+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chris March - Season 4

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: Chris - Season 4

Please let it be Chris. He has a vision and humor. Romi is a great designer, but he's a bit of a one note.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Chris is my favorite so I really want him to be in the final but I dont think he will be. Its a gut feeling, a sinking feeling in my gut.

I think Chris had ONE design I like all season, but I have to give him props for his final collection ~ well made and innovative!

I would have sent him to Bryant Park rather than Romi (who I liked all season.)

I was so sad to see him go. My daughter came home and there I was on the couch with tears running down my face! Truth is that I would have felt bad for any of them. They all worked hard and at that point all deserved to show at fashion week. I loved the little banter that went on with them and Chris saying that he didn't expect to find so much love there(I can't remember the exact quote). He's such a sweet guy.

I for one thought for sure that Chris would be in final 3 based on his 3 strongest looks from his collection. His had more WOW factor than Rami's. I did not like his dress w/ coat the preportions seemed off to me, and the long dress had a flaw at the top back. I'll remember Chris' dress for a long time, he got it wrong the others should watch out for Him in the future.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I was bothered that Chris was not in the final three. He has amazing style and innovation. Who puts human hair on a dress? I would not wear it, but I don't wear most of the things that they make on PR. I have four kids, so it's not relavant to the jeans and T's I have to put on most days. I loved, his long black dress, it was stunning. Yes, it needed a slit to walk, but a slit would have hurt the line he was after.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I was sad to see Chris go, and only managed to keep from being overly upset because I know that he got to show at Bryant Park anyway.
    IMO Rami's outfits were just plain ugly.
    Chris' looks had style and class. They had a little bit of a 40's glam feel to me.
    And looking at his whole line on the PR website... WOW. Some of those outfits are just drop dead gorgeous. The colors were beautiful. I wonder how things would have turned out if he had shown a red, blue and black outfit, instead of all black.
    I was impressed with many of Chris' designs throughout the competition and would love to have an outfit designed by im (especially if I had the model's body to go with it!).
    I know I'm going to miss his humor in next week's epsiode.
    I wish Chris all the best in his career - I'm sure it will be fabulous.

FORT Fogey

I don't see the difference between "costume" and "fashion" where Chris is concerned; he seems to straddle the line. I like his creativity, courage, and sense of self.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-29-2008 at 08:39 PM.

I'm sure that Chris will end up with a great career even without the win! He was already on his way and now with the show, he shouldn't have any problem. I get a kick out of the fact that he used human hair in his outfits. It looked just like monkey fur yet the beauty of it was that no monkeys (or humans) were hurt making the clothing! No one's even mentioned that he might be making a statement about the use of furs in fashion. What a concept!!! An artist putting meaning into his work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2819573;
    I'm sure that Chris will end up with a great career even without the win! He was already on his way and now with the show, he shouldn't have any problem. I get a kick out of the fact that he used human hair in his outfits. It looked just like monkey fur yet the beauty of it was that no monkeys (or humans) were hurt making the clothing! No one's even mentioned that he might be making a statement about the use of furs in fashion. What a concept!!! An artist putting meaning into his work!!!
    It's actually Project Runway who is making that statement. I read in one of the hundred articles from the past week that PR has a "no fur" rule. The finalists can't use any of the $8,000 on fur materials. It could explain why Chris used hair, and why Laura Bennett used feathers in her collection. But I guess this rule is a recent development: didn't Kara Saun use fur in some of her pieces?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread