+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Yes, and YES! There's not much in the way of extras on Season 1, but Seasons 2 & 3 have extended episodes, interviews and outtakes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

a theory i just came up with -

i have a feeling that RAMI was kicked off because if you look at his official site - he has a line for 'spring/summer of 2008' which was posted late december 2007 - wouldnt that mean that he was working on that line at the latter part of last year? just about when project runway was wrapping up filming? PLUS if he made it to the top, why would he have time to make a line aside from the bryant park one? rather than a spring/summer collection?

thoughts?

Finally caught this online and I have to say a lot of the dresses were really hohum in my opinion. I liked Victorya's dress (she was the one who did the royal blue shorter one with rhinestones) but I didn't care for the assorted colours of gems she put on. I think it would have looked much better with maybe silver and one other colour.
    I wasn't really overwhelmed by the designs though. I don't know why they struggled so much with this challenge because the dresses could have been so fun and they weren't required to use some sort of wacky material. Yes Christian had a challenging model, but really, I think there was definitely more he could have done than whine about his situation.
    I think the right person went but this was a tough one in terms of bottom 2 because I would have had a bottom 4 easy.
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 01-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2752191;
    Finally caught this online and I have to say a lot of the dresses were really hohum in my opinion. I liked Victorya's dress (she was the one who did the royal blue shorter one with rhinestones) but I didn't care for the assorted colours of gems she put on. I think it would have looked much better with maybe silver and one other colour.
    I wasn't really overwhelmed by the designs though. I don't know why they struggled so much with this challenge because the dresses could have been so fun and they weren't required to use some sort of wacky material. Yes Christian had a challenging model, but really, I think there was definitely more he could have done than whine about his situation.
    I think the right person went but this was a tough one in terms of bottom 2 because I would have had a bottom 4 easy.
    Which ones would have been the bottom 4?

I would say the same as the judges had Ricky, Rami, Kevin and Christian but I would have sent Ricky home based on the overall season plus his dress was boring and washed out his model. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cjlopah;2752189;
    a theory i just came up with -

i have a feeling that RAMI was kicked off because if you look at his official site - he has a line for 'spring/summer of 2008' which was posted late december 2007 - wouldnt that mean that he was working on that line at the latter part of last year? just about when project runway was wrapping up filming? PLUS if he made it to the top, why would he have time to make a line aside from the bryant park one? rather than a spring/summer collection?

thoughts?
    If I recall, Jeffrey was working on a collection of his own the same time he was working on his Bryant Park pieces. Of course he cheated LOL just kidding!

Also, this season, unless they delayed the time that the finalists could start, the designers had a ridiculous amount of time to work on their stuff, something like 7 months. Compare that to Season 2 where they had about 2 months.

But you could be right anyway; after Kevin's aufing it looks like the judges are capabale of anything this year...

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2751200;
    Yes, and YES! There's not much in the way of extras on Season 1, but Seasons 2 & 3 have extended episodes, interviews and outtakes.
    Thanks alot I just ordered seasons 2 &3 on DVD from Amazon Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2750506;
    This definitely looks fairly similiar to Victorya's dress and I can tell you now I don't like it in the pink nor the blue lol
    Me either! ha!

MFWalkoff thanks for inserting them into the post!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2752217;
    Which ones would have been the bottom 4?

I would say the same as the judges had Ricky, Rami, Kevin and Christian but I would have sent Ricky home based on the overall season plus his dress was boring and washed out his model. JMO.
    I agree with the 4, but I would have somehow made it clear that most of them weren't getting the boot because only 1 could be sent home that time.

Is this a replay, in the US, of Season 4? I thought it already ran there and it's over. They are finally showing it here in Canada on Slice Network on Mondays. The dates don't jive. 1/9 was a Wednesday. It's only 2 episodes in up here and nothing yet of prom dresses. Is it the first run that is still on in the US and it's a delayed/offset run up here?I've read very little in this forum, lest I be spoiled. I suppose I should stay out of here if I don't want to know? Slightly confused.

Thanx.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 01-17-2008 at 10:32 AM.

We are in the middle of Season 4 in the US. The prom dress challenge was episode 7, which aired for the first time on 1/9. New episodes air every Wednesday.

The season began in mid-November for us, but Bravo didn't show any new eps for 3 weeks during the holidays.

+ Reply to Thread