+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nina Garcia - Judge

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Nina Garcia - Judge

Nina Garcia - Judge

Nina Garcia got her start in the fashion industry in the early '90s working in the public relations department for Perry Ellis and its then head designer, Marc Jacobs. She then moved to Mirabella magazine as assistant stylist and market editor, and ultimately found herself as the market editor at Elle, moving up the ranks until she became fashion director, a position she held from 2000 until 2008. She then went on to serve as editor-at-large with the magazine before moving to Marie Claire magazine as fashion director in May 2008.

Born in Colombia, South America, Garcia attended college in the United States and traveled extensively with her family through Europe and Asia. She is fluent in Spanish and conversational in French. In her role as fashion director at Marie Claire, Garcia currently oversees the fashion coverage for the magazine and runs the fashion department. She also covers the designer fashion markets of New York, Milan and Paris, and is relied upon as a fashion authority. She has participated in numerous television interviews, most recently appearing on "The View" and "The Today Show" as a trend expert.

Most recently, Garcia authored the New York Times best-selling book "The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own" for Harpers Collins, released in Fall 2008. She is also the author of "The Little Black Book of Style," which shows women how to tap into themselves and the world around them to define their own signature look and personal style, released in September 2007. In September 2009, Garcia launched her third book, "Style Strategy," from Harper Collins. Garcia has a fourth book due out this August, entitled "Nina Garcia's Look Book."

Official Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Re: Nina Garcia - Judge - Season 4

I hope motherhood is treating her well .

i love her and her effortless hair

Her hair irritates me a lot [ I dont know why? ] , I hope she dyes it chocolate brown or something (:
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

man, is her face airbrushed within an inch of it's life or what? her skin doesn't look nearly that good on the show.
    And they should have carried the airbrushing down through the chest or not done it at all. All the freckling & dry looking skin on her chest is a dead giveaway!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I adore this woman. She is beautiful, effortless in the way she presents herself and brilliant. Google her and read some articles. She is something special.

This just in! Nina Garcia and Elle have parted ways. Details are sketchy at the moment, but it doesn't sound pretty:

Nina Garcia Said to Be Out at Elle

Published: Friday, April 11, 2008
    By Stephanie Smith

Elle is said to have parted company with its fashion director and “Project Runway” star and author Nina Garcia sources said late Friday.

Neither Garcia, Elle editor in chief Robbie Myers nor a spokeswoman for Elle could be reached for comment.

On Tuesday, Elle hosted a dinner with Moschino to celebrate Simon Doonan's new book, "Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fashionable You", but Garcia was notably absent.

Speculation about Garcia's departure has swirled for months, especially after the arrival of Joe Zee at the beginning of 2007 as creative director. Last spring, Garcia left the magazine on maternity leave, and began writing a monthly fashion column for Elle upon her return. Garcia was in the office on Friday morning, but by the afternoon, sources close to the building say Hachette’s Midtown offices were abuzz about the rumor.

The editor, who has already penned one book, “The Little Black Book of Style,” is a judge on the Bravo reality show “Project Runway”, which earlier this week switched to Lifetime Television under a more lucrative contract. NBC Universal, Bravo’s owner, has sued The Weinstein Co., producer of “Project Runway,” over the move.
    I'm sure more ugly details will be unearthed in the next week...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Honestly, I can't say that I'm surprised. It seems like with all the other "ugly" things going on with PR that Nina's time at Elle was just slipping away. I wonder what this'll mean for her on the show. I doubt she'll be replaced; she's too integral, but now Heidi has to memorize a new line !

Elle is committed as a PR sponsor for season 5, but Nina is committed as a judge as well. Will Heidi just introduce Nina differently each time, or I wonder if Elle will try to plop someone else from the magazine in her chair?

It won't be Anne Slowey, since it was announced that she landed a spot standing in Tyra Banks' shadow on a new fashion reality show where assistants compete for a job with an Elle magazine editor.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really hope Elle doesn't try and plop someone else in. I think Nina fits the show. But I may be biased because I haven't seen anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast