+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 1/9 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1130;2748229;
    Sweet Pea should have won but I don't think they wanted her to have the immunity for the next challenge.
    Interesting! I think you might be right. Although I'm not sure hers was the best (after all it's completely subjective) I think she'll have a problem winning a challenge from here on out for just that reason.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Just watched it again. Victorya's was awesome and I really liked Chris' and Jillian's. Sweet P was great too.

"Kit Pistol?? What's her mom's name? Machine Gun?" - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2748598;
    "Kit Pistol?? What's her mom's name? Machine Gun?" - Chris
    Oh, they were talking about Kit? I thought they were guessing Tim Gunn's mother's name! I have to get my ears checked...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really thought Kevin would get to be top four. He was consistent, and this is his first time in the bottom. I think the judges didn't care much for him and his competence. Kit might be in the same boat. These are professional people who do great jobs, but don't make interesting television. It is beginning to look like it will be Christian, Raimi (probably the surest thing this season), Jill and Victoria (with a Y). I didn't think her design was so great. It looked too much like her first one, but it was youthful. I wish she would stop chewing gum on camera. It just reminbded me of her comment about not wanting to be a "bossy cow." And Kevin in his prom tux was just adorable.

Christian not being able to deal with his client could be because they are very close in age. I think all the other contestants just tolerate him. He is like their obnoxious little brother, but if any of them went of on him, he probably would just crumble.
    Last edited by busilis32; 01-10-2008 at 01:29 PM.

I think Sweet P should have won. It was classy and sophisticated, but in a good way. I disagree with them that it was inappropriate for a 17 year old--she looked great it in. I didn't like Victorya's dress. yes, it was more young, but those big fake jewels or whatever they were looked so tacky and it looked like a racerback dress that she accidently put on backwards. I did feel a bit sorry for Christian for his client, even though I do suppose it is karma. He should have been more firm with her about making something that looked good. The girl had tacky taste, but he should have reigned it in to make something presentable and made something flattering at least since that girl was way too fat to be wearing that style. You'd have to be super skinny to pull that type of thing off at all.

But anyway, Kevin did deserve to go for that dress, though I think Ricky did worse. I was sure Kevin would make it in the top 4. Ricky hasn't really made anything good. I almost wonder if the producers wanted to keep him, because I did see that they give input in that message at the end of the show. I am not sure why--crying doesn't make for interesting tv in my opinion, but maybe they disagree.

In Ricky's defense, his first dress was beautiful and well made (if boring), and the dress he made with Jack was adorable. Also, his transformation outfit was not bad. I think he would have been able to do a better outfit in the team challenge if he had not had all that conflict with VictoriawithaY. I don't think he can deal with the conditions in which these people compete, but I think there is a very good designer under all those tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2748625;
    I did feel a bit sorry for Christian for his client, even though I do suppose it is karma. He should have been more firm with her about making something that looked good. The girl had tacky taste, but he should have reigned it in to make something presentable and made something flattering at least since that girl was way too fat to be wearing that style. You'd have to be super skinny to pull that type of thing off at all.
    I thought that Christian might be in trouble as soon as I saw his client (and he didn't have the most delighted expression).
    In the fat --> skinny challenge he had one of the thinnest models. I question whether he can do clothes that flatter a typical or heavier weight woman....

In the fat --> skinny challenge he had one of the thinnest models. I question whether he can do clothes that flatter a typical or heavier weight woman....[/QUOTE]

I agree that he is obviously more comfortable working with stick-thin models but I think her size was only one small part of the problem.

The problem was that he is young and inexperienced in dealing with clients and was not able to reign her in. He had a client with awful taste.

Parts of the dress were kind of pretty (the brown fabric was gorgeous) but that dress had everything but the kitchen sink thrown in!

The problem was that he is young and inexperienced in dealing with clients and was not able to reign her in. He had a client with awful taste.

Parts of the dress were kind of pretty (the brown fabric was gorgeous) but that dress had everything but the kitchen sink thrown in!
    Christian had the worst teenager out of all of them in terms of attitude. I was actually surprised at how gentle he was with her. I fully expected him to be rude but he was rather kind. She was a huge pain... but yeah, I agree that he should have just ignored her on some level. Last night was the first time I really started to like Christian.

I missed the first part of the season. Where did this kid learn to sew????

I like Christian's designs. I believe he is a very foward thinking designer. I've watched every season. He has appeal for all ages in design.

+ Reply to Thread