+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Christian - Season 4

Click to see Spoiler:
    His collection was very high fashion. He only used black and beige. I saw 2 black outfits that I thought was inspired by the RAW diva challenge. And the beige chiffon(?) dresses are so avant garde, cutting edge. He deserves a final 3 spot. It would be a shame if he's not. Anyway, I'm glad all 5 were able to show at Bryant Park.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2786346;
    That's why this has been my favorite season No unnecessary or pushed drama. I am watching it with a smile on my face, and I actually enjoy it very much this season. Everyone is funny (Chris and Christian are the funniest). It makes my day
    I know. People didn't join to gain notoriety by being shysty or to branch out into acting like in other reality shows because these people are really talented and joined to get a chance to showcase their craft (if not to get to show at BP).
    But still, the little dramas that happen are like icing. Like in the previews next week. Christian was laughing at Jillian because she has been ironing for 2(?) hours, and Jillian got snippy.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2788291;
    I know. People didn't join to gain notoriety by being shysty or to branch out into acting like in other reality shows because these people are really talented and joined to get a chance to showcase their craft (if not to get to show at BP).
    But still, the little dramas that happen are like icing. Like in the previews next week. Christian was laughing at Jillian because she has been ironing for 2(?) hours, and Jillian got snippy.
    Oh yes, that's totally fine! I think what I don't enjoy seeing is "Jeffrey treating Angela's mother horribly" kind of things. I cannot take that much drama. Other stuff like you mentioned is "salt and pepper" in life

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2788705;
    Oh yes, that's totally fine! I think what I don't enjoy seeing is "Jeffrey treating Angela's mother horribly" kind of things. I cannot take that much drama. Other stuff like you mentioned is "salt and pepper" in life
    That is one terrible dude. It's one thing to treat Angela badly but her mother who was supposed to be his client? He has no class at all. Christian had a disagreement with his prom client but he was civil to her. Uli should have won and the classless twit should have been booted off the 1st episode.

FORT Newbie

I think Christian is arrogant, but has a right to be. His designs are brilliant and quality made, and he sews so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2788871;
    That is one terrible dude. It's one thing to treat Angela badly but her mother who was supposed to be his client? He has no class at all. Christian had a disagreement with his prom client but he was civil to her. Uli should have won and the classless twit should have been booted off the 1st episode.
    I agree that Jeffrey is no Christian--in more ways than one. In Christian I see the edgy Westwood/McQueen-like talent that I think the judges imagined with Jeffrey. Jeffrey was an imitator while I think Christian is the real deal.

Christian also tailors and fits garments beautifully--a talent Jeffrey sorely lacked. This inability, as many will remember, led to the suspicion that he outsourced some of that work for his Bryant Park show. And when Laura called him out on it he was, of course, exonerated b/c the judges wanted him to win from very early on--even bending the rules to have four show at Bryant Park when his last challenge effort was more hideous than usual and he should have obviously been eliminated.

After Chloe won I think both Michael and Nina took some heat from fashionistas who were shocked that someone with such a 'retail' sensibility would win a runway competition. As a result, neither Uli nor Laura ever had a chance despite their obvious superior talent as designers and tailors, IMO.
    (and Michael who admittedly had a meltdown at Bryant Park).

With Christian, however, I see the talent. I have felt from week one--or maybe two--that he would win for the same reasons Jeffrey did but I am not nearly as upset. I guess it's the best of both worlds. Edge and talent.

As far as Christian's personality goes, he is pretty two-faced and a diva but, again, nothing compared to Jeffrey. His narcissism has kind of grown on me like Santino's did. Jeffrey though = a Major A**hole through and through, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;2789764;

After Chloe won I think both Michael and Nina took some heat from fashionistas who were shocked that someone with such a 'retail' sensibility would win a runway competition. As a result, neither Uli nor Laura ever had a chance despite their obvious superior talent as designers and tailors, IMO.
    (and Michael who admittedly had a meltdown at Bryant Park).
    Wow I think totally opposite of this. I think Chloe was the right designer if they wanted fashion forward, but the fact that she didn't even want to go to New York, but wanted to stay where she was was what they got heat for. I think the fact that she was already retailing her pieces was a PLUS.

To add, I think Jeff won exactly because he already had a line out that was retailing. They wanted someone who could easily start selling pieces. That's why he won with inferior design capabilities (imo). He didn't just have a boutique store like Chloe, he had a line with some mild publicity and a definite market.

After the show, Tim has said that he and Laura have been trying to get Uli to start letting other people help her make her designs, because she's too afraid they'll lose integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2789864;
    Wow I think totally opposite of this. I think Chloe was the right designer if they wanted fashion forward, but the fact that she didn't even want to go to New York, but wanted to stay where she was was what they got heat for. I think the fact that she was already retailing her pieces was a PLUS.
    Chloe is selling her line to soccer moms (Posh excluded, I'm sure) on QVC. Fashion forward? Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Retail and Editorial are two very different things in the fashion world. Michael Kors sells a retail line of his own but wants editorial cred. with his friends. Nina creates the editorial photo shoots for Elle--not the retail ads (for Bloomies and Macy's) in Elle. Retail = Macy's, Bloomies and (on the very low end) QVC. Editorial is couture = Fashion Forward, Edgy and often not so wearable.
    Last edited by chrisg; 02-11-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Here's what bugged me about Chloe:

When Tim visited her a month before Fashion Week, she had nothing but fabric choices and one dress template done. Then by Fashion Week, she had a whole collection that looked (for the most part) well-tailored, if a little basic and narrow in range.

Later on, I watched the DVD of S2 and saw a bit of her audition video, and lo and behold, what is behind her but a print dress with a silk cummerbund, which was the basis for two-thirds of her Fashion Week collection.

She didn't "design" much other than the tailored silk dresses and final gown. For the rest, she basically cranked out what she was already cranking out for her store. I don't call that fashion-forward, OR the mark of a great designer.

She was the safe choice in a shaky year. There was too much audience hatred for Santino (at the time), and Daniel (as much as I love him and want his children) was clearly too young for the crown.

I don't see Chloe as someone PR should point to and beam with pride. At least Jay is trying to break out in the big leagues, and Jeffrey already has cache with celebrities. Watching the Grammys tonight, I heard one top 40 band's lead singer mention on the red carpet that his outfit was Cosa Nostra. But Chloe? She took the money and went home.

I guess they should give it to Christian if only because he won't fail to deliver on lending PR the kind of exposure they've been expecting for 3 years and not getting...a larger-than-life winner who actually wants a career, and who doesn't scare little kids, and whose life is basically together.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I was never onboard with the Chloe win. I thought Daniel was the clear winner. They knew that Chloe wasn't an up and comer and probably would take her money and go home, which further boggles the mind at their choice. Honestly, If Christian wins, I won't be disappointed. However it goes, this won't be the last we hear from him.

ETA:
    Daniel (as much as I love him and want his children)
    Who doesn't?

+ Reply to Thread