+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

I'd like to think of it as one of the things that sets apart PR from your average sleazy reality show. They're not interested in watching everyone kill each other until there's one left standing. They are happy if any of their contesants make it in fashion. At reunion shows, they proudly announce if one of the losing designers ended up getting a Bryant Park show on their own, like Melan or Victorya, even if it seems a little strange that losers can obtain the same prize as the winners. The exposure on the show was what moved things along for these people, so it's not like it hurts the show.

So if having decoys is the easiest way to avoid spoilers for the show, they see it as a win-win. The decoys still get the expereince of a lifetime, and exposure beyond their wildest dreams, even if they have to wink a little for a few weeks and play dumb. Everybody's a winner in some way.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

From the Project Runway "magazine" (the insert in Elle).

How did the contestants, who aren't allowed to be seen in public while filming, blow off steam? House Parties! Sweet P, Kit Pistol and Jillian Lewis turned their apartment into a bar with a steady supply of beer and cigarettes.

When Victorya Hong was forced to bunk with the party girls-her roommates had all gotten booted from the show-the serious designer and Sweet P nearly came to blows. Sweet P turned Mean P, the alter ego whom she warned contestants about in episode one and wears tattooed on her left arm. Hint: Just wait for the reunion show.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Interesting. But it doesn't quite make sense, because Victorya was booted before Sweet P, and Jillian was never booted.

Now I'm really interested in seeing the reunion show, to see what this was all about. I was waiting all season to see Mean P and we never saw her!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2798304;
    When Victorya Hong was forced to bunk with the party girls-her roommates had all gotten booted from the show-the serious designer and Sweet P nearly came to blows. Sweet P turned Mean P, the alter ego whom she warned contestants about in episode one and wears tattooed on her left arm. Hint: Just wait for the reunion show.
    Ooooh, I hope they have footage on the reunion show. Victorya has always annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2798319;
    Interesting. But it doesn't quite make sense, because Victorya was booted before Sweet P, and Jillian was never booted.
    Did the article maybe mean that Victorya had to bunk with the party girls because her original roomies were all booted from the show?
    I look forward to seeing the reunion now too.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 02-17-2008 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2798333;
    Did the article maybe mean than Victorya had to bunk with the party girls because her original roomies were all booted from the show?
    Ah yes! Of course, that is what happened. My bad

I'm shocked that they wouldn't want to put something juicy like that on the show. Maybe they didn't want Victorya to look any more uptight then she already did?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2798319;

Now I'm really interested in seeing the reunion show, to see what this was all about. I was waiting all season to see Mean P and we never saw her!
    It didn't refer to the contestants that were sequestered after they were booted out (if that's what happens to them when they get eliminated). It just says they were not allowed to go out while filming. So the item was referring to contestants still in the show. And Victorya had to bunk with Sweet P after Elisa was eliminated (remember Victotya calling Sweet P "Kit" the day after Kit was eliminated?).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2797802;
    I think Chris takes the cake. He's more the Jaslene story.
    But Chris was eliminated and brought back in the same season. Chris is more MG from PR Canada who was eliminated but ended up as one of the final 3 (if Chris beats Rami as the 3rd finale contestant).

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2798267;
    I'd like to think of it as one of the things that sets apart PR from your average sleazy reality show. They're not interested in watching everyone kill each other until there's one left standing. They are happy if any of their contesants make it in fashion. At reunion shows, they proudly announce if one of the losing designers ended up getting a Bryant Park show on their own, like Melan or Victorya, even if it seems a little strange that losers can obtain the same prize as the winners. The exposure on the show was what moved things along for these people, so it's not like it hurts the show.

So if having decoys is the easiest way to avoid spoilers for the show, they see it as a win-win. The decoys still get the expereince of a lifetime, and exposure beyond their wildest dreams, even if they have to wink a little for a few weeks and play dumb. Everybody's a winner in some way.
    That was exactly my point. I would have, however, preferred if they just said on the show, you cannot win but will show a collection anyway. It seems ridiculous to watch Sweet P cry over not going to Bryant Park when we all know she already went when we are watching. I guess they told her she would do the collection after they filmed her tears. At least I hope that is the order it was done.

I like the show for the very reasons you stated and it does present interesting difficulties keeping the winners under wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2798540;
    That was exactly my point. I would have, however, preferred if they just said on the show, you cannot win but will show a collection anyway. It seems ridiculous to watch Sweet P cry over not going to Bryant Park when we all know she already went when we are watching. I guess they told her she would do the collection after they filmed her tears. At least I hope that is the order it was done.
    I believe at that point Sweet P did not know she would be a decoy but even if she did....... She would still most likely be upset, since she stated repeatedly that the reason she was on the show was because she needed the $100,000 to keep her business going.

I hope some financial backers come to her aid after fashion week.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread