+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ricky - Season 4

Mollie Megg Kata Lauren charlieboy's Avatar

Re: Ricky - Season 4

Heidi: "This is the Ricky we've been looking for." (or something to that effect.)

I don't like how they've kept him around for so long.

It is scary because they kept Wendy Pepper around so long and in the final runway challange she flippin won so she had to be in the final 3...Please do not make this mistake again! Do not make Ricky into another Wendy Pepper!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;2772798;
    It is scary because they kept Wendy Pepper around so long and in the final runway challange she flippin won so she had to be in the final 3...Please do not make this mistake again! Do not make Ricky into another Wendy Pepper!!!!
    I always thought that this is how Sweet P might end up in the final 3, except with her it would be a good thing. I don't know if I'd like to see Ricky get in this way though. He'd make a pretty babydoll collection that would be runner-up to whoever won.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I've felt a little sorry for Ricky most of this season but he just hasn't delivered like some of the others. I came on this thread just to see if you guys were talking about his hats! They're like engineer hats! I agree with the one theory that he's balding BUT I'd rather be bald than wear a MESH Choo-choo hat. I wouldn't mind him wearing hats, just not such ugly ones.

ANYTHING would be better than those hats.....a bandana, a turban, a head-wound bandage.....he's a likeable enough person but he overstayed his welcome.

FORT Fogey

It's a good thing he didn't have immunity, otherwise, Sweet P would have been out.

Yes he is gone! I do not like him from the beginning!

Ricky has been my underdog favorite. Like Vincent last season, he was lucky to stay in as long as he did (based on performance in the challenges) but both probably stuck around a little longer b/c of their personalities.

I also really appreciate the fact that both Ricky and Vincent took chances in the sense that they are older than the average reality show contestant (Ricky is in his mid 30s while Vincent was in his mid 40s, I think). I mean the cutoff for American Idol was only recently raised to 30, right? What does that say to people in their 30s and 40s who are still going after their dreams?

I remember Vincent saying he liquidated his 401(k) to do the show and I just think it so brave and cool. Ricky is comparatively younger but once you hit your mid-30s I think that a sort of inevitability sets in that maybe this is what you'll be and I think anyone who bucks that idea is great. I mean, if 40 is the new 30--and 50 the new 40--people should continue to reinvent themselves during those decades.

I'm so glad the talent that got Ricky to the show really revealed itself in the denim challenge and that, not only did he win, but his dress was sold by them as well. From what I heard, it sold out in minutes. So best of luck to Ricky and may this experience bring him many new opportunities.
    Last edited by chrisg; 02-10-2008 at 11:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;2789811;
    Ricky has been my underdog favorite. Like Vincent last season, he was lucky to stay in as long as he did (based on performance in the challenges) but both probably stuck around a little longer b/c of their personalities.

I also really appreciate the fact that both Ricky and Vincent took chances in the sense that they are older than the average reality show contestant (Ricky is in his mid 30s while Vincent was in his mid 40s, I think). I mean the cutoff for American Idol was only recently raised to 30, right? What does that say to people in their 30s and 40s who are still going after their dreams?

I remember Vincent saying he liquidated his 401(k) to do the show and I just think it so brave and cool. Ricky is comparatively younger but once you hit your mid-30s I think that a sort of inevitability sets in that maybe this is what you'll be and I think anyone who bucks that idea is great. I mean, if 40 is the new 30--and 50 the new 40--people should continue to reinvent themselves during those decades.

I'm so glad the talent that got Ricky to the show really revealed itself in the denim challenge and that, not only did he win, but his dress was sold by them as well. From what I heard, it sold out in minutes. So best of luck to Ricky and may this experience bring him many new opportunities.
    I thought that he won because his dress was the easiest to do. And to quote Christian, "his dress had ruffles at the hem!" I think his talent is in making clothes, not designing them. The taste level is just not there (case in point, the tacky avant garde translation dress).
    Last edited by watts; 02-11-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2789952;
    I thought that he won because his dress was the easiest to do. And to quote Christian, "his dress had ruffles at the hem!" I think his talent is in making clothes, not designing them. The taste level is just not there (case in point, the tacky avant garde translation dress).
    I think for sure he has the talent, I just don't think he was the type of designer who could operate under the restraints of the show.

Plus, as we saw his talent was NOT in making the clothes, he had problems with construction time and time again. His pieces would have been more than decent if he finished them well, like his design in the group challenge. And I'm not sure but I don't think it was Ricky's design, or at least all his design, for the avant garde challenge. Nina got on him for the construction again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast