+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2767565;
    Ok I saw the pics of the outfits on Bravo not surprised about Victorya being out her outfit was awful but I think Christian or Rami should have won instead of Ricky even Tim Gunn couldn't believe it LOL.

I saw the outfits, too, on Bravo. I like Victorya's dress. I hated Jillian's. All the others were okay, but the sleeveless dress was really cute.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I'm so glad Victorya is gone! *doing celebratory booty dance*

I actually like Ricky. All that crying cracks me up. I'm glad he finally won a challenge.

I'm in love with Chris no matter what he creates.

It's going to be really interesting to see if Jillian can hold it together as the competition progresses. I thought she was just gonna break down all together.

It was nice to see Rami do something different. I wonder if that will continue. Because I honestly think he would have found a way to drape that denim if he had more time.

I just love Sweet P's personality.

And Christian...hmmm...ummm...err. ..

No new PR next week. I can't believe we are already in repeats....again! We just had a hiatus during the Holidays!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Regarding this episode..... at least Jillian didn't make overalls!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2767741;
    Regarding this episode..... at least Jillian didn't make overalls!
    The way things turned out, she probably should have.

VictorYA is gone; I dance a jig of glee. Overall I thought this was an uninteresting challenge, especially after last week. There's too much blatant product placement this season. If the challenges were exciting enough to warrant it, fine, but this one wasn't even well articulated, to the designers or to us.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence;2767545;
    christian looked like he was pouting about not winning.
    He always does that when they don't pick him as the winner.

FORT Fogey

This challenge bored me as I knew it would. I hate denim anywhere outside of jeans, which I live in.

Sweatpea- I was shocked they liked her dress so much. It still looked like 70's hippy to me.

Rami- I thought he had the winner. I liked this dress even though the zipper as trim is not new. We saw this in Jeff's Bryant Park collection and he probably did not create the idea either.

Christain- I liked his creation but I see why it didn't win. The bottom of the legs did not work.

Ricky- This is definately one time I wish we heard more of their judging process. I did not get how his creation was better than Rami.

Victoria and Jillian- Denim is way too heavy for a coat and waaaaaaaaaay too much denim to look at. Both were bad.

Chris- Boring dress.

I think the judges got it right. What the designers forget is that Tim and Nina judge with a more historical eye and can spot "been there, done that" with aplomb. I HAD Vic's coat when I was in college. Mine didn't balloon out at the waist... it was more of an a-line and didn't look all that heavy. With that in mind, I thought hers was the worst.

Sweatpea: I was not feeling the love that the judges were for this dress. I'm glad she she made it shorter, but when Nina G talked about how this was a dress that a woman could wear on a "number of occasions" what the heck was she thinking?? A - Very few women could successfully wear that dress and B - Where on earth would a woman wear a patchworkey denim strapless dress!?

Rami: I liked Rami's dress and I like the way he used the zippers. Yes, it has been done before but he still executed it well. I like the way he had the cute little pleats on the sides of the skirt.

Christain: I thought the jeans were cool even if only 0.01% of the population could pull them off. I thought the cuffing at the bottom of the legs was interesting. However, I did not like his jacket - IMO, it was boxy and too wide to pair with those ultra-skinny jeans.

Ricky: I don't personally care for Ricky. I am beyond tired of his hats and his crying. That said, I do think he deserved the win this week. His dress was cute, well made, and it just said "Levis". I could totally see that dress fitting seamlessly into their product line.

Victoria: Bah! I was with the other designers who questioned what the heck she was doing with her time. It really did look like she took an existing jacket and just sewed a skirt on. And turning the material around so that the colors were closer did not make the materials match. The flip side of denim had a completely different "pattern" to it....

Jillian: It was a really poor choice for both Jillian AND Victorya to go for coats. They just came off a challenge where they made an impeccable coat and they had less time for this challenge - there was nowhere to go but down!! Jillian's coat was wierd. The seams for the top of the sleeves was way beyond the model's shoulder and kind of down her arm - it made her shoulders look bizarrely shaped. That along with the fact that it was not fitted well to her slim model just made it blech.

Chris: I didn't think his dress was bad at all. The only thing I thought he needed to do better was the bottom hemline - it looked uneven and (far lack of a better term) wavy. I thought it would have looked better as a pencil skirt that was a bit longer, closer to knee length. I liked his idea of having the trim stuff winding from the pocket around the neckline. I really thought the judges should have given him more credit for an interesting design concept. I am SO GLAD he ended up safe!

I couldn't believe they like Sweet Pea's outfit, it was awful, an outfit made from different colors of jeans, patches of different color jeans . I wouldn't wear her outfit if you gave it to me free.

+ Reply to Thread