+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey TunaFests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,858

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by wagegoth;2748906;
    I definitely would have chosen Sweet P's dress over Victorya's. I am so sick of hearing about how "modern" Victorya's dresses look from Nina. I am so sick of Nina. Victorya's dresses all have the same general shape and length. Boring. Boring. Boring.
    Even if her dresses do look the same Victorya's was the best choice for that challenge IMO. Her's looked like a prom dress while Sweet P took it in a more red carpet direction...

  2. #32
    anya/katarzyna f2. fragrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    queens, ny.
    Posts
    61

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    sweet p is so cute, i love her! :]

  3. #33
    Albino MexMix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    142

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    I loved her ready to wear look that she created last night. She's really starting to be a competitor.

  4. #34
    Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    287

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2756020;
    Even if her dresses do look the same Victorya's was the best choice for that challenge IMO. Her's looked like a prom dress while Sweet P took it in a more red carpet direction...
    I disagree...I thought Victorya's looked like a babydoll dress you'd wear to a not-so-formal dance, whereas Sweet P's (and Chris's) both had the maturity all juniors and seniors are looking for to wear to prom. When I went to my prom I didn't want a short dress with plastic looking rhinestones, I wanted something that made me feel glamorous and grown up.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

    Avatar by charlieboy

  5. #35
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,470

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by StarrieEyedKat;2766481;
    I disagree...I thought Victorya's looked like a babydoll dress you'd wear to a not-so-formal dance, whereas Sweet P's (and Chris's) both had the maturity all juniors and seniors are looking for to wear to prom. When I went to my prom I didn't want a short dress with plastic looking rhinestones, I wanted something that made me feel glamorous and grown up.
    I agree with your disagree. Have proms changed so much in the last 10-20 years that semi-formal or even party-casual dress is accepted? The guys still have to wear tuxes, so I don't know why the girls would get a pass on formal wear.

    I think Victorya's dress was too informal, but worse I think it was too young. I could see that dress on a 12 year old, not a 17-18 year old. The point of prom is getting all dolled up, it's supposed to be a major fashion high point for a girl. A rainbow pile of glass beads under the neck doesn't project that for me. They weren't even arranged in an interesting pattern, It just looked cheap to me.

    Sweet P's and Chris' gowns may have been too iconic, but at least they were aiming for the right target.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-23-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  6. #36
    Albino MexMix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    142

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    i loved the dress she made for the jeans challenge. i thought she would leave really early, but she has made some beautiful stuff. i don't think she'll make it to bryant park, but i think ricky should go before her.
    Australia's Next Top Model 2008 all summer long!

  7. #37
    FORT Fan tictac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by wagegoth;2748906;
    I am so sick of Nina. .

    Ditto. Nina has said some really shallow things. I forget who she was criticizing once but she said the problem was taste, the disigner didn't have any. What kind of critique is that? I also see her trash things that are done by successful designers who get a lot of applause. She is too obvious about the way she forces her criticism to fit the plan of eliminating certain people that are scheduled to to go! Nina is giving it up, and destroying the illusion that this is really a contest.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Bluefly - Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes & Accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at Discount Prices sells some of her clothes. She is pretty successful right now. She needs the recognition this show will give her to make the next level. Whether she goes to Bryant Park or not she has already been on long enough for her name to be known.

  9. #39
    Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,391

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2771649;
    Bluefly - Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes & Accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at Discount Prices sells some of her clothes. She is pretty successful right now. She needs the recognition this show will give her to make the next level. Whether she goes to Bryant Park or not she has already been on long enough for her name to be known.
    Is the Sweet Pea on Bluefly the Sweet P from the show? I ask because she mentioned this past show that her husband has pretty much been supporting her. Okay...even if she is selling clothes on a mass basis, I could see where overhead could outstrip income. I checked out Sweet Pea's first page and read the word MESH as a description of every outfit...is that mesh cloth like I think it is? I really like Sweet P, and I hope she goes far, but the blouses I saw on the first page looked bargain sale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Sweet P (Kathleen) - Season 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2771669;
    Is the Sweet Pea on Bluefly the Sweet P from the show? I ask because she mentioned this past show that her husband has pretty much been supporting her. Okay...even if she is selling clothes on a mass basis, I could see where overhead could outstrip income. I checked out Sweet Pea's first page and read the word MESH as a description of every outfit...is that mesh cloth like I think it is? I really like Sweet P, and I hope she goes far, but the blouses I saw on the first page looked bargain sale.
    I assumed and I am wrong. That design lable is Sweet Pea, not Sweet P. She will have to think of a new name if she continues in the business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.