+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12-5 discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 12-5 discussion thread **spoilers**

Okay, I have a theory...

The "coming up on this season of PR4" trailers seems to show a lot more of Chris than we've seen to date... I'd have to go back and see if all of his comments in said trailer have been covered in the episodes aired so far. On the flip side, we don't see much of Jack after his "announcement", which is coming next week.

Jack has previously revealed that he is HIV positive (did you see the 12-gallon ziploc bag of drugs the man has to deal with on a daily basis? The poor guy!) My theory is this:

Jack announces that he has to leave the show due to health reasons. As they did on season one of "Top Chef", they allow the last person booted to return... Andrea got the break on "Top Chef"; could Chris get a similar break?

I, personally, love Jack and his designs so far. (And PS - I don't fault him at all for scarfing the best model of the bunch this past week... this is a competition after all!) But I thought Chris was equally talented and, if Jack does go, it would be a silver lining to see Chris return.

Am I crazy? Could this actually happen?

Oh, and by the way, Lee Harvey Oswald did NOT act alone.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;2708198;
    Anything is possible, but that would be a sad direction for the show to take. Jack seems like a genuine guy and a true talent. I would hate for him to have to leave, especially for serious health reasons!

sad to see chris go but glad that ricky didnt get eliminated over victorya.that would have made me dislike her even more than i already do now because of how she acted on last nights show.not a big fan of ricky by any means, just on principle alone.

yep-- somethings up with jack and next weeks show for sure.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

"...glad that ricky didnt get eliminated over victorya."
    I couldn't agree more. I don't think Ricky is the most talented of the bunch, but Victorya is WAY overrated, and I thought her treatment of Ricky was deplorable. He hit the nail right on the head when he referred to her as passive-aggressive; she tells the guys he's a lousy leader, then criticizes him for not being MORE of a lousy leader... in the SAME SENTENCE! It reminded of an old joke: Two old ladies are eating lunch in a restaurant. The first says "the food here is horrible." The second replies "I know! And to portions are so small!"

I truly hope my hunch about Jack is wrong... but it must be something serious; you can tell how shaken up he is in the preview.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl25;2708155;
    Oh, and Ricky honey, get rid of those stupid hats!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has issues with his hats. I think I'd like him 50% more if he lost them.

I was sad to see Chris go. His jacket was hideous, but it was well made. The dress was well constructed too. Ricky's outfit was poorly made and this wasn't his first time getting that criticism. I think they were about both equal on leadership failure, though. Inasmuch as I thought Ricky should have been booted for his consistently bad sewing, I'd have much preferred Victorya getting the boot for failure to work as a team player, thinking that a model's chest should be smushed down, and having a stupidly spelled name that gives my spellcheck fits.

Well made and boring trumps badly made and boring, so Ricky stayed in the first episode.
    Unmade and ugly (Carmen's outfit) trumps almost made and boring, so Ricky got a pass on the previous challenge.
    Now this one was tricky. I would have preferred that Steve be put on the block with Ricky. His outfit didn't fit with the other ones. Ricky was a good leader, he helped Victorya and put up with her, and he went to Alisa's planet. I think his own outfit suffered for it. I think the dress Chris made was superb, but the judges may have seen it as safe and boring (and the shoulder pads killed it) whereas Ricky's was kind of ugly and poorly made, but sort of more interesting (at least it was colorful). Call it the Santino rule.
    You would think Victorya, being a woman, would understand how uncomfortable it is to have your breastessess flattened, but that is hegemonical thinking for you. It was funny how the model finally admitted she felt better with Ricky's corrections. She wouldn't have said anything otherwise. What a thankless job these women have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;2708198;
    Okay, I have a theory...

The "coming up on this season of PR4" trailers seems to show a lot more of Chris than we've seen to date... I'd have to go back and see if all of his comments in said trailer have been covered in the episodes aired so far. On the flip side, we don't see much of Jack after his "announcement", which is coming next week.

Jack has previously revealed that he is HIV positive (did you see the 12-gallon ziploc bag of drugs the man has to deal with on a daily basis? The poor guy!) My theory is this:

Jack announces that he has to leave the show due to health reasons. As they did on season one of "Top Chef", they allow the last person booted to return... Andrea got the break on "Top Chef"; could Chris get a similar break?

I, personally, love Jack and his designs so far. (And PS - I don't fault him at all for scarfing the best model of the bunch this past week... this is a competition after all!) But I thought Chris was equally talented and, if Jack does go, it would be a silver lining to see Chris return.

Oh, and by the way, Lee Harvey Oswald did NOT act alone.
    Oh that is funny (Oswald)!
    And you are crazy, it won't happen.

Anyone else hear how Jack is dating Dale from TC3? I think that's awesome!
    Project Runway: Watch Season 4 of the Fashion Designer TV Show – Official Bravo TV Site

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;2708411;
    I couldn't agree more. I don't think Ricky is the most talented of the bunch, but Victorya is WAY overrated, and I thought her treatment of Ricky was deplorable. He hit the nail right on the head when he referred to her as passive-aggressive; she tells the guys he's a lousy leader, then criticizes him for not being MORE of a lousy leader... in the SAME SENTENCE! It reminded of an old joke: Two old ladies are eating lunch in a restaurant. The first says "the food here is horrible." The second replies "I know! And to portions are so small!"

I truly hope my hunch about Jack is wrong... but it must be something serious; you can tell how shaken up he is in the preview.
    You totally nailed it. I totally agree. I would have been happy to see Victoria go on the grounds she totally sabataged the team by not being a team player.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2708482;
    : I'd have much preferred Victorya getting the boot for failure to work as a team player, thinking that a model's chest should be smushed down, and having a stupidly spelled name that gives my spellcheck fits.
    Love it!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast