+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway - 4 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;2790127;
    I watched the videos with Anne Bratskeir's commentary of each of the designers. I was curious about her. So I googled her and watched her other commentaries. In each web video she is wearing the same cheap earrings, an ugly necklace, and outfit straight from Beall's or some discount center--I am not kidding: $5 earrings, $40 in store or $4.50 garage sale or thrift store outfit. More garage sale and thrift store like, me thinks.

She doesn't like poof at the shoulders or at the butt. Her personal style to me is boring.---She needed to be called out on the carpet for all that negative gibberish. She should try unplugging her nose while she talks.
    Well, Newsday is based on Long Island, not New York City. Long Island is known more for inventing the middle-class suburbs (Levittown) after WW2 than it is for the posh life in the Hamptons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Looking at Chris's "hair trim" I knew I had seen that look before, so I did some investigating.
    Monkey hair has been used in fashion in the past (especially as jackets). It was popular during the 1920s especially in the far east (think of the fashion in The Last Emperor).

I read an article that described monkey hair as being "as soft as a child's hair".

I think Chris was emulating this trend- but he may also have been making an anti-fur statement by using faux human hair (I.E. animals are people too).

I temporarily changed my avatar to a picture from the 60s of Edie Sedgwick wearing a monkey fur jacket.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim;2790287;
    Looking at Chris's "hair trim" I knew I had seen that look before, so I did some investigating.
    Monkey hair has been used in fashion in the past (especially as jackets). It was popular during the 1920s especially in the far east (think of the fashion in The Last Emperor).

I read an article that described monkey hair as being "as soft as a child's hair".

I think Chris was emulating this trend- but he may also have been making an anti-fur statement by using faux human hair (I.E. animals are people too).

I temporarily changed my avatar to a picture from the 60s of Edie Sedgwick wearing a monkey fur jacket.
    There was a lot of that this fashion week, but the way Chris did it was what was off. It looked bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2790294;
    There was a lot of that this fashion week, but the way Chris did it was what was off. It looked bizarre.
    Yes, there was a ton of fur (and feather) trim for Fall 2008 but most designers used traditional pelts- mink, beaver, fox, Persian lamb etc.

Chris' use really emulates the look of monkey hair. And since that is obviously not very pc, I do think it is most likely an anti-fur statement.

BTW, I think it's funny people are grossed out by "hair" that looks human used in fashion but not animal hair (real or faux fur).
    I think it's a question of what we are used to culturally- the same way most people don't picture an animal while eating a piece of meat. We are used to seeing fur used in fashion but not hair.

PS I am not a vegetarian and I am not anti-fur (I don't think I have the right to be anti-fur since I eat meat).

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

for me I dont give a fig about their collection I go with whom I love and for me thats Chris!

ok I do care about the final collection but Im biased when I look at the collections!!! I really want Chris to win, as much as I wanted Santino and Uli to win. I also wanted Jay to win and was so happy he did.

I think the judges will always pick "edgy" over "boring" (especially after the Chloe debacle).
    So I think it's between Jillian & Christian. I think Christian has a definite lead over Jillian but you just never know how the judges will critique the shows. Hopefully they will not think Christian is "too young" which is what they did to Daniel V.

(btw Michael Kors offer for Daniel to work for him still irks me- it reminds me of the scene in The Color Purple when the mayor's wife says to Sophia "your children are so clean, you want to come work for me, be my maid?")

aga
    FORTified

New York Magazine's slide show of Project Runway's Final 5.

Project Runway 4 Designers - New York Fashion Week
    Last edited by aga; 02-11-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

aga
    FORTified

I am having a difficult time identifying the models. Don't they normally wear the muse dress? Granted they may have had a model shake up, but I can't distinguish the models who were on the show throughout the competition, versus the guest models.

If someone sees the models, will you identify the model and the outfit, e.g., Lea modeling a brown paper bag for Sweet P. Thank you.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I really liked Jillian's line, but some of Rami's gowns were stunning.

I like the way Jillian dressed herself for the show. Great job Jillian!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2790916;
    I really liked Jillian's line, but some of Rami's gowns were stunning.

I like the way Jillian dressed herself for the show. Great job Jillian!
    I agree about Rami's gowns! Amazingly beautiful.
    But all of the designers had elements of genius and beauty. I thought Christians clothing line was too goth. One or two pieces in black maybe, but that was way over the top.
    My list of preference is
    1. Rami
    2. Chris
    3. Jillian
    4. Christian
    5. SweetP

+ Reply to Thread