+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Victorya - Season 4

FORT Fanatic

Re: Victorya - Season 4

The problem I had with Victorya was her attitude. She always came across as if she knew it all and acted like she didn't need the competition as she was already top designer worthy. In reality, she was difficult to work with and I felt as if she thought she was better than she actually was.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2769037;
    The problem I had with Victorya was her attitude. She always came across as if she knew it all and acted like she didn't need the competition as she was already top designer worthy. In reality, she was difficult to work with and I felt as if she thought she was better than she actually was.
    Really? She worked well with Kevin and Jillian in the team challenges, and despite her rather unsympathetic edit, most of the cast have had ultra nice things to say about her in their interviews. I think she was simply quiet and passive, which viewers often seem to misconstrue as passive-aggressive.

I don't think it was purely a bad edit. The way she messed with Chris' head over that pair of jeans on the ground in the denim challenge was all her. She even delighted in telling us that after she lied about the jeans being hers, it was all about her being competitive and getting what she wants.

She is complicated to be sure. She rudely steamrolled Ricky all through their team challenge, but then turned around on the runway and admitted that he was responsible for her dress not being a flat mess around the bust.

I think she was always thinking (I mean every minute) about how to win the game, period. If it meant being nice one moment, she was nice. If it meant walking all over someone, she did that. Her competitive drive seemed to blind her all the time. It probably made the experience a lot less enjoyable and/or fun for her than it could have been as well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

If it meant being nice one moment, she was nice. If it meant walking all over someone, she did that.
    That seems like a real stretch to me. Example, I doubt she had an ulterior motive to helping Steven finish his garment. She has nice moments and she has bad/bitchy moments, which to me sound like she’s a normal person rather than a complicated one. And if she was that competitive, I doubt she would have been so blasé towards both her wins and her losses. I didn't sense any Wendy Pepper-esque desperation in her actions.

As for her clothes, the only thing she made that I really liked was the white jacket + black shirt and trouser combo during the menswear challenge.

Haha I am soooooo glad she's gone. Madame Roboto (well, she and Jillian get that title) really bored me. People mention how all of Christian's things look the same, but so did Victorya's things. And the ONLY thing that made the avant garde look rock was the coat... which Victorya didn't do. So, all I can say is... woot.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I too am glad she is gone.

Victorya showed her Na-Be collection at Fashion Week yesterday (Friday). You can see the pics at Gettyimages.com, using her name as the search keyword.

Personally, I wasn't impressed. It's all ultrabasic shapes, mostly black and white with a few garishly colorful outfits mixed in. I found it to be too 80s in style, with a couple of Annie Hall vests thrown in. Your mileage may vary.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2779933;
    Victorya showed her Na-Be collection at Fashion Week yesterday (Friday). You can see the pics at Gettyimages.com, using her name as the search keyword.

Personally, I wasn't impressed. It's all ultrabasic shapes, mostly black and white with a few garishly colorful outfits mixed in. I found it to be too 80s in style, with a couple of Annie Hall vests thrown in. Your mileage may vary.
    ITA I saw the pics her outfits were so so I also noticed Christian, Eliza, Jay from Season 1 and Jack at her show as well. But seriously if this is the stuff she would have shown at Bryant Park I am glad she didn't make it.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

It was all very drab and mediocre. But at least we didn't see any short bubble dresses here.

Her collection was great and wearable, but a little TOO wearable. As it is though, all the pieces would sell very well and they're better than what should put out on the show. It's not always about creating things that nobody else does, but taking those things and making them your own with construction and fit. She did that very well. I think she has a long career in fashion.

+ Reply to Thread