+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Seamy Side Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2104473;
    I re-watched last week's show and I noticed that when Tim visited Jeffrey at his work place(factory), the outfits that Jeffrey showed Tim looked like they were already finished and ready to go (wrapped in plastic). Jeffrey's outfits also looked the same way when he got to Bryant Park. What was the time line from when Tim visited Jeffrey and going to Bryant Park? It's very possible that Jeffrey's collection was finished when Tim visted him.
    Keeping clothes in plastic (dry cleaners bags) prevents wrinkling...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by AKat;2104750;
    I'm not sure the above quote is a valid point though, since we already know Jeffrey did show at Fashion Week. I guess it's possible they already decided, based on who knows what, that he was guilty and booted him but let him show anyway since they knew it was going to be out there and people would wonder about why they only had three people showing.

I just know I'm pretty sick of this show. It's less and less about fashion every week and more about contrived situations and totally obnoxious people. I'm not going to bother watching any more after this season.

You pretty much answered the why did they let Jeffrey show anyway point. Last season they did this very same thing. Someone showed that was cut before the final show, just so people didn't know who got cut.

I agree 100% with you about the show becoming less and less about fashion. I was really disappointed when this situation came up. I was really hoping for just a straight fashion show where talent wins. I watch plenty of other reality tv shows to see this type of drama. Project Runway used to be refreshingly about talent and fashion, not ratings ploys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2104729;
    This is an odd thought, but, why do I keep flashing on that movie Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead?

In it, Christina Applegate plays a teen who has to get a job to take care of her sibs one summer. She fudges a resumé, and works as a fashion designer. She 'hires' her siblings and friends (without pay) to help her put on the fashion show. All the while she's been dipping into petty cash at work to feed the household.

When the fashion show is a success, a jealous girl at work accuses her of embezzling. The boss begrudgingly agrees to ask Christina about this. Christina fudges some receipts and presents the box full of receipts where petty cash used to be. Happy ending.

I'm not drawing comparisons, but those scenes kept coming to mind. Conclusion? This dilemma would all make a fairly entertaining early 1990s Blockbuster rental.

You are just too funny!

I loved that movie, by the way!

I love it, too.

I think Project Runways is still about talent and fashion -- but it just so happens that there was SO MUCH drama this year between the contestants. They got lucky.

FORT Newbie
    Have you guys seen the video clip on people. com? I can't post the URL for some reason, but go check it out. It would appear that Jeffrey
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is being questioned about some shorts that he cannot produce a receipt for.

I would like to think the guy's not guilty, even though I can't stand him, I like his clothes, but he looked so incredibly guilty when Tim asked for his receipts. It really looks like he has something to hide. A look like that has nothing to do with editing and everything to do with guilt.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 10-18-2006 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine;2103149;
    The Laura/Tim discussion appeared totally manufactured. Who walks into a room and says "Laura, is there anything you would like to talk to me about in private?" or something like that? The only time that ever happens is if the person walking into the room knows something is up.

I am definitely on the train that Jeff shows but is eliminated from consideration to win.
    Tim didn't say that in that context. What happened was when Tim came in, Uli said, 'Laura has something to say to you.' Tim then suggested they go outside.

FORT Regular
    I would like to think the guy's not guilty, even though I can't stand him, I like his clothes, but he looked so incredibly guilty when Tim asked for his receipts. It really looks like he has something to hide. A look like that has nothing to do with editing and everything to do with guilt.
    [mod edit] He "looked incredibly guilty" gathering his receipts because the producers edited it to look that way. Why didn't they focus on Laura, Michael or Uli gathering their receipts? Because they are not the ones being accused of cheating.
    Last edited by hepcat; 10-20-2006 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Removed comment about other poster.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2106982;
    Tim didn't say that in that context. What happened was when Tim came in, Uli said, 'Laura has something to say to you.' Tim then suggested they go outside.
    Actually, Tim did say it in that context. Listen to Tim Gunn's mp3/podcast on the Project Runway site. He explains what happened very clearly. What Bravo did change/edit was when the whole thing happened. The whole thing actually happened when Tim was collecting the receipts. He could tell that Laura was upset about something and didn't want to talk in front of the others. According to Tim, "there was obvious tensions in the room." So he asked her if she wanted to speak outside on the balconey.

And the Uli comment you are thinking of was to Jeffrey (not Tim) when he came back in the room. Laura said that she would tell Jeffrey to his face about her concerns. So when he came back in, Uli made sure that Laura did so by telling Jeffrey that "Laura has something to say to you."

So basically, Jeffrey's receipt gathering guilty look is due to being confronted prior and editing makes it look as though his guilty look is why they confronted him....interesting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast