created a design with a similarity to ONE other design over someone who created AT LEAST A HANDFULL OF NEARLY IDENTICAL looks. Rami's dress was also 'boring' to quote Roberto Cavalli compared to Christian's, Jillian's and Chris'. So the criticism was hardly 'exactly the same'.

Michael and Nina have strong opinions about what they consider to be fashion forward and fashion acceptable. These ideas have clearly hijacked the show. This is far different than rigging yet perhaps even more tedious and predictable. I knew they would pick Christian as the winner and put Rami in the final three since at least the second week.

Production not interfering with the judging process? How else do you explain Wendy Pepper? A Bryant Park contender chosen based upon her talent? Hardly...I do however think that producers have stepped back since the first season...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;2800294;
    Michael and Nina have strong opinions about what they consider to be fashion forward and fashion acceptable. These ideas have clearly hijacked the show. This is far different than rigging yet perhaps even more tedious and predictable. I knew they would pick Christian as the winner and put Rami in the final three since at least the second week.
    Good point. While I think they were good picks to be judges, I don't like that they became permanent ones. I miss the first 2 seasons, where they would mix it up more.

Besides, no one makes the word "tootie" into music the way Anne Slowey does!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2796617;
    no way is Jack going to win fan favourite he has complaining and moaning since he left the show. Hope he doesn't come back for season 5.
    I KNOW!!! Hes also been bad mouthing our boy Chris too. He lost my love, it wasnt much, but there was some.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2799991;
    WWD Slideshow

So, Cavalli is a judge, they boot Sweet P out, but then Cavalli has a VERY peacocky dress in his new collection. Wonder if he thought nobody would notice or care?
    I highly doubt he would copy off of Sweet P. For one reason, why would someone of his caliber copy off of her to begin with. Not to mention Sweet P's dress wasn't that great and didn't even look peacocky. The style is also completely different. I don't see any reason to think it had anything to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2801350;
    I highly doubt he would copy off of Sweet P. For one reason, why would someone of his caliber copy off of her to begin with. Not to mention Sweet P's dress wasn't that great and didn't even look peacocky. The style is also completely different. I don't see any reason to think it had anything to do with her.
    I haven't seen enough to know if he "copied" Sweet P. In thinking back to his assesment of her, did he say something to the efect of "a peacock is a wonderful inspiration...you should have done more with it" ? I supoose if Sweet P has an issue with him, we'll hear about it after the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2799991;
    WWD Slideshow

If he left the taping thinking, "hey, a peacock IS a great inspiration!" and then made a dress that resembles a peacock but doesn't resemble Sweet P's dress in any way, I don't think he's done anything wrong.

BTW, people should click on that link using "Open in New Window" -- it's a pop-up that resizes the window you're in.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Obviously he didn't copy her dress. That is why I said her idea, which is just as obviously where he got his inspiration. Which is not to say there is anything wrong with that, just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

As for the pop-up, just click the little button at the top of your browser and it will go back to max size.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011