+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Christian - Season 4

I never really followed Jay's career so you know much more about him and his "horrible luck" in getting the collection going.

I do recall a part of season one when the writer who does PAGE 6 for the NY paper asked him if he could seriously involve himself in the business, for example having at a financial lunch meeting at the FOUR SEASONS. His reply was to the effect that maybe they could pull a high chair up for him.

So much for horrible luck or just the inability to be taken seriously

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3202164;
    I never really followed Jay's career so you know much more about him and his "horrible luck" in getting the collection going.

I do recall a part of season one when the writer who does PAGE 6 for the NY paper asked him if he could seriously involve himself in the business, for example having at a financial lunch meeting at the FOUR SEASONS. His reply was to the effect that maybe they could pull a high chair up for him.

So much for horrible luck or just the inability to be taken seriously
    That is just his self deprecating humor. I am confident anyone interviewing him has done their homework and gets him.

FORT Fogey

I recall an interview with Tim Gunn where he essentially says that a $100K is a drop in the bucket to get a line going. It really doesn't mean much of anything. Instead, winners/popular losers need to meet with financiers, etc. to truelly get going.

A successfull stint on Project Runway provides the visibility and excitement the financial backers are looking for.

He goes on to say that Jay and the won who lost to Chloe...Daniel??? both dropped the ball with this. Daniel because he thought he was above it, and Jay because he couldn't get his act together.

I am paraphrasing, but I believe I captured the essence of the interview correctly.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

There was an internship involved with Banana Republic the first year also, wasn't there? I remember that Jay turned down the internship in order to remain true to his aesthetic. Daniel V was offered a chance to work with Michael Kors, and as far as I know, he took it. I remember everyone commenting here that Daniel was a young designer who hadn't quite found himself yet and being able to work for Kors was manna from heaven. Christian, while also very young, already had his aesthetic and has been able to key himself into the right spots at the right time. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with Daniel's career, but I do hear about Christian now and then, and all of it good for his career.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3203365;
    There was an internship involved with Banana Republic the first year also, wasn't there? I remember that Jay turned down the internship in order to remain true to his aesthetic.
    True, and in doing so, he also had to turn down the $100,000 prize money. Which is what started the bumps in the road to getting his line launched.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I saw Christian on FASHION POLICE critiquing the award show. He fit in with Jay Manuel and Peter Perfect ( forgot his real last name)--- They all worked wonderfully together.

Kao

I also think that a good portion of Christian's success is not only due to his talent but also his ability to hustle his ass off. Rather than waiting for opportunities to come to him after his win last year, he was out there contacting people, making connections and selling himself. Sometimes, that can make all of the difference.

wow! Christian has come along way in such a short period of time...I was never a fan of his, but now my mind has changed...his clothes are very haute coutre and Avant Garde..he definitely belongs in Europe where the architecture and history suits the clothes very well...its sad that the other winners of PR haven't been this successful in their carees...season 1 i wanted Kara Swan to win, 2 I wanted anyone but Santino and Zulema...Season 3 uhhh!! Uli was robbed and Season 4, well i liked everyone but im glad the winner is Christian....hes the Alice Burdeu of PR lol!!! o0o0o when will Antm find their Alice and Kesinia...o0o! wait Antm find girls like Alice and Kesinia but end up screwing them over for lames.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

I'm so, so happy for Christian. I think he deserved it and he's definitely going somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the top in a very, very short time. I love his designs.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Fogey

Personality wise ( as well as design-wise), he has helped PR tremendously. He is out there on all kinds of programs. That is the kind of winner PR continues to need. The first three were really not fan favorite material..so Christian has helped bring the show to the forefront.

Too bad, they didn't learn their lesson with the final four here. Jerrell is the one who- for me-- could also shine in the public eye...and he appears to be the one thery are looking for a reason to kick off.

SO WHY was he not given a place in the finals LIKE YOU DID LAST YEAR.

Rules can change from year to year...That doesn't seem right

+ Reply to Thread