+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

To everyone, sorry about the confusion with the PR mag post- I wrote it verbatim from the magazine.

This is how I was going to post it(below)...... but for some reason I felt weird changing the puncuation of a direct quote.

How did the contestants (who aren't allowed to be seen in public while filming) blow off steam? House Parties!
    Sweet P, Kit Pistol and Jillian Lewis turned their apartment into a bar with a steady supply of beer and cigarettes.

When Victorya Hong was forced to bunk with the party girls (her roommates had all gotten booted from the show) the serious designer and Sweet P nearly came to blows.
    Sweet P turned Mean P (the alter ego whom she warned contestants about in episode one and wears tattooed on her left arm). Hint: Just wait for the reunion show.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Also from PR magazine a small excerpt form an interview with Jay McCarroll about this season's designer's:

Whitney Vargas: You've been blogging about season 4 on Elle.com. Who is your favorite character?

Jay McCarroll: Christian. He's gross and I hate him, but he's highly entertaining. The poor kid's probably been picked on his whole life and now he's overcompensating- just like I did.

WV: A lot of people think Rami is the most talented. Thoughts?

JM: I don't want to root for someone who's already been successful. Who are they going to get next season? Donna Karan versus Marc Jacobs?
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I wonder if Bravo didn't know for sure which episode would be airing during Fashion Week, (maybe because of the writer's strike or whatever), so it took them a while to confirm that she was showing? Sweet P said in her EW interview:
    Was it weird making your Bryant Park collection even though you were off the show?
    After I got kicked off I thought I was off the hook, and I thought I could go home and get a job. I felt relieved, honestly. I was actually in China on a job and I got this e-mail from the producers saying, ''Where's your contract for the 12 pieces?'' I freaked out. I got back to the States and quit my job and I've been working on my collection since. And I knew there wasn't a chance of winning! But the good news is I had a show at Bryant Park.

How was it?
    It was so surreal. I can still barely grasp it. I got so much great feedback from Tim and the hair and makeup people and my models were so happy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

aga
    FORTified

There must be something to be said for seeing the collection in motion, because Rami, followed by Christian, seems to be the favorite.

Even Sweet P, who Rami treated horribly in the avant garde challenge, gushed over Rami's collection (although I don't recall where I read Sweet P's reaction).
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2798718;
    I wonder if Bravo didn't know for sure which episode would be airing during Fashion Week, (maybe because of the writer's strike or whatever), so it took them a while to confirm that she was showing? Sweet P said in her EW interview:

Thank you so much for this information you posted. It cleared up some questions I had about how this all went down. I get it now. I'm glad she got a show at Bryant Park. I really loved this cycle and it is such a great show that sticks mainly to a topic over silly drama. I know, I know, there is some silly drama and not all of it is so real but I do find Project Runway the most entertaining of all the reality shows I watch!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2798717;
    Also from PR magazine a small excerpt form an interview with Jay McCarroll about this season's designer's:

Whitney Vargas: You've been blogging about season 4 on Elle.com. Who is your favorite character?

Jay McCarroll: Christian. He's gross and I hate him, but he's highly entertaining. The poor kid's probably been picked on his whole life and now he's overcompensating- just like I did.

WV: A lot of people think Rami is the most talented. Thoughts?

JM: I don't want to root for someone who's already been successful. Who are they going to get next season? Donna Karan versus Marc Jacobs?
    Hahaha! How true!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2798540;
    That was exactly my point. I would have, however, preferred if they just said on the show, you cannot win but will show a collection anyway. It seems ridiculous to watch Sweet P cry over not going to Bryant Park when we all know she already went when we are watching. I guess they told her she would do the collection after they filmed her tears. At least I hope that is the order it was done.

I like the show for the very reasons you stated and it does present interesting difficulties keeping the winners under wrap.
    I guess that's one of the benefits (or not) of living in the age of information superhighway. If you have no internet and they said that Sweet P was out but she still gets to show a collection, would you have been content not seeing the collection on TV? So to tie loose ends up, they just "write the script" as only 3 ending up on PR because only 3 collections are shown on TV. Not everyone has internet access or are onto the fashion world news.

I also think Mean P comes out because VictorYA called her Kit twice and her apology didnt sound sincere.

ok im not sure where to put this but can anyone tell me where i can find the runway song they have been using this season??? or the name of the song?? thanks
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

I loved Sweet P's exit interview, she gave a lot of spoilers. When I was reading it, i figured out that either the next person to be eliminated is Christian or all 4 of them are going to actually get a chance to compete in Bryant Park. It all makes sense now.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

+ Reply to Thread