+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/23 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

As soon as I saw Rami doing the zipper as trim, I thought "Jeffrey's green striped Fashion Week dress".
    Then Tim Gunn said it was innovative and I thought"Tim, don't you remember, you commented on it last season during the finale when Jeff showed it to you?"
    And then the judges commented on it and they too didn't mention Jeffrey.
    I'm sure Jeffrey was not the first to use zippers as trim but the judges acted like they had never seen it before Rami.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

This challenge really odds me.I mean were they that dump to look for an "inspriring" challenge rather than just demin?The only one reason I can figure it out is The Levi had actually signed this episode with Bravo.
    And to the designs odds me either.Some outfits of top 4 were something I've seen in real fashion industry for many times.One the other hand,those bottom designers left are all great ones.In the end ,I'm just so sick of the business side of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2768479;
    As soon as I saw Rami doing the zipper as trim, I thought "Jeffrey's green striped Fashion Week dress".
    Then Tim Gunn said it was innovative and I thought"Tim, don't you remember, you commented on it last season during the finale when Jeff showed it to you?"
    And then the judges commented on it and they too didn't mention Jeffrey.
    I'm sure Jeffrey was not the first to use zippers as trim but the judges acted like they had never seen it before Rami.

I thought the same thing! I could not remember who used zippers before but I knew I saw it. I do like Rami though but it made me feel like the critiques are forced to fit preceonceived opinons and plans for the show.

They want to make it look like Rami is the winner and then sneak the winner is as a surprise.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't think I've posted at all on the PR4 thread this go around. I've been watching, but maybe I'm jaded with the process. Anyway, to this point there are two personalities I like - Sweet P and Jillian. I haven't been excited by the challenges or the designs yet. Chris helped Christian win the hairdo challenge with his over the top shoulder ruffle, and he may be the first to go to final three (or four) after being eliminated. That's interesting, I guess. I did like Christian's revamp (bottom and top) of the Levi challenge. Using sleeves as legs - and leaving the cuff intact - was clever and interesting. I'm surprised, though, that the judges zoomed in on the dresses for praise. What was it - at least three went for the "iconic" little black dress look?

Ricky went back to his training, which is what they said they had been missing, so maybe because he finally showed a lingerie fit with Levi buttons is what pushed him over the top.

Jillian should have been upset with herself. A second coat in a row? Come on, Jillian, I know you can turn out sophisticated looks - even with denim - you should have thought, instead of clutched. Of course, I'm in my armchair and she's not.

After giving Victorya her soft bit of film, she's aufed. (YAY) Since they also gave Rami his soft bit of film this week, does that mean he's going soon?

My final four at this point (no WOW factor yet):
    Jillian
    Sweet P
    Chris
    Christian or Rami

I'll continue to watch, but not get invested. *sigh*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

My problem right now is not so much Ricky, the little midget actually managed to grow as a character in this episode.

Ricky delivered, I can't help it, he just did. Finally. But at this point he knows he shouldn't be there, he knows he pales compared to the others, but he also knows that he can do better, and has done better.

When he won he was as surprised as the audience was. You saw the disbelief when they called out his name. Genuine surprise.

That was actually the moment when Ricky became something of a real person, rather than a constant factor of annoyance.

Christian, I really should hate him, he's bitchy, he's whining, he moaning and groaning and being a catty little fag. But I don't hate him. I love him, because he's the only one right now who provides me with comic relief. Chris is there, but he's too timid, even when he takes on Christian he's the subdued one in the conflict. Chris... despite his history, despite his words, is actually a bit on the boring side.

I'd love to see Rami take on Christian, Rami has the ego, and the experience, Christian will find it difficult to outplay Rami, while he'd swipe the floor with Ricky by just being the bitchy bitch he knows he can be. Ricky would be in tears if Christian would point his arrows on him, they both know it. Ricky has moved into the background socially because of his work on the show, while Christian groes cockier with every single challenge.

Jillian won't make any waves, she's just too busy in her projects, Sweet P hasn't the stomach to kill a fly, let alone talk back to Christian.

Rami, the only option, and he's too macho, too butch, to take on Christian. And I hate Rami for not slapping Christian. Rami my big strong manly delectable non-jewish Israeli piece of man-meat. He needs to take his shirt off more often. Damnit Rami! Please me!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I couldnít believe it when Rami said that his designs were more fashion forward and edgy because he wasnít from the United States. Seriously!?!

Last week I had finally turned the corner with Christian. I actually started liking him. Well, back to the drawing board as they say. Turns out he really is the whinny little b***h we thought he was.

Iím so glad Chris is back on the show. He has such a great sense of humor. He may not be the best designer, but Iím glad heís still in the competition.

I thought it was predictable early on as to who would go home. And, IMO, the decision was the right one.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I liked Sweet P.'s dress and would have it to a Phish show with some hemp and fimo jewelry. ;-)

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I am just SO glad that Victoria went home. She's got no creativity and was so arrogant. I couldn't believe she won the prom dress challenge. I would NEVER have bought, worn, or allow my girls to wear that goofy looking dress.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I loved it when Chris M was talking to his dress. He is soooo darn funny and loveable. I'm rooting for him to make it to the top 4. Ricky needs to go home soon. It looks like Jillian is going to make it to Fashion Week, but if she does PLEASE don't let her show a whole collection of overalls!

+ Reply to Thread