+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: project runway 11/28 show discussion

Fatima/Anya/StacyAnn/Kat Missez's Avatar

Re: project runway 11/28 show discussion

WORST ELIMINATION, ON PR. I'm reallly sad now .
    ANTM = Eugena + Fatima =
    CNTM = Mo + Rebecca =

I really wanted Ricky in over Carmen, though I don't dislike either. I definitely wanted Sweet P in. She did a really good job in the team challenge - I was so impressed.

Glad Jack won.

Wow, I honestly thought that Ricky was going to go. Ricky crying like a baby is a little silly and I feel bad that Carmen went out on a menswear challenge but I guess so is life.

I am just glad Sweet P is still in.

I'm a little upset that Carmen went home.

Ricky has been in the bottom twice now....he better come out with something awesome next week because he is given the chance once again to show himself!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I wish Tim Gunn were still doing his podcasts, so that we could understand why Carmen went home instead of Ricky. Looked to me like both of them should have been out.

I was disappointed with the winning design. I'm no fashionista--maybe that's the problem--or maybe you just need to see the garments in person to appreciate them. From my little tv set, there wasn't anything spectacularly innovative about Jack's design. I was very underwhemed. As for Kit's outfit, I guess her "innovation" was to make a sport-type coat out of a sweater-like (or sweatshirt-like?) material?? Because again, I was underwhelmed.

Oh--and Kevin's model's styling? Weird. And weirdly feminine (ironically so, as Kevin is the resident straight contestant, yes?)

Although I love Jack's personality, I feel that they chose the easy safe outfit as the winning one. What was with all those stripes?? It was like psychadelic fruit stripe gum! Poor Ricky cries every episode!
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;2696869;
    And weirdly feminine (ironically so, as Kevin is the resident straight contestant, yes?)
    Yes, as he feels compelled to remind us fifty times an episode. I was kind of surprised that Sweet P stayed on, but of the 3 in the bottom this week, I like her personality the best. Carmen is just meh and I was hoping Crying Ricky would take his ugly hats and leave. I was also surprised that the judges didn't hear about Jack's use of his shorts as a pattern. While it was "legal", I'm just amazed that in the heat of the debate on the runway it didn't come up (or that we saw, anyway).

I'm a little upset that Carmen went home.

Ricky has been in the bottom twice now....he better come out with something awesome next week because he is given the chance once again to show himself!
    Same here...Carmen had one bad day, Ricky can't seem to *not* do a bad job.

I also thought that Kit should have won. She had three pieces and they looked nice together!

I think this was the worst episode of all 4 seasons so far. I'm almost angry at how much the producers (not the designers) screwed up this challenge.

First off, the constraints on the challenge were ridiculous from the start. Only 30 minutes to sketch, only 30 minutes to shop. For a garment that few of them have ever even attempted before. Then they bring in Tiki's wife halfway through Day 2 instead of Day 1, when they can't really do much to change any problems she has with their designs.

I guess I can understand Sweet P staying because they liked the pants and the tie, and the shirt was realized enough to be called a shirt. And I can understand that Carmen was marked down for a bad design AND bad construction. But if the judges really thought Ricky's design was boring as well, then he should have gone. Surely they could see that in terms of potential, Carmen has it all over Ricky. I can see Ricky having his "Barbie's Mom" moment in the next week or two, where he will be auf'd. Carmen had a bad day, but she had a better backlog of work to consider if it came down to a tie between them.

Overall, I didn't have a problem with having a menswear challenge, I think they should have done one by now. But they should have set it up so that the designers had half a chance to make something deliberate, not to mention finished. Nobody had the time to really think their outfit through, and while some may have finished, nobody sent down the whole look thay they had planned.

There should have been more guidance and/or preparation at the outset to make this challenge possible to finish. As it was, this was an ambush. If I were Carmen I'd sue, but I'm sure the contract they sign prevents such things from happening.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-29-2007 at 01:15 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

I really didn't get what the problem was with, (I think it was) Kevin's purple shirt. Tiki said he wasn't afraid of color and it most likely would have looked really good on him but they really railed on him for choosing that color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast