+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rami - Season 4

FORT Newbie

Re: Rami - Season 4

His last candy dress, was amazing!!
    He deserves the Top 3!

He's soooo talented! And in addition, the man just oozes hotness! Gay/Straight... doesn't matter! He's sexy all around!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KisaKat;2746394;
    .....the man just oozes hotness! Gay/Straight... doesn't matter! He's sexy all around!

Totally agree!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I LOVED his candy dress, the detail was incredible! the model was perfect too, so dainty and cute. I've really loved all his creations so far
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

He has great taste and designs very well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

As long as he doesn't do draping for a while, i think he's definately going to be in the final 3.
    Australia's Next Top Model 2008 all summer long!

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

He's starting to act a little too pompous for my taste, which takes away all his attractiveness...
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

FORT Fogey

Every designer has a style. Betsy Johnson has a very narrow focus. I am not sure why the judges are so adamant about this. It is like asking an artist to do landscapes when their ability lies in abstract. Why not appreciate how they interpret their own style into each challenge?

They commented how they did not know what Kit's style was. Seems a contradiction to me. If they knew her style they would be asking her to step out of it.

It probably doesn't matter because Uli got to Bryant Park and she struggled with the same critique week after week. They know Rami is good and they are not going to eliminate him.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2766487;
    Every designer has a style. Betsy Johnson has a very narrow focus. I am not sure why the judges are so adamant about this. It is like asking an artist to do landscapes when their ability lies in abstract. Why not appreciate how they interpret their own style into each challenge?

They commented how they did not know what Kit's style was. Seems a contradiction to me. If they knew her style they would be asking her to step out of it.

It probably doesn't matter because Uli got to Bryant Park and she struggled with the same critique week after week. They know Rami is good and they are not going to eliminate him.
    I think part of the idea of the show is to challenge the designers enough so that the judges are sure they are crowning someone who is well-rounded, and who is familiar enough with the spectrum of styles to be an interpreter as opposed to a copier. Also someone whose style is informed, rather than someone who is just afraid to step outside of their own tiny box.

Rami is educated and well-versed, but in the avant garde challenge he showed his weakness by not embracing the scope of the challenge. He forced his toga-draping ideas on a hairstyle that didn't really cry out for them, for lack of any better ideas (which Sweet P might have had, but he flatly rejected). I think that was a red flag for the judges.

Kit just failed to make any kind of impression. She was in the middle every time so she never got to speak about her aesthetic or her vision. That may be a fault of the structure of the show, but you can't be in the middle the whole time and still expect to be appreciated as much as others who make a bigger impression, whether good or bad. Just my random thoughts when I should be working...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I am gonna analyze his past performance
    (sorry if I am harsh)

Week 1: Originally, when he was showing it to Tim I was like.. but then it was on the runway and it looked like she was in highschool wearing a sheet and going to a toga party!!

Week 2: It's just sooooo BLAH..you know? Like it's cute i'll give it that but thats just about it...BLAND!

Week 3: The jacket is reallllly beautiful and the pants are AMAZING looking on that hot model ooh its just sooo cool

Week 4: I wish I owned this dress it is verrrry well made and realllllly cute! I love the linings it just turns a NICE dress into an AMAZING dress ahhh sorry

Week 5: this dress was very underrated. The bodice of the dress is absolutley stunning and the skirt is just adorable!

Week 6: THIS DRESS IS TERRIBLE!! Just kidding! lol! ahhh how cute was this?? How much do you love it?? I doubt that there is anyone in the world who hates this dresss.

Week 7: This dress is very well made and although I think the dress is very old, if it wasn't for a highschool prom it would be great but it was for a highschool prom so..

Week 8: I was so dissapointed in the avaunt garde design..it was GROSS but I was head over heels over the classic look.

Week 9: Oh god! This was Jeffery Sebelia done WRONG WRONG WRONG god it was soo terrible and I don't know why the judges raved so much about it but w/e

Overall: 6.4/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast