+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elisa - Season 4

Re: Elisa - Season 4

Vogue discovered Elisa and acknowledged her as the forefront of the new avant-garde, as well as one of the top 10 American Designers in the independent realm. Additionally, she has appeared in the pages of "Harper's Bazaar," "Elle," "Dutch," "Black Book," "Paper Mag," "Jane" and "Trace." Her celebrity work includes Melissa Auf Der Mar, Cher's "Believe" album, Jennifer Connelly's character in "Requiem for A Dream," Marisa Tomei, Courtney Love, Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex in the City," Pink, Cameron Diaz, and famed art photographer Cindy Sherman. She was invited to be in the Barabacan's exhibit and book, "Rapture: Art and Fashion since the 1970's," curated by Chris Townsend of London and was represented by Holly Solomon, influential art dealer, in the last seven years of her life.
    Wow, this is quite a list of accomplishments, with the edit she's receiving as a crazy dreamer, spit marker, 'another planet' designer, I would never have guessed she's already had quite a successful career. It's interesting that she's done work for SJP already.

Seriously, after the 'pooing fabric' dress, you could have knocked me over with a feather with what she sent down the runway for the 'Bitten' challenge. It was really great! I hope she chooses another shade of fabric for the next challenge, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rejectioncity;2690124;
    For me, the shallowness of the edit is what makes her potentially boring if that is all we are shown week after week.
    Well when you put it that way I totally agree.

Her personality is too kooky for me. It's too early in the season to tell if I'll like her work overall. I hated the first one & liked the second one.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

I really like Elisa! I think she has talent(although I am admittedly not a fashion person) and she's intriguing. Rather her than the other faceless designers.

Im starting to really like her. I hated her first outfit but I loved her and her sound affects made us laugh and I loved her second outfit and I think it should have won.

I really do think her outfit should have won last week, I can't wait to see what she comes up with tonight....I think she will be one of my favs!

love elisa and love the boots!
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 11-30-2007 at 11:44 AM.

FORT Newbie

I did not know she had such an impressive list of accomplishments. She comes across as "spacey hippie chick with a good vocabulary". I wondered how much of that is an act. It just seems a little cliche to me and inconsistent with her accomplishments. Seems she may like to play the crazy artist. I actually like her designs. I may be the only one out there who liked the poo dress. If that train were shorter and better thought-out it could have been really cool. The boots also interfered w the fall of the dress.

Kay

me either, she has designed for the bass player of HOLE and even Cher!!personally, i dont think its an act-- both her parents are artists so she has probably been around creative types all her life which shaped her way of thinking much-- i would think

i got really annoyed by the comments that sweet p and heidi made about her.especially the ones by sweet p who is nothing but an unoriginal clone herself, imo.you can buy her look real easily at any mall these days, not hard to do...and true creativity/real artistry (which elisa has) is something that cannot be bought or emulated.

i really liked the dress, a lot--but also loved the boots she paired with it too.
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2692843;
    Her personality is too kooky for me. It's too early in the season to tell if I'll like her work overall. I hated the first one & liked the second one.
    Although on the second one, my complant was the dress was too short. This was suppose to be for a full clothing line, that fit all sizes, and not everyone can wear a dress that length....I think I would have liked to more if both the cape and the dress were a little longer, other than that, it was pretty good.

I will reserve judgement for another show or two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast