+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Gunn - Mentor - Season 4

Re: Tim Gunn - Mentor - Season 4

Has anybody read Tim's book yet? I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be geared toward dressing tips for women or men.

Every American man ought to take a page out of Tim Gunn's sartorial book--he always looks natty and pulled together, even in jeans, which I'm sure he has pressed.

He really has an impressive vocabulary, which contradicts the prevailing notion of fashion-people as dimwits. I confess that he does get a teeny-tiny bit grating on my nerves with the "Designer Gather-Rounds", though in other cases, I find him quite calming and sane.

My all-time fave Tim moment had to be the "I don't think I want any turtle poop", followed closely by the Electic White Feet display on Uli's beach in Miami.

I understand that his role is different than that of a judge, and I much prefer him in the role of mentor, but I would dearly love to see what Tim's comments would be if he were in the judge's seat. Nobody would be sad to see Michael Kors go, would they?

Maybe they ought to consider letting Tim sit in on the panel for the final runway shows at least. I feel he is the best positioned to understand everybody's work because he gets to see it up-close and in-process. He also has the best sense of the individual personalities, which I think should play a part somewhat in the final decision. Since the winner is representing the show and by extension the professional judgement of the people involved, it behooves them to get insight into their styles of working and whether a designer would actually be a good fit for an internship & corporate representation deal. I'm not sure they haven't bombed in that respect with at least two of their current three winners. Tim's input would be inestimable.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2704202;
    I understand that his role is different than that of a judge, and I much prefer him in the role of mentor, but I would dearly love to see what Tim's comments would be if he were in the judge's seat.
    Many agree with you, which is why so many of us are complaining that there's no Tim podcast accompanying the episodes this season. The podcasts he did for seasons 2 and 3 (formerly available at iTunes) were pure gold, because he didn't hold back his personal opinions on both the contestants and the judging.

Since NBC is in the middle of switching distributors for their online content (from iTunes to Amazon), nobody knows if there will be a podcast this year. Hopefully it's just delayed due to the switch. I guess he still blogs at Bravo, though.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 12-03-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I just started watching Project Runway and this is my first exposure to this delightful man. What a calm, sensible presence he is. Does nothing ruffle him? He seems able to handle any type of personality, male/female, normal/eccentric with aplomb regardless of how they act or what they say. He is the perfect mentor for the ecclectic groups of people involved in fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2708772;
    I just started watching Project Runway and this is my first exposure to this delightful man. What a calm, sensible presence he is. Does nothing ruffle him? He seems able to handle any type of personality, male/female, normal/eccentric with aplomb regardless of how they act or what they say. He is the perfect mentor for the ecclectic groups of people involved in fashion.
    you said it!
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

And perfectly I might add
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Is Tim gay? Just wondering.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2719053;
    Is Tim gay? Just wondering.
    Yes, most definately is.

I wish he would get his teeth bleached.

"Lord knows I've made some bad decisions at 3AM!"

I for one would love to know the details!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2630141;
    It wouldn't be the same show with Tim and his magnificent phraseology!

Tim =

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12