+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Runway Shows Outside the USA.

CCL

Re: Project Runway Shows Outside the USA.

Project Runway Canada returns on January 27 (or is the 24th? Thereabouts, anyhow). It will be on Global instead of Slice and it was filmed in Ottawa instead of Toronto.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Unlike most of you, I've gotten really into the current season, and it has made me curious enough to watch international versions of the show. First, I'm watching S1 of PRAustralia. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm enjoying it so far. I've watched some other Australian reality shows online, and their reality shows are almost always top notch.

I already know who wins this season, but I'm gonna try to avoid as much spoilers as I can with this season and with other seasons of other versions of PR that I might possibly watch. But it's really tempting to look.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3743146;
    Unlike most of you, I've gotten really into the current season, and it has made me curious enough to watch international versions of the show. First, I'm watching S1 of PRAustralia. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm enjoying it so far. I've watched some other Australian reality shows online, and their reality shows are almost always top notch.

I already know who wins this season, but I'm gonna try to avoid as much spoilers as I can with this season and with other seasons of other versions of PR that I might possibly watch. But it's really tempting to look.
    How are you able to watch the international shows of Project Runway? Online? Are the contestants and challenges fun & exciting on the shows over seas?

Yea I know I give this season of PR alot of heck but i do generally enjoy it. Even though the judging is screwy and there have been some designers go that should have stayed and a designer *cough, Christopher, cough* that should have gone a loooong time ago and he's still here; there are enuff good, likeable people on the show so that it still holds my interest.

Yup, I watch them online. There are some sites out there that provide ways for you to download the episodes, but I'm not particularly a huge fan of downloading stuff on my computer.

So instead, I do searches on Google to see if there are any sites out there that have the episodes on videos I don't have to download. Sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes I'm not.

But I did find both seasons of PR:Australia, and I'm currently enjoying it. It has the right amount of drama, the right amount of design, and a great amount of talent. I've definitely been more impressed with the pieces on the first season of PR:Australia than the pieces on the current season of our version. The boots are kind of obvious though, with the way things are edited. I've watched 5 episodes so far, and I've predicted all 6 boots (there was a double elimination) while watching the episodes.

As for the challenges, they're like our's. Sometimes they have challenges based on challenges done on the American version. Likewise, the American version has done challenges first seen on international PRs.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I'm not impressed with PR Australia. But I sooo love the talent of PR Canada. Sunny's final collection was so SICK (easily one of the best, if not the best, PR final collections ever). I also loved Aries of PR Philippines dress which transformed into 3 dresses (ala Hussein Chalayan).

I finished watching the first season of PR:Australia today. I have to disagree with watts on this one; I was personally impresssed by the designers. I really liked most of the challenges on this one. Proof that they were good: the car part challenge and the wedding dress challenge were lated copied in S5 of the American version. I'm not sure if other international versions had done these challenges before, but I don't want to look into it because I don't want to get spoiled.

I liked the winner, but I already knew who it was before I started watching.

I'm going to start watching the second season of PR:Australia when I have time, then I'll go on to watch the Canadian version.

Couture Connoisseur

Pr Canada and Pr Aus both rock.

the re-vamped wedding dress challenge was stolen from PR Canada.

Also, in international versions, you don't see very many untalented designers sticking around for long, except some prominent exceptions. In PR2:Canada, Kim managed to hang on way past her due date, and somehow Jason Myers ended up making a final collection because of how a challenge worked out. One of the most talented and brilliant designers, Adojake got paired with Kim, resident bitch, and although created a beautiful dress, her teammate let her down and two eliminated contestants ended up coming back pushing her out. This left the judges and producers with no other option than to chose to worse of two evils between Jason and Genevieve. Is a mediocre (aka horrible) collection really better than a collection with 12 dresses that look exactly the same?

In PR US, it seems like they hold onto talentless designers as long as possible. Even Ari, who was eliminated first had more talent and skill that some of the designers who stayed past her - evidence of this is seen in the profit she turns from her "disco soccerball" dresses. People pay more for her weird s***than they do for any of the other contestant's dresses. and how the eff does someone manage to stay after sending a naked model down the runway ON THE FIRST CHALLENGE?
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-11-2009 at 06:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12