+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Runway Creations Photo Album - Season 4

Re: Runway Creations Photo Album - Season 4

Sweet P's DRESS is great.
    Christian's design is so cool!=]

I've been looking at the pics since the beginning of the season and overall have really liked most of the designs. The ones that usually have been voted out are the ones that I would agree with the judges. Please bear in mind, I have not been able to see the show, so I'm basing my comments on the pictures.

This round, I agree with them on Vyctoria being out. The outfit does not look new and if she just used the jacket as it was with a few embelishments, that's not thinking outside of the box.

Jillian's jacket is OK here, but the one from last week (the black and pink one) is much better and cooler. I think had she maybe used darker denim for the ruffles at the edges and NOT used the red tags at all, it'd been prettier. If she really wanted the stripes, she could've used darker denin there as well and it wouldn't have had the Morse code feel to it.

Ricky's dress is definitely an improvement over some of his other work, such as the prom dress (which I feel looks more like an everyday dress and was unflattering to the model). Don't know if it was good enough for the win, but it was a pretty dress.

Christian's outfit was definitely the biker chick look, though the only thing that annoys me is the weird angle at the waist of the jacket. I think the short cropped jacket looks great, just the angle throws it off just a hair.

Sweet P's dress is one of my favorites, though I'd like it a little better with straps on it. On the flip side, if she did that, she'd probably really make it look dated instead of retro - which is what I feel she did here. It was smart of her to shorten the dress too for the same reason.

The other outfits were great too, but these stood out to me for whatever reason or another.

So far, the only outfit I've really not liked was Kit's ready to wear outfit last week. The couture one was (IMHO) cute and fit the hairstyle, but the ready to wear outfit was too plain and the style of the dress did not match the print of the fabric (calico just doesn't work with a city dress). She could've done something along the lines of a peasant blouse with the print and solid color skirt I think and still gotten the country feel of the couture dress.

Episode 10 - Raw Talent

Jillian - Michelle

Chris - Maria *WINNER*

Christian - Kristal

Rami - Torrie

Sweet P - Candice Michelle

Ricky - Layla *OUT*
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

Chris deserved the win his look rocked. I liked Christian but it wasn't really much of a wrestling outfit. Jillian's was OK. Rami's looked like Barbie on crack, Sweet P's was blah and Ricky's was an fugly bathingsuit not a wrestling outfit . Bye Bye Ricky of the Crying Hats can't say I'll miss you

I agree, I am in love with Chris's outfit.

My rankings:

1. Chris- Yay, he finally won a challenge. This was my favorite one by far, although the hoodie is a tad Bratz-like.
    2. Christian- He had a fair shot at winning, but it didn't look wearable in a ring.
    3. Jillian- It's okay. But what is with those socks???
    4. Sweet P- Boring, boring, boring. Looks like an outfit you might find in Eva Gabor's garage sale.
    5. Ricky- If it wasn't orange, I would wear it as a bathing suit. He missed the point of the challenge completely, and I would definitely agree with aufing him if it wasn't for:
    6. Rami- He. Draped. Again. What is with that color!?! It looks like a cheap hooker barbie doll on steroids. Why, oh why was Rami spared even from the bottom two?

It's interesting that Christian's wrestler outfit looks just like all of the other outfits he's designed --a short tight-fitting jacket with big shoulders and tight pants.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;2787322;
    It's interesting that Christian's wrestler outfit looks just like all of the other outfits he's designed --a short tight-fitting jacket with big shoulders and tight pants.
    Absolutely! And this is at least the second time he's done a funky bottom to a pair of pants. The jeans had something on the bottom that threw it off for me.

It doesn't seem as if these designers are comfortable leaving their...well, comfort zone.

Rami - aka "Drape Boy"
    Christian - TIGHT fitted jackets and even TIGHTER pants
    Jillian - anything that requires too much thought and finish work, especially jackets
    Sweet Pea - you know she just wants to make retro dresses!
    Chris - may be the only one who's willing to take a real risk but his tendencies tend more to costumes rather than fashion.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

oh and with Christian, dont forget the puffy sleeves with the fitted jacket.

Episode 11 - The Art of Fashion

Chris - Marcia

Christian - Lisa *WINNER*

Rami - Sam

Sweet P - Lea *OUT*

Jillian - Michelle
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread