+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1/16 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/16 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

And why does Rami keep using drab colors in his outfits??? And why can't he humble himself to respect the abilities of the other designers? After all, he's not the end all, be all. And he's not the best of the designers. He should keep his eye on the little dude with a crazy version of a cockatoo hairdo (Christian)!

And, again, WHY IS RICKY STILL THERE????

Premium Member

Rami needs to keep his eye on the rest of the designers as well Chris is improving Victorya has won 2 challenges Jillian is a great designer and Sweet P has been doing well of late as well, the only one I consider a nonthreat is Ricky he should be auf'd like ASAP.

FORT Fogey

Victorya and Jillian- I thought they would and should have won. Not only did they make 3 outfits, the last minute day dress was adorable and well received. The jodpurs did not fit well; that critique was edited out but the rear view was baggy. Jillian continues to show no affect which amazes me. She dead pans to the camera that she is freaking out.

Christian and Chris- Beige does not read well on TV and it is a color I don't care for. Avant garde? Not for me. The color saved it from being a gay pride parade costume.

Ricky- count me in on the 'why is he still here' consternation.

Sweatpea and Rami- Sweetpea continues to suprise me; her dress was adorable. Rami will make it to the final 4 with his constant draping just as Uli did with her one note clothes. He will never fail so miserably as to be out.

Kit- I knew she was gone the minute I saw that toilet paper cozy emerge from behind the screen. What was she thinking? I am sorry to see her go. I liked her personal style and youthful presence.

My goodness, I have never seen someone with more lives than Ricky on a reality show before. Why is he here? Do the producers think the viewers want to see someone crying and think it is great TV? At this rate, I can almost see him in Bryant Park, but not because he deserves it. I am very sad Kit had to go. I would have liked to see more from her. Rami is good at what he does, though he hasn't shown he has a variety of skills.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I knew she was gone the minute I saw that toilet paper cozy emerge from behind the screen.
    Heh - toilet cozy. Perfect description

Kit was eliminated I believe because she picked the awful material for their clothing. The clothing was awful but the material was way worse, looked cheap.

It looks like they are awffing on collective lackluster. So I agree with last night's decision. Ricky should be the next to go.

My current least faves are Rami, Victorya, and Sweet Pea. It's not that I don't like them. But some one must go. Those are the ones that it wouldn't bother me if they went.

I know it's hard to stand back and critically evaluate your work. It looks like that's what Rami's problem is.

I am starting to like Sweet Pea more and more.

And I must be a psychic looking at last night's winners. Yay Christian and Chris. Good boys!

FORT Fogey

This season is unbelievably dull. Christain's attitude is the only "drama" and without a rival he just appears as the tiresome egotistical youth that he is.

Jillian has one facial expression to Victorya's two. Chris held promise but he is just not all that witty. He also needs a pier to banter with like Jay/Austin or Santino/Andre.

There is no chemistry to be had. I am sure the casting crew will be on top of this next season. No one can be happy about this group.

I NEVER thought I would say that I long for Wendy Pepper.

Finally we got to some some of the great talent this cast has been tooted for so much. I love Chris and Christian's outfit. It was exhuberant, impractical and romantic. Jillian and VictoriawithaY's outfit was great, but it was a little too wearable for my taste. Did you see Nina smile when she saw C + C's outfit come down the runway? I don't think I had ever seen her do that. And it is now official for me: Rami is a tool. Sweet Pea's outfit was absolutely adorable,and he had no respect for her opinion or working methods. Well, you know that pairing was going to be a problem when Sweet Pea got so happy about it.

This group of designers is far too professional to give us the entertaining craziness we have had in past seasons. It makes for a duller show, and clothes that are generally well made (among the top designers) but nothing really stands out: no corn husk dress, no coffee filter dress, no orchid dress, no Chrysler building dress. By the same token, the disasters have not been as bad. In past seasons we had that first outfit neck monster did, Santino's deer underwear nightmare, Vincent paper vomit apocalypse, those Banana Republic dresses Robert and Starr did the first season. We have seen some awful stuff in three and three quarters seasons. I don't think this season is memorable either way. It is on Prozac. Until now. Lets hope they keep it up, and if not, that we at least get some great shows at Bryant Park.

I don't get the animosity towards Ricky. I mean the crying is annoying, but I would take him over VictoriawithaY any day. And he is not as bad as some of us make him out to be. He is just very up and down, and even when he is good, he is not that memorable. And by the way, crying is a perfectly healthy response to the stress these people must be experiencing.

I knew Kit's days were numbered. She is kind of like Kevin: solid, very good sometimes, but you get the feeling the judges had their favorites early, and it will take a major meltdown to change their minds (please Rami, keep on draping until they drop your conceited behind. He comes across as stubborn enough to do just that). That is bad news for Chris. I get the feeling he is going to end up in the Nick slot two seasons ago (five). It just looks like the final four are VictoriawithaY, Jillian, Christian and Rami. I hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by busilis32; 01-17-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2757030;
    I NEVER thought I would say that I long for Wendy Pepper.
    *Tears own eyes out* Nooooooooo!

Actually I'm thinking Sweet P will have the Luck of the Pepper this year. She'll keep floating and floundering until the last challenge, and then somehow eek out a win to go to the Final 3.

The big difference is, I actually like Sweet P, and wouldn't mind seeing what she can do without the stress of the short deadlines.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread