+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elisa - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Elisa - Season 4

Elisa

HOMETOWN: El Paso, TX
    EDUCATION: Master of Fine Arts in Combined Media with an emphasis on sculpture, performance and installation from the University of Arizona, Tucson
    FAVORITE DESIGNERS: Erte, Jean Cocteau, Madame Gris, Zaldy, Norma Kamali
    FASHION MUST: A great pair of boots

An interdisciplinary artist, Elisa, 42, recently moved to back to the desert of Santa Fe, New Mexico after 13 years of thriving in New York City. She built the foundation of her work around "The Hunger World," a pseudo-fictitious world of marionettes brought to life and mythos through writing, drawing, painting, performance, installation, and fashion. However, fashion has been her predominant "accidental" career income and reputation.

Elisa's education began with being the child of two highly respected artists, sculptor Luis Jimenez, and long time head designer for Fitz & Floyd, Vicky C. Balcou. In 1983, she graduated from the Arts Magnet High School of Visual and Performing Arts in Dallas as the Nat Foundation for The Arts most promising artist. She received a Fine Arts degree from the University of Texas at Austin, with a minor in anthropology before receiving a Master of Fine Arts with a minor in classics from the University of Arizona.

Vogue discovered Elisa and acknowledged her as the forefront of the new avant-garde, as well as one of the top 10 American Designers in the independent realm. Additionally, she has appeared in the pages of "Harper's Bazaar," "Elle," "Dutch," "Black Book," "Paper Mag," "Jane" and "Trace." Her celebrity work includes Melissa Auf Der Mar, Cher's "Believe" album, Jennifer Connelly's character in "Requiem for A Dream," Marisa Tomei, Courtney Love, Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex in the City," Pink, Cameron Diaz, and famed art photographer Cindy Sherman. She was invited to be in the Barabacan's exhibit and book, "Rapture: Art and Fashion since the 1970's," curated by Chris Townsend of London and was represented by Holly Solomon, influential art dealer, in the last seven years of her life.

Currently, Elisa is proudly continuing her life, fashion and art with her partner and daughter in her new home in New Mexico.

Official Site

Re: Elisa - Season 4

Oooh...I live in SFe, too...I'll have to keep an eye out for her!

This lady is a hot mess lol. But without that fabric boo as Heidi calls it, it was a gawgous dress.

Judging from the first episode, she is a combination of season 3's Vincent and Angela. If someone else does worse than her every week, she may stay in the competition longer than she should...

Her design is actually luxury.It reminds me of the new gaultier's spring line which was completely of indian influnce.She keep her design very traditional.And that's to the point luxury.Of course separating that unnecessary part of the dress.

yes but what is her obsession with the boots?? it's a fashion must for her, and i saw a picture from her portfolio where the model was in a strikingly similar dress to the one she made for the challenge with equally strange boots.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

She strikes me as a cross between Santino and Angela. I have to admit that besides that mass of fabric in the back, I was impressed with the dress she made (especially how she did it with one seam).

Vincent and Angela love child??? hummmmm, now that is interesting.

I like the color and the shape of the dress.
    Now the whole train thing needed to go! And I think it would have looked so much better with a pair of strappy heels than with those chunky boots....

I was a little shocked when she went and took a nap. I mean, Tim had just said something to her about unfinished seams, and when he asked her if the train thing worked before and she said not exactly, should that have given her a clue not to use it?

I finally got to watch the rerun last night. What was up with those goofy noises she was making when the judges were asking her about the dress? It's not like she made a weird noise once, but she did it several times. What was that all about?

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Erm....crazzzzzyyyyy!! (But in a loony "I'm-one-with-the-earth" kinda way.)
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast