Thread: Simone - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Simone - Season 4

Simone

HOMETOWN: San Francisco, CA
    EDUCATION: Parsons School of Design, Paris
    FAVORITE DESIGNERS: Dries Van Noten
    FASHION MUST: Organic wool and cashmere

Originally from Northern California and currently living in Los Angeles, Simone, 32, has been making clothing since she was a child. Raised in an environment of creativity where artists, designers and musicians were an integral part of daily life, she was encouraged to experiment with every type of material that she could get her hands on. Simone quickly developed an obsession with fabric, form and its natural connection to the body.

While studying at CCA in San Francisco, Simone delved into sculptural and artisanal techniques, gaining appreciation for the historical and the handcrafted traditions of eras gone by. Simone's love for fashion and history led her to Paris, where she studied at Parsons and assisted a young and accomplished couturier. She says Paris offered a perfect experience for her with dedicated craftsmanship, high-minded fashion and many historical treasures to be discovered.

When Simone returned to the U.S., she began a career of freelance design, personal styling and creating one-of-a-kind pieces for a select clientele. In 2006, this path led her to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, where she was commissioned to create a custom collection, as well as explore traditional craft and production techniques throughout the region.

Simone currently resides in Los Angeles and is designing custom pieces, as well as TS BLOOM, her collection of women's wear using organic and surplus fabrics.

Official Site

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Re: Simone - Season 4

Ok....a big EW on that picture. Who the hell told her those gloves were cute...not to mention the rest of the outfit...
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrieEyedKat;2647171;
    Ok....a big EW on that picture. Who the hell told her those gloves were cute...not to mention the rest of the outfit...
    i like it

To each his/her own! I might like it on someone else but she just doesn't sell it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrieEyedKat;2647574;
    To each his/her own! I might like it on someone else but she just doesn't sell it to me.
    no that's so true, i had to picture it on someone else before i said that lol.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It's the belt cinched around her middle that bothers me more than the gloves that look two sizes too small. At first glance, I though her shirt was ripped and I was seeing the top part of her high-waisted skirt through the torn area.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Has anyone else noticed on the extended commercials for this season, where they show all the designers and their names, Simone isn't included? Am I missing something?

That dress looked horrid. It really was something plain and for it to be so unfinished.. I thought it was gonna be her to go home...
    God Bless!

she did go home. and deservingly.
    i'm glad elisa stayed! i see a whole lot of potential in her creativity!
    i keep bleeding love.

liked the color combo as heidi did, pretty girl-- would have liked to seen what she could do instead of some of the others that remain.but the judges, imo, made the right decision...

+ Reply to Thread