+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 11/14 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: Project Runway 11/14 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Wow, you can just feel the quality of PR3 oozing of the screen compared to the majority of so called "reality tv" good to see it back. Timing wise, premiering 1 week before a major holiday, was that really a good idea?

Surprising I was surprised how nice the majority of the dresses looked on the runway and I do agree with previous posters who said they wished that the dresses had more camera time. I do agree Chris's purple and gold dress looked great and I wanted to see more of it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved Rami's dress, and I think it was his bunk-ass model that made it look not as fabulous as it could have been.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the models this season are way below par??? A good model can really help a designer.

Christian is the bratty, younger brother of Austin Scarlett. I didn't care for his dress, but he has imagination and tweaks the old forms, which goes for a lot in this show. Ricky is this season's Andrae. Hopefully he'll pick up the pace. Steve looks like a cross between French Stewart and Nosferatu. I loved Rick's dress, and Jack is a real hoot. And what a body!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cinergy93;2669624;
    I loved Rami's dress, and I think it was his bunk-ass model that made it look not as fabulous as it could have been.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the models this season are way below par??? A good model can really help a designer.
    Yes, I think Rami drew the short straw in the model department. I loved his dress but hated the flower.

Unfortunately Lea is one of my favorite models and she was with the hippie woman. If they keep their models she is toast and the poor thing must have known that the minute she saw her dress.

About the hippie dress. I sew and was stunned that she made that dress having only one seam in the back. That is very hard to do and takes skill. They saw that and have hopes for her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2669922;
    About the hippie dress. I sew and was stunned that she made that dress having only one seam in the back. That is very hard to do and takes skill. They saw that and have hopes for her.
    One of them mentioned that back seam, if I am remembering correctly, and I had no idea what that meant, so thank you for reinforcing that. Though I thought that dress was hideous (not so much the front, but the train was ridiculous) I certainly champion good workmanship. Funny, though, I don't recall seeing much of the grass stained material used in the final product.

I am so happy that this show is back! I missed it so much. Now I can have my "Fashion Wednesday" double header of Top Model and Project Runway again. And if I ever watched Gossip Girl on its intended night, instead of on Tivo weeks later, I'd have a fashion trifecta!

Yeah, getting the hippie dress in one seam does take a lot of talent, especially with that type of fabric. Minus the train, I would have worn that dress. I'm glad they kept her, I bet she makes it a few more eps, at least!

FORT Newbie

Re: Project Runway 11/14 Discussion Thread

This season looks great already! I'm so excited : ) All the designers look really professional, except Elise!! haha

I am so excited PR is back!!

This set of designers look like they have a lot of potential. My faves after the first show are Rami and Chris. I think I could like the girl that calls herself "Kit Pistol" also, I just wish I could have seen more of her. It's hard to form a good opinion when you just get snippets of some of them! I don't dislike Christian at this point - I'm not a big fan of plaid or puffy princess sleeves, but I am interested to see what he will do next.

I cracked up laughing when Heidi said it looked like Elise's dress was "pooing fabric". When she was making it I had a flashback to Santino's skating outfit, the one the judges said looked like a Thanksgiving turkey threw up on it (or something to that effect ).

Hello all! So glad to have found you! I am so excited about the new season!!

I liked Remi's dress, but I have to agree with someone else, I thought it looked alot more tailored and didn't droop as much on the dress form as it did on that model. I don't think it fit her too well.

I was really surprised with the talent this year. They all knew how to sew and were able in the time allowed to get their dresses done and looking good...except that gal that went home! That was something to me! Seems like in the past some of the designers weren't too good at the sewingthing and messed up some of the designs.

Not sure if i can like Christian this season, he just seemed to have a little of a "i'm better than you attitude". Didn't really get to see much of a couple of the designers, Jack and Carmen..so maybe I can form an opinion once I see more of them!

I am just so excited to have Project Runway back on the air!
    YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2670074;
    I am so excited PR is back!!
    I cracked up laughing when Heidi said it looked like Elise's dress was "pooing fabric". When she was making it I had a flashback to Santino's skating outfit, the one the judges said looked like a Thanksgiving turkey threw up on it (or something to that effect ).
    Santino himself (such a jerk, but he could be funny) put it best when imitating Michael Kors to perfection he said: "Looks like a baboon exploded on her a--!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast