+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

I wonder why all of them except Christian decided to do a dress.
    Yup, with donuts!!

am i the only one that was bothered by sweet pea's dress? i thought it was actually cute but i could NOT get over the seams not matching up between the top and skirt. i was sure the judges would blast her for that. the jagged mismatched seams bugged me. may be it was intentional but it wasn't exaggerated enough, it just looked like a goof up to me. did anyone else notice that or am i just being neurotic? lol

It looked like it was sewn in the garage by me! I didn't hate it but I wouldn't have expected the judges to praise it either.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think Ricky won due to something the Levi's lady said to SweetP. It was not only supposed to be iconic but to give the aura of 501 jeans. Ricky's look with the buttons probably is what gave him the edge as far as that went. It was something she complained about SweetP's look. I loved SweetP's dress, but did find it odd that the seams didn't match. What was so great though about her dress was that the different colors of the denim actually helped give the figure to the dress. I liked Christian's sleeves turned hems.

When I saw Ricky's dress coming down the runway while I liked it I didn't necessarily think it should win. When I heard her comments and processed it all I think that is the reason he won. And how exciting that they are selling it limited edition too--good for him. Wish he'd quit crying all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2768022;
    I wonder why all of them except Christian decided to do a dress.
    Disclaimer: I am not a huge Christian fan. I agree that he can be immature and annoying and needs to stop thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread.
    With that out of the way, I think Christian was the only one ambitious/brave enough to do pants. Think about how hard it is to find a pair of really great fitting jeans!! He did some amazingly good guessing about the size of his model to get jeans that fit her like that without stretch denim. He could have had a disaster on his hands if it had gone wrong!

What is up with Michael Kors forehead? Looks like he got every freakin' line in his forehead filled with botox (too much!) and now he looks like a dough boy. I don't like it. Waaay too smooth.

Kors went overboard and should take is own advice "Sometimes less is more."

I loved Rickys dress! I thought that his and Sweet Peas were the only wearable items in the lot. Sweet Peas dress looked so much better on than when she was talking about how it was good enough to keep her safe.

Christian seems to amke the same jacket every week. Even hos blouse last week looked just like a jacket he did.

Jillian's coat reminded me of the ones the Wicked Witch of the West's guards wear in the Wizard of Oz.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Too bad Ricky is still in because now we get to see him cry some more and hear people complain about him crying. He probably will be gone next week, but at least he had one good moment. I thought his credentials, as he presented them, were very impressive. He is just not good at working under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2768264;
    Christian seems to amke the same jacket every week. Even hos blouse last week looked just like a jacket he did.
    You're seeing the same thing I'm seeing. Have you noticed that his jackets and pants are all cut the same way. Very severe, tight, fitted. Slight mutton chop gathers at the top of the sleeve, or the general effect.

Also, even on the avant garde dress, he seems to be hooked on the tiny placket pleats. It was in the dress, the ready to wear blouse, and the jacket from the Bitten challenge. It's probably popped up somewhere else I don't remember.

He's 21. He should be experimenting, but he already seems to have his set riffs. Not good. And his comment vocabularly seems to be stuck on fierce, ferosh, and variations of barf.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2768186;
    I think Ricky won due to something the Levi's lady said to SweetP. It was not only supposed to be iconic but to give the aura of 501 jeans.
    I worked for Levi's several years ago & one of the most important design elements is the "arcuate" -the stitching on the back pockets. (As well as the red Levi's tab and to a lesser extent the rivets.)
    But Ricky having the pockets on the front of the dress helped push his design over Sweet Peas, especially since they will sell a limited edition of the winning item. His design although maybe not the best design, fit best within Levi's parameters.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread