Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jillian - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jillian - Season 4

Jillian

HOMETOWN: Long Island, NY
    EDUCATION: Parsons School of Design
    FAVORITE DESIGNERS: Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balanciaga and Azzedine Alaia
    FASHION MUST: A sweater dress (ideally with pockets hidden in the side seams) worn with opaque colored tights

Jillian, 26, was born and raised in the small town Selden in Long Island, NY. In 2003, she graduated from Parsons School of Design to pursue her fashion dream. While there, she was honored with the CFDA scholarship award and selected to design the Perrier girl uniform, which was featured as "Parsons Design Star" on the MTV college network.

Jillian is currently working on her own label while consulting for several companies as a designer. Having worked as a concept designer and illustrator at Rugby by Ralph Lauren and as a designer at Searle, Jillian learned the skills of the fashion trade. At Searle, she experienced "the old-fashioned way of tailoring," and at Rugby she became "an expert at conceptualizing a full and balanced collection." Although her experiences have made her a very well-rounded designer, Jillian credits her own talent and personal taste level that sets her apart from the rest.

Art stimulates Jillian's creativity, as she's often inspired by the illustrations of Ruben Toledo and Patrick Nagel, the architecture of Antoni Gaudi and Santiago Calatrava, and the art of Egon Schiele. Other sources of inspiration include military uniforms, armor, ballet and the idea of incorporating technology into clothing. Ultimately, Jillian's designs are her visual poetry of the things she loves and a reflection of the world around her. Not satisfied with being just another name on the tag of another dress, it's her ambition to be revolutionary, fashion forward and to one day create a fashion empire of her own.

Official Site

Re: Jillian - Season 4

i think she's going to be a perfectionist, paying attention to detail.
    i keep bleeding love.

Based on her dress, she's going to be another one of my faves!

from the preview, she may be the mega bitch of hte season. or at least edited to be that way

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2642571;
    from the preview, she may be the mega bitch of hte season. or at least edited to be that way

With quotes like this. . . . . . .

"Although her experiences have made her a very well-rounded designer, Jillian credits her own talent and personal taste level that sets her apart from the rest."

. . . . . . . . you may be right either way.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2642667;

"Although her experiences have made her a very well-rounded designer, Jillian credits her own talent and personal taste level that sets her apart from the rest."

and the "i'm going to take over the world" or whatever the hell she was saying. lol

FORT Newbie

She's my fave of the season! I hope she makes it far!

I loved her dress! Team Jillian =)
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2642667;

Ewww I dont like her or her style.. I wanted to rip those stupid sunglasses off her head when i was watching the show.. The fact she worked for ralph lauren makes sense .. she seems like one of those preppy snobs.. who likes stiff fabrics..
    God Bless!

FORT Regular

She seems "New York normal" to me, so I'm going to enjoy watching her this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast