+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kevin - Season 4

Re: Kevin - Season 4

ITA. Normally, when someone protests too much, it's to cover something up. Hmmm, I wonder what he could be covering up???

dont think he is gay but do think he is not completely comfortable with gay men in general and that he has to make it known that he is not one so his "masculinity" is not compromised in any way *rolls eyes*

Maybe it's b/c he's in an industry where most of the men are gay, so he doesn't want people to assume that he is too. I don't think it's a big deal. And as we've seen on other reality shows, a lot of what they say in their one-on-ones is prompted.
    I do not believe he is at all homophobic. He couldn't work in this industry if he was.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

and what would be so bad about folks assuming he is gay?seems to me he does have a problem with that then, imo.so i disagree, i do think he is homophobic to some degree by that action (of constantly stating and making sure everyone knows that he's straight)
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

I noticed that he keeps saying he's "the only straight guy" of all the designers. I also noticed that Rami, when describing the male models' entrance during the Tiki fiasco, said that (paraphrasing) "the girls went crazy...and some of the guys too," as if he wanted to keep his own reaction a mystery.

Is Kevin doing some inadvertant outing of people who didn't want to be outed? Or is he just assuming things that aren't known yet? Hmm...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt;2698220;
    and what would be so bad about folks assuming he is gay?seems to me he does have a problem with that then, imo.so i disagree, i do think he is homophobic to some degree by that action (of constantly stating and making sure everyone knows that he's straight)
    I know that I personally don't want people assuming things about me. I don't think anyone appreciates it when people make assumptions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2698837;
    I know that I personally don't want people assuming things about me. I don't think anyone appreciates it when people make assumptions about them.
    well i certainly wouldnt have (and didnt) assumed a thing about him, least of all his sexual orientation, which isnt a major issue to me or even a concern of mine--guess (and sure looks like) he assumed much about what the viewers would think about him (or care about) though

anyway, if indeed that is what he is doing (trying to set the record straight on his sexual preference--which sure seems that way to me) why should he be bothered by people assuming he is gay in the first place?
    Last edited by LucyVanPelt; 11-30-2007 at 08:53 AM.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt;2699292;
    well i certainly wouldnt have (and didnt) assumed a thing about him, least of all his sexual orientation, which isnt a major issue to me or even a concern of mine--guess (and sure looks like) he assumed much about what the viewers would think about him (or care about) though

anyway, if indeed that is what he is doing (trying to set the record straight on his sexual preference--which sure seems that way to me) why should he be bothered by people assuming he is gay in the first place?
    Maybe in the past people assumed he was,& he had to correct them, so he doesn't want it happening on TV, where he would not have a chance to set them "straight" (yes, bad pun). And I think most straight men would be at least a little bothered by people thinking they are gay. It doesn't make them a homophobe, IMO.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

I agree with holly71, there's nothing wrong with wanting people to know you're a straight man in a "gay man's world."
    Just like in ANTM, Kim was always saying how she wanted to be known as a "proud lesbian woman" or whatever. Some people feel their sexual orientation is part of what makes them unique, whatever way they swing.
    He's not said anything negative about gay men, and he's comfortable being in his skivvies around them, so no homophobia has been shown.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar

I just wanna hear him yell out, just once: "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!"

You know it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast