+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rami - Season 4

Re: Rami - Season 4

His dress was nice, but it wasn't particularly exciting or innovative.. all he did was just a well-draped toga with a big ass rosette on it. I think Chris, Christian, Victorya, & Jack were all more deserving of a win. He is goooooorrrrrrrrgeous though. DAMN.

The dress was very pretty- but maybe im partial to it b.c. its totally my style.. Sans the flower tho!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2669486;

The rosette on the dress brought back memories of Angela I hoped would never resurface.
    LMAO so true!! I actually have a shirt that look similar to the dress.. I def think he is one of the front runners... I almost wanna say Christian should have beat him..

His model= what??? Beautiful girl but its like they always throw in one that is built bigger than the rest.. (remember the girl in Alison's paper dress that got her eliminated last season)
    Maybe they do that to throw a wrench in their plans- to see if the designers can hold up against the "norm"

Anyway yeah- Romi is one of my faves.
    God Bless!

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Ugh, the version of his dress that they have on Bluefly.com is HORRIBLE! The draping is what made his dress, and they just have a sack with one shoulder.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corcovado;2674336;
    His dress was nice, but it wasn't particularly exciting or innovative.. all he did was just a well-draped toga with a big ass rosette on it. I think Chris, Christian, Victorya, & Jack were all more deserving of a win. He is goooooorrrrrrrrgeous though. DAMN.
    The more I see it, the more I agree with this. As I was watching the ep, I said out loud during the runway talks, "Simone is definitely out and Christian won." I was really surprised that the toga won in the end...it seems like an "Emporer's New Clothes" kind of win, like the judges saw something that may not have really been there.

I wonder if the judges didn't want to give Christian the win to keep him humble...after all, Santino won his first challenge too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

i think he's my new favorite.
    i keep bleeding love.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2674933;
    The more I see it, the more I agree with this. As I was watching the ep, I said out loud during the runway talks, "Simone is definitely out and Christian won." I was really surprised that the toga won in the end...it seems like an "Emporer's New Clothes" kind of win, like the judges saw something that may not have really been there.
    I think the fabric didn't translate well to TV -- IIRC, both Kors and Monique (the guest judge whose last name I'm not going to attempt to spell) commented about the fabric. And I think they made allowances for the fact that he didn't know who his model was so didn't realize that the dress wouldn't be flattering to her.

Also, the challenge really wasn't so much about being innovative as it was about expressing who you are as a designer. The judges commented that they got a good sense of who Rami was with this dress. I think Christian and, to a lesser extent, Victorya also did this. Simone and Ricky were pretty bland -- hence, didn't say much about themselves as designers.

Love Rami! He is hot and I liked his dress. Im satisfied with him winning, its only the first episode.

Based on his elegant and sophisicated draping skills, I can tell his style...and I like it.

Wasn't Rami on the Tyra Banks show as one of the best upcoming fashion designers? I love him.
    antm10.ANYA.FATIMA.katarzyna

I'm rootinjg for Rami. I loved his dress, loved the flower, the knockoff on the website just couldn't be the same dress, no way!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast