+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Challenges *Possible Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: Season 4 Challenges *Possible Spoilers and Speculation*

I was surprised to see them at The Port Authority next week...... when Tim announced that they would be making their garments out of the raw material behind the door......
    & the door was slowly lifting it reminded me of last season's trash/recycle episode.

And I thought to myself "wow this season they have used actual fabric/material until now"
    But....... (**SPOILER** below)..........

They will be using denim!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-17-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Restored, edited in error
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

The title of this thread alerts to the discussion of spoilers.

Denim will be dull. They are not going to like it and neither will I. I live in jeans but I don't like anything other articles made of denim. Hate them, really.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2757103;
    The title of this thread alerts to the discussion of spoilers.
    True dat. My bad.
    Denim will be dull. They are not going to like it and neither will I. I live in jeans but I don't like anything other articles made of denim. Hate them, really.
    Laura Bennett agrees with you. All I can keep thinking of is Daniel Franco's "Clothes off your back" outfit, where he polished the denim and made it look pretty smart. But I agree, if denim is the only material then it's going to be limiting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Title of the next episode "Even Designers get the blues" The designers are challenged to take jeans and jackets in various colors and textures, creating an original denim design.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Premium Member

I just hope this is the final episode of Ricky of the Crying Hats I am so over him already

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2757585;
    I just hope this is the final episode of Ricky of the Crying Hats I am so over him already

Although, if he cries every time he's in confessional, I can't even think of how he's going to act when he gets cut.

Premium Member

OMG They will have to bring a truckload of Kleenex out if Ricky gets cut LOL

I actually have a new theory about the Ricky sticking around despite being B3 every week but the 'weigh watcher' challenge.

I think they may be keeping him as a "he can be justifiably aufed (for consistently less than stellar work) any week at our convenience" pawn type guy in order to save someone who actually IS a strong designer and really deserves to be here.

I think they want F4 as Chris, Christian, Jillian, and Rami. Boot Victorya or SweetPea next and perhaps even the other the following week, keep sparing Ricky, and nearly ensure that F4. Keep someone like Victorya (and Kevin before her) or even SweetPea and they could jeopardize one or more of those F4 on a strong week. Keep Ricky, and you have an out for the week of F5.

Keeping around the more "lower to middle of the pack" sorts (Vincent and to some extent Wendy Pepper, for instance) has come around to bite them in the bottom before, when one of those folks suddenly has a great week and there's no avoiding them being in the top or even winning, and then the only other folks left that far down the road are the ones they wanted in the end or at least some. (Thinking of Wendy's Nancy O'Dell dress aufing Austin, Robert with Vincent's dress for Uli's mom)

Aufing middle of the road folks in lieu of an easy auf decreases the threats to folks that they ::really:: want to stay on the show till the end.

Keeping Ricky around seems to be a fire insurance policy allowing them at least one "free pass" for a potential finalist, knowing the odds of him producing brilliance out of the blue are far lower than someone like Kevin (and probably to a lesser extent Kit) who very well may have done then come getting down to 5 or 6 designers, resulting in someone who they wanted to be booted. So they went first.

Sweet Pea is a good example of someone else who could be a middle-of-the-road sort who could "jeopardize" a finalist. She hadn't been great, and I think they were employing the same technique with her as they were Ricky (as in two insurance policies) but her two strong dresses in a row now show she can really pull something out of a hat (in the top last week and them liking her dress this week though not the whole dynamic). Had she not been stronger twice in a row, I think she coud have been another "pawn" to the panel alongside Ricky and hung around awhile longer.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see SweetPea (or Victorya) go next week unless there's absolutely no way to get either in the B3 b/c they're THAT good.

And I actually can potentially see Rami being the one who benefits most from this whole keeping a "pawn" (easy boot) theory. Now, someone like Rami who's getting their ire for similarity can be spared even if he does another draping look because there's an easy boot in Ricky for someone like Rami instead.
    Last edited by Kikora; 01-17-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: ETA

Premium Member

I want Ricky gone he is not even in the same league as the rest of them and for another designer that has more talent to go before him (aka Kevin, Kit) it just isn't right, his prom dress sucked and he did the ready to wear garment for the last challenge that just sucked Jillian pulled a better ready to wear garment in less time then Ricky did.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2757103;
    I agree. It's only just somewhat recently that I've started living in jeans during the week for class. But I wouldn't want denim shirts, etc to wear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast