+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

At first I was very aggravated with Christian's teenager. But maybe she wasn't too bad. I don't know what they did with the editing.

Would be models, please be kind to your designers. These challenges are very important for them. Don't inconsiderately mess with their careers.

I must say the other girls were pretty good. The one in the worst (red) dress was perhaps the kindest.

My favorite dresses this challenge were Christian's and Chris'. Sweet Pea's was off. It needed a lining, refitting or dark color. And Rami. Rami. Rami. Rami. Rami. Why do you think women want to wear togas? If we had to get on a float in a toga, you'd make us look best. Otherwise, we don't want to wear such weirdness. He gets the ugly dress award this week.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Victorya-I liked her dress, but it definitely didn't deserve to win. The rhinestones looked cheap and it was too short for a prom dress.

Sweet P-Deserved to win. Her dress looked amazing, was gorgeous, and was flattering for the client.

Rami-I actually liked his dress. It looked expensive and was beautifully made, but it was unsuitable for a prom.

Christian-I really felt bad for him because he had a nightmare of a client, but it was extremely unflattering and over-the-top.

Chris-He had a great dress and it should have made it on top. The color was lovely.

Kit-I actually loved her dress. It was fun, young, and fresh.

Jillian-The colors were beautiful, but it messed up her model's boobs.

Ricky-I hated this dress. The color washed her out entirely, and the bottom looked hastily done.

Kevin-Although I feel that Kevin didn't deserve to go based on past performances, his dress was truly awful. It was completely cheap looking, plain, and boring.

Just got to watch this on Tivo last night, and I'm sorry, am I the only one that remembers that Prom is a formal, therefore you do not wear a short cocktail dress?

Here are my opinions:

Chris - His dress should have won, it was amazing, I loved everything about it, something I definitely would have worn to Prom...it was classic and fun.

Sweet P - A close 2nd. I had a dress similar to that for Senior Prom, again, a classic take on a Prom dress, it was beautiful, and I think it was good of her to make it more age appropriate than what the girl wanted.

Jillian - An interesting dress, I really liked it. I especially liked how the straps trailed on in the back...so cute!

Kit, same, I like the colors a lot. Middle of the road for me.

Christian - Cute from the front, horrid from the back. He was a whiney baby this episode. Like Tim said, "Rally!" Even though this one was short, it qualifies for prom because it is a "Party Dress"

Ricky - Would have been cute in another color. Although it did look a bit lopsided. Too cocktail-y to be a prom dress though.

Rami - I would wear that dress out to a nice dinner or the theatre with my boyfriend. It's not a Prom Dress. If you look at his website, I bet he has a dress almost Identical to it.

Victorya - I hated her dress as a Prom dress. I could not believe she won. It was a cocktail dress at the most. I would wear that out to a club in hollywood...and would never dream of wearing it to a formal event! Plus the "jewels" were heinous and tacky...it looked like it was from Forever 21. Ugh. I am so disapointed in the judges.

Kevin - I like Kevin, but this dress was horrid, it looked horrid on her and off her. Yuk. He deserved to go home.

Well I can't imagine that Victorya watches Sweet Sixteen (MTV) but someone posted a blog that has photos of the dress Michael Knight (who apparently is also spelling his name with a rather oddly included 'y' in it as Victorya does also!) designed for a girl on that show.

The dress he designed (and aired on the show back in fall) is remarkably similar...other than it's bright pink instead. Unlike Victorya, Mychael doesn't smush the boobs...but it's complete with bedazzled 'jewels' too.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a fluke...but slightly amusing that two PR designers had such similar (and not very nice) dresses!

I tried to insert the picture but couldn't so it's attached. Can someone insert it side by side? I'm clearly not skilled at this! ha! Thanks

Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-12-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: You're welcome...check out the VB Image Host area

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2750504;
    Well I can't imagine that Victorya watches Sweet Sixteen (MTV) but someone posted a blog that has photos of the dress Michael Knight (who apparently is also spelling his name with a rather oddly included 'y' in it as Victorya does also!) designed for a girl on that show.

The dress he designed (and aired on the show back in fall) is remarkably similar...other than it's bright pink instead. Unlike Victorya, Mychael doesn't smush the boobs...but it's complete with bedazzled 'jewels' too.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a fluke...but slightly amusing that two PR designers had such similar (and not very nice) dresses!

I tried to insert the picture but couldn't so it's attached. Can someone insert it side by side? I'm clearly not skilled at this! ha! Thanks
    This definitely looks fairly similiar to Victorya's dress and I can tell you now I don't like it in the pink nor the blue lol

I was actually disappointed by the dresses. None of them wowed me.

Regarding Christian's model, after watching the episode, I could see she was enthusiastic about helping to design the dress and probably was hoping to impress Christian with her knowledge (she told him she was studing design). Of course Christian being Christian (Mr. know it all big head), he was probably only too obvious with his dislike of the things she was requesting which insulted her - hence her being so harsh about the dress he made later. Human nature - you hurt my feelings, then I'll try to hurt yours. That's just my theory. If Christian were older, he probably would have been smarter and done what Sweet P did - listen to her client's wishes making the client feel heard and then later make her own decisions in creating the dress.

Sorry to see Kevin go. It should have been Ricky. I'd take cheap over boring any day (and that goes for dates too!) ;o)

Premium Member

Ricky definitely needed to go seriously that colour was awful looking and drowned out that poor girl, hopefully in the next eppy they will finally auf him once and for all

FORT Regular

Wow those dresses are eerily similar and I don't like either. I realize Victorya's dress needed some interest but sequins? I still think they just look like little buttons..... something that Angela from last season would have made.

There obviously was a lot more to the exchange between the judges and Christian & Maddie than was shown in the episode. I can't wait to see the extended DVD version.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

do they have the other 3 seasons of PR on DVD and is it worth it to get it?

+ Reply to Thread