+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Heidi Klum - Host & Judge

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Project Runway Season 8 - News & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4051961;
    She has an incredible figure for having given birth so often over the past few hours.
    Do any of the rest of you cringe when you re-read stupid things you've posted . . . like substituting the word "hours" when you mean to type "years"??

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4052162;
    Do any of the rest of you cringe when you re-read stupid things you've posted . . . like substituting the word "hours" when you mean to type "years"??

OMG i didn't even notice that!

She has an incredible figure for having given birth so often over the past few hours.
    Wow she is a busy lady isn't she?!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4052162;

My mind substituted "years" for "hours." I didn't notice the oops until you pointed it out. Been there, done that. Some of them have made them to print.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Heidi Klum - Host & Judge

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of seeing Heidi dress in these super short skirts? yes, Heidi, we get it, you have really long legs. Now, if you just figured out you arent 19 anymore.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am going to miss hearing Heidi say the name of the most recently auf'd contestant.

Ka-see-nooooo-va!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Re: Heidi Klum - Host & Judge - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3744968;
    It really pains me to say this because I love Heidi, but I lost a lot of respect for her after this season.

That's pretty much how I feel about this current season (what number are we on?) I used to love watching Heidi in past seasons, but for this one she seems to have turned really nasty. I'm so disappointed.

And I agree with the comments downthread about the shortness of her dresses. Again, I've been thinking that during this current season. :nono And BTW, I love the quote by Head!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4051961;
    Am I the only one who thinks Heidi needs to dress a little more appropriately for her age and status as a mom of 3 or 4? Every season, her skirts seem to be getting shorter and tighter. Even the person who was reviewing the runway for the Emmys commented that Heidi's hemline needed to be 3 or 4 inches longer.

She has an incredible figure for having given birth so often over the past few hours. However, to quote Edith Head, “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady.” Heidi's starting to look like a "lady . . . of the night."
    I have to agree with you. She looks great, but she'd look even better with her hemlines a few inches longer. Part of it is a matter of proportions. Shorter hemlines do nothing to make you look younger, or more sophisticated.

As much as I've loved Heidi over the years I think she and the other judges have let the show go to their heads. They come across as arrogant, smirky, nasty know-it-alls this year more than ever. It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4058839;
    I have to agree with you. She looks great, but she'd look even better with her hemlines a few inches longer. Part of it is a matter of proportions. Shorter hemlines do nothing to make you look younger, or more sophisticated.

As much as I've loved Heidi over the years I think she and the other judges have let the show go to their heads. They come across as arrogant, smirky, nasty know-it-alls this year more than ever. It makes me sad.
    You stated this soooo well!!! It really hit the mark for me. I wasn't sure why I was bothered by the judges this season but now I do. They have gotten fat heads over the years and come across very smug and superior. I mean, actually they are Superior to the designers but they shouldn't act like it. And Heidi, especially shouldn't act that way. She's come a long way from the first season in regards to fashion know-how but in no way can she compare to Michael or Nina's knowledge.

I also get the feeling this season that the guest judge comes across as some interloper. They seem so separate from the other judges, kind of like the new person who wants to get into the "In" group. JMHO

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I agree about Heidi and the short skirts.

On one of those fashion commentary shows after the Emmy's, they showed a clip of Heidi. One of the commenters said the dress was nice but that the proportions seemed off. The other commenter said the designer had made the dress longer but Heidi lopped off a few inches.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4058340;
    I am going to miss hearing Heidi say the name of the most recently auf'd contestant.
    Is Heidi leaving the show?

Regarding her level of nastiness, she really did get more aggressive the last season or two and it's continuing on through this season. I'm o.k. with harsh comments ... I get that this is TV first and foremost and the need to do/say things to build drama. However, Heidi's comments seem mean-spirited in a juveile, playground bully sort of way. In fact, I sense that she enjoys putting down the contestants. The movie "Mean Girls" comes to mind.

It's one thing to be critical, but it's completely another to be mean-spirited.

I feel that Heidi has crossed that line. Michael Kors follows suit; Nina not so much; and the guest judges have generally been dignified and constructive - certainly far more so than Heidi.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-22-2010 at 10:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast