+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Gunn - Mentor - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Tim Gunn - Mentor - Season 4

Tim Gunn - Mentor

Tim Gunn once again will act as mentor to the designers of "Project Runway" in season four. Gunn also hosts Bravo's "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style," where he leads fashion-challenged women on an emotional journey to unearth their personal style.

Gunn is Chief Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne Inc., taking the post on March 5, 2007. Gunn joined Liz Claiborne Inc. in an effort to show the world that the company is serious about returning to their roots focusing on product and design. As CCO, Gunn leads an ongoing campaign to restore a culture that welcomes the creative process, helps to shape a more competitive, consistent and compelling product and attracts and retains the best design and merchandising talent.

Formerly, Gunn served as Chair of the Department of Fashion Design at Parsons The New School for Design and was a vital part of the Parsons community for more than 23 years. Appointed to the position in August 2000, he was charged with retooling and invigorating the curriculum for the 21st century. Under Gunn's direction, the department strengthened its position as the indisputable leader in fashion design education in America and as one of only a handful of leading programs in the world.

Prior to his appointment as chair of the fashion design program, Gunn spent most of his career at Parsons as Associate Dean of the school. In that capacity, he worked closely with the academic departments and helped develop programs and relationships abroad, including the international spectrum of Parsons affiliates in Paris, Korea, Japan and the Dominican Republic.

Readers can benefit from Tim's considerable fashion wisdom in Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style (published in May 2007 by Abrams Image, an imprint of Harry N. Abrams, Inc. www.abramsimage.com). He discusses every aspect of creating and maintaining your personal style: how to dress for various occasions, how to shop (from designer to chain to vintage stores), how to pick a fashion mentor, how to improve your posture, find the perfect fit, and more. He'll challenge every reader-whether a seasoned fashionista or a style neophyte-to "make it work".

The Advocate magazine labeled Gunn "The sanest man in reality television" in a March 2006 article and Entertainment Weekly called him called "a major arbiter of style" in June 2006.

Official Site

Re: Tim Gunn - Mentor - Season 4

I am sooooo HAPPY to see that Tim is back for season 4!!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It wouldn't be the same show with Tim and his magnificent phraseology!
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 10-26-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Agreed. Tim is the unsung hero of PR!

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Even my husband (who hates PR) loves Tim Gunn
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

LOVED the snarky comment about the sole remaining piece of fuzzy fabric:

"Look what's left behind . . . . Big Foot"!

And just 17 minutes into the first show, we get our first "Make It Work"

Oh yeah, the party has started!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I looooooove Tim Gunn!!!!

ADD ON: Hey! I now get to put a custom avy up! YAY!

FORT Regular

Whenever they have a poll on the show and Tim is one of the choices, you just know he will get the most votes. Everyone loves Tim.

I like Tim I just think he's starting to overshadow the show because of annoying fangirls..

In that capacity, he worked closely with the academic departments and helped develop programs and relationships abroad, including the international spectrum of Parsons affiliates in Paris, Korea, Japan and the Dominican Republic.
    Hmm...it's good to know that Paris wasn't the only card they had to play in terms of creating challenges involving travel. Here's hoping that there are more jet-setter competitions in the future.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast