Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chris March - Season 4

Re: Chris March - Season 4

Thanks, lobes.
    I really don't remember that one.
    Not so keen on the belt I must say.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not really a fan of the belt either, fluff. Maybe it looked better in person, but on camera it looks like an old, worn belt with a brass buckle. Not very elegant. Still, it's better than the matronly things she's worn in the past. It seemed for a while like her gowns were designed by Lazy Boy - they were all brocade and floral and padded her figure instead of flattering it.

Aside from the belt on the GG gown, I like both dresses. I'm glad she found someone who knows how to dress her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When you see her in something that fits well and is a good cut for her body type it's surprising how slim she is.
    I got so used to seeing her in the type of outfit you describe, Critical, that I always thought she was a lot heavier than she is.
    Chris did a great job dressing her and I hope that leads to more opportunities for him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Good for Chris. Nice to see him designing like that.

FORT Regular

Chris designed Meryl's Oscar and GG dresses??? I'm so glad I saw this thread. I'm a huge fan of Meryl, and loved Chris on the show. Way to go, Chris!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3859381;
    Chris designed Meryl's Oscar and GG dresses??? I'm so glad I saw this thread. I'm a huge fan of Meryl, and loved Chris on the show. Way to go, Chris!
    I'm a huge Chris fan, but I didn't care for Meryl's Oscar dress. It seemed to missing something....not sure what...maybe a better fit, a little color, I don't know.

What do I know, though. The post-Oscar fashion gurus seemed to like it. Meryl seemed to be on everyone's top dressed list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3860265;
    I'm a huge Chris fan, but I didn't care for Meryl's Oscar dress. It seemed to missing something....not sure what...maybe a better fit, a little color, I don't know.

What do I know, though. The post-Oscar fashion gurus seemed to like it. Meryl seemed to be on everyone's top dressed list.
    One thing that helped was that it was such an improvement from what she sometimes wears. It made the garment look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3861582;
    One thing that helped was that it was such an improvement from what she sometimes wears. It made the garment look even better.
    I completely agree. Don't get me wrong; I like Chris' designs on their own. But, compared to the uphosltery fabric-looking stuff that La Streep often wears, just about anything would be an improvement!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3862167;
    I completely agree. Don't get me wrong; I like Chris' designs on their own. But, compared to the uphosltery fabric-looking stuff that La Streep often wears, just about anything would be an improvement!
    That is so true. Her dress reminds me of something she had worn in the 80's. Very matronly.

It's taken months, but Bravo sent out press releases yesterday finally confirming that Chris' own reality show will make it on the air.
    'Project Runway' contestant Chris March gets his own reality show

by Emily Exton
    Oct 12 2010 06:10 PM ET

Bravo is in the process of developing a new reality series with Project Runway Season 4 contestant Chris March, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The untitled series will follow March and his “crew of fashion misfits” as they cater to their fabulous clientele, which includes the likes of Madonna and Meryl Streep (and I thought he only designed for drag queens?).

Considering the array of talent and personalities this show has discovered, it’s no surprise that there have been several Project Runway spin-offs over the years. Season 1 winner Jay McCarroll had his post-Runway life chronicled in Project Jay, in which he designed an awards show dress for Heidi Klum (that she never wore…), and Season 4 winner Christian Siriano opened up his showroom during the chaos of fashion week earlier this year for his fierce special Christian Siriano: Having a Moment. Currently, fan favorites Austin Scarlett (Season 1) and Santino Rice (Season 2) can be seen on their Lifetime series On the Road with Austin & Santino, where they travel the country giving fashion makeovers to even the most style-challenged Americans.

Chris March was a definitely one of the most beloved contestants, a sentiment that only grew as he was brought back for a second chance during Season 4. He wasn’t afraid to take risks on the show (like using human hair in his designs), but looking at his recent work, March also knows how to make simple designs extremely elegant.

What do you think about post-Runway reality shows, PopWatchers? Does Chris March have enough personality and talent to make it work? What other designers would you like to catch up with? My votes go to Daniel Vosovic, Mychael Knight, and of course, Stella “I love leather” Zotis.
    No premiere date set yet, but I would have to think it will air by next spring if they are announcing it now...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread