+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elisa - Season 4

Re: Elisa - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2711927;
    I loved her "Outdated Trends" dress. I think it was one of the evening's best.
    I agree Jexter! I loved her dress too. She's actually fast becoming one of my favorites. Despite her quirkiness...or maybe because of it...I'm really liking her designs.

FORT Fan

It's just so smart that she said "I will always say myself" when asked who in her team should be eliminated. It's not the same as saying "I'm the worst sewer." She's calmly and politely refusing to play sadistic games.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2715821;
    It's just so smart that she said "I will always say myself" when asked who in her team should be eliminated. It's not the same as saying "I'm the worst sewer." She's calmly and politely refusing to play sadistic games.
    Unlike Sweet P who had to be told off by Heidi for not wanting to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2715821;
    I agree Weary, especially as she knew she was in no danger. Her dress was the only one in the group that got compliments, and from her group, it was clearly a toss-up between Ricky and Victorya as to who was at fault for their team. And you're right, she said it in a very classy way, not with false modesty or insecurity, but simply in a way that was refusing to lay the blame at anyone's feet. Sweet P, who was obviously in the same position as Elisa since the judges loved her dress, should have taken that lesson in grace under fire.

FORT Fogey

If you say you are the one to go, you will! Not a smart thing to say at all. She was lucky this time but had she been up against another they would have axed her.

Someone did this in a previous season and Kors was adamant about declaring yourself the loser. All judges agreed. The designer went. Sure she said she was the worst sewer before she said she should go but there are many designers who do not sew as well as you would think they should. Kors comment was something to the effect: If you don't fight for your right to be here then you don't belong here. If you think you should go then why would we keep you?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2716207;
    If you say you are the one to go, you will! Not a smart thing to say at all. She was lucky this time but had she been up against another they would have axed her.

Someone did this in a previous season and Kors was adamant about declaring yourself the loser. All judges agreed. The designer went. Sure she said she was the worst sewer before she said she should go but there are many designers who do not sew as well as you would think they should. Kors comment was something to the effect: If you don't fight for your right to be here then you don't belong here. If you think you should go then why would we keep you?
    That was Vanessa in S1, who stood on the runway and blithely claimed to be the worst sewer of the group. And they auf'd her for saying so.

But I love how Elisa turned that whole situation inside out, by stating that she will always say herself on principle (because of the ridiculousness of the question). At least I hope that was her intention as much as we're reading into it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

last nights design-- one word, BLAH.but glad she didnt get eliminated, i like her
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2716207;

I have to agree with MFWalkoff on this one Shoepie. They way she stated it, it didn't come across as if Elisa was disparaging her own talent and skills as a designer, and saying someone was better than her. It was rather that when put in a situation like she was, she would answer that way instead of throwing someone else under the bus (sorry!). It didn't come across at all like when they ask on ANTM "who has the most potential to be America's. Next. Top. Model?" All those girls know they'd better say themselves, or its bye-bye beauty!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2718552;
    I have to agree with MFWalkoff on this one Shoepie. They way she stated it, it didn't come across as if Elisa was disparaging her own talent and skills as a designer, and saying someone was better than her. It was rather that when put in a situation like she was, she would answer that way instead of throwing someone else under the bus (sorry!). It didn't come across at all like when they ask on ANTM "who has the most potential to be America's. Next. Top. Model?" All those girls know they'd better say themselves, or its bye-bye beauty!
    OH yes, I got that part. I understood her light hearted tone and commitment to never point a finger. My point is that she better be careful if she is ever on the chopping block and decided to use that line, no matter how playful. I think she would regret it. I doubt the judges would respond in a kindly way, even knowing her philosophy. They hate that approach. The are into taking a stand and fighting for yourself. That was my point.

MFWalkoff, thanks, I couldn't remember her name.

I think she really didn't take into account the woman's body type when designing the dress. She fumbled this week, but I expect to see her in the finals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast