+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jack - Season 4

Re: Jack - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by wagegoth;2721319;
    He said he's HIV positive, that he doesn't have AIDS. There's a big difference. He could go on forever and never develop AIDS, if he's careful and stays on his meds. That would mean far fewer general health issues and medications.

I hope he's invited back next season.
    The distinction between HIV and AIDS is not that simple (a person can have AIDS but be much healthier than someone with just HIV), but yeah I hope he tries again next season so we can see what he can do. They let Daniel Franco come back and do the very same thing so I don't see why they wouldn't with Jack, and he had a long list of credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2723024;
    The distinction between HIV and AIDS is not that simple (a person can have AIDS but be much healthier than someone with just HIV), but yeah I hope he tries again next season so we can see what he can do. They let Daniel Franco come back and do the very same thing so I don't see why they wouldn't with Jack, and he had a long list of credentials.
    wagegoth was right with the statement that "He said he's HIV positive, that he doesn't have AIDS. There's a big difference. He could go on forever and never develop AIDS, if he's careful and stays on his meds." Having HIV, and thus being HIV+ do not automatically make one person have AIDS. The virus can stay in the body for years (even 10-15 years), and then the patient may develop AIDS later on. If the patient takes antiretroviral drugs during this time, disease progression may go slowly. The distinction between HIV and AIDS is that the former is a virus, and the latter is a disease. We have enormous amounts of data and research about how the virus develops into the disease, and it's as simple as this: HIV may take years (or forever) to progress into AIDS, especially if the patient is taking medications.

You are right that "a person can have AIDS but be much healthier than someone with just HIV", but this is only under certain circumstances, and the patients' life style (diet, excercise, stress, smoking, alcohol consumption, medications, etc, which would normally affect how the immune system works) may affect the outcome, and their level of health. Nevertheless, this is true with every disease, each patient may react differently to the same disease. But that doesn't necessarily change what we generally know about the disease.

Regarding Jack leaving the show, I was sad to see him go. He is a good designer, and I would have liked to see more of him. I hope he can come back next season, and manages to stay.

This is total speculation so no **spoiler** alert needed.....

I think Jack may be back this season. They let both Vincent & Angela come back last season after being eliminated from the competition. I think the producers could make an exception for someone with a medical emergency. So maybe we will see Jack again soon.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

On the one hand, he has said in interviews that he was in the hospital for 5 days after leaving the show, so that's at least 2 challenges he would have missed. It would be hard to add him in later on and still be fair to the other designers who remained.

On the other hand, he's been talking about things he's doing now that he "can't talk about" that are related to the show, so who knows what surprises lay ahead.

I just hope the competition remains fair and untainted in the process. The thing that sets PR apart from normal reality TV is its intergrity. After looking the other way last week when Jillian sent her "skinny" garment on the runway without having used any of the woman's old clothes, this season is already getting wobbly in that area...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Here's a link to a TV Guide interview. Apparently, Jack is dating Dale from TC!

Jack Mackenroth Explains His Voluntary Project Runway Departure - Celebrity and Entertainment News | TVGuide.com
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

too bad he left, but he was good eyecandy out there. there has not been good eyecandy on project runway since Robert Plotkin in Season 1.
    Birds of the same feather make one helluve featherduster

i thought he was really talented and was disappointed that he had to go. i don't think he should get to come back this season, but i would love to see him on season 5!
    Australia's Next Top Model 2008 all summer long!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234