+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Trouble is that all the laws for married people are there to protect the children. Therefore if Jeff really loved his kid and would do anything for him he would marry the mohawk head and protect the kid.

Does anyone know how much time the designers had to work on the collections. I think that would help clear up the "cheating" issue.
    Tell that to Brad and Angelina, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, and countless other people who choose not to get married. Saying that "if Jeff really loved his kid..." isn't even logical. I've never seen a father more in love with his child.

Laws are there, in place, to protect children - and you don't need a marriage license to enact them. It's called child support. It works whether you're married or not.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Thoughts on last night's show:

Laura has some serious jealousy issues. She was after Jeff as soon as she figured out he was her competition. She said, "I want to win so Jeff can't." That's like saying, "I want that piece of cake so you can't have it - not because I want to eat it and enjoy it myself, but just so you can't." She's a twisted bitch. I think Keith was right - she's "bad Mommy." Joan Crawford, anyone?

Oh, and by the way, Laura - turtles carry salmonella. Consult an expert - they'll tell you young children should not be permitted to play with turtles unsupervised, and great care should be taken to make sure their feces doesn't come in contact with a human's mouth. Children definitely shouldn't be carrying around turtle poop like a popsicle. (shudder) Poor Tim Gunn! I'm betting he applied the Purell as soon as he got out of there.

I think Michael's a punk, and jumped on the "let's get Jeffrey" train because he knows his collection is sub-standard. Face it - if they can eliminate one designer, their chances of winning go from 25% to 33.3%. That's significant. Hey, Michael and Laura - if you can't win with your own talent, and can only win by dogging the person who outshines you, maybe you're in the wrong business.

Kudos to Uli for defending Jeffrey. I like her style. Loyal friends (you might want to look up the definition for those two words, Laura) stick by their buds.

Jeffrey managed to hand-sew a couture gown in two days - one that impressed Malandrino so much that she gave him the win. He also finished his three-piece jetsetter outfit before anyone else in the room finished one or two pieces. He's fast. So now Laura wants us to believe he can't finish 12 pieces in 90 days? Come onnnn... that's ridiculous.

Michael, by his own admission, didn't get started on his collection right away - it sounds like he took about 3 weeks off. That's three weeks where Jeffrey was sewing, sewing, sewing. Michael wasn't close to having 1/3 of his collection done when Tim went to see him. So... Michael finished the majority of his collection very fast - should we accuse him of having help for getting so much done so quickly??

Isn't it interesting that Tim had advice and steering to do with Laura, Michael, and Uli? And he had none to give to Jeffrey - only compliments? Obviously, Jeffrey is far beyond the other three in terms of cutting edge fashion. Tim was thrilled with what Jeffrey had done, but not-so-much with the other three.

Jeffrey said that he wanted everything done and finished before he got there because he was afraid they'd throw an additional challenge at them - and he had every reason to think that, considering they've done that the last two seasons. So, he was prepared for anything. And because he finished - he cheated? Laura is so sadly pathetic.

One more thought - Jeffrey had the self-discipline to beat a severe drug habit. Anyone who thinks that's easy should visit a rehab. I give him props for his determination to clean up his life - and I also recognize that anyone who can remain sober for five years has more self-control than most of us could imagine. So yeah... I believe he went home, got started on his collection, and worked his ass off until he was satisfied that it was perfect. I don't think there's much in this world Jeffrey Sebelia can't do if he makes his mind up to do it... he's gone through the tunnel, and he's come out on the other side.

The dogs may bark, but the parade marches on, Jeffrey. Unfurl your flags and show 'em what you've got and let the dogs (Laura, Michael) yip from the sidelines. You're better than they are, and it killlllllllllllllls them.

Who cares if Jeff's girlfriend is ugly? How does that make you dislike HIM even more? I don't get it? I didn't think she was ugly, I thought she was cute. And just because she lives a different lifestyle than you do doesnt make her or Jefferey worse than you. For all you know, someone may say the same thing about you being an ugly dog someday, and that's not a nice thought, is it?

As far as Jefferey's cheating... I'm scared for him. The preview sure did make it look like he was going home, especially because all the other designer's faces were sad and/or serious... But we'll never know (at least not for a week now!) But yeah. I think Jefferey has proved himself to be an adequate sewer. If he is making garments for Celebs, he obviously has some serious deadlines in the past and has had a lot of experience with sewing, etc, which he proved during the season... I don't think he cheated, but the receit thing... I dont know. I'm sort of torn. I'd hate to see him go home because of them all, I feel he's the only one who has a unique point of view. Michael is great... but he's showing us he can choke... Maybe he and Nazri were having an affair and now that Uli has her, he's lost his inspiration? Who knows... Hmm. I'm scared to see what happens. But yeah, this season sucks compared to the others.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Changing topics a bit - did anyone notice the "Slut" mug in Jeffrey's home - or that he apparently gave it to Tim Gunn to drink out of? Tim wisely shielded part of the word while on camera. I still got a bit of a chuckle out of it. (Talk about visual antonyms)

Tumblin Dice, you summed up very well what I was trying to articulate to myself about Jeffrey. Unlike what Laura said, I thought Jeffrey's craftsmanship looked pretty good for all those challenges.

I would guess that because last night's show was edited to look like Jeffrey was booted out, he actually is staying for the competition. The producers like to jerk the viewers around with this stuff. Also, note how they quoted Laura as saying next week "I'm accused of causing a scandal." That sounds more like someone whose accusations didn't pan out.

I'm a bit confused. A week before this episode was to air there was a report on Yahoo about the scandal and how Laura made the accusations by saying that her mom and Jeffrey's mom had kept in contact and it got back to her after Tim's visit that Jeffrey had a lot of work to do. Why was this not mentioned on the episode?? Ok, granted the story was in the Entertainment News and Gossip section.

Here's a link:
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20061003/115992282000.html

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    Tumblin - your post says it all.

This is Laura:

As a side note I was flipping channels last night and saw Heidi on Leno (hate Leno tho). Leno asked her about the cheating scandal - Heidi said Laura was jealous.

She also said they all got crazy at the end because so much was at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    Tell that to Brad and Angelina, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, and countless other people who choose not to get married. Saying that "if Jeff really loved his kid..." isn't even logical. I've never seen a father more in love with his child.

Laws are there, in place, to protect children - and you don't need a marriage license to enact them. It's called child support. It works whether you're married or not.
    Yes, and that's why our civil courts are overflowing with people trying to collect child support and if they aren't getting it from the fathers or mothers our taxes support those kids.

If you love your kid you do everything in your power to protect that kid (even cheat???). How is it not logical?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, and that's why our civil courts are overflowing with people trying to collect child support and if they aren't getting it from the fathers or mothers our taxes support those kids.

If you love your kid you do everything in your power to protect that kid (even cheat???). How is it not logical?
    And marriage protects those kids? Not even close.

If you love your kid (and Jeffrey clearly does), you also do everything in your power to set a great example - which includes not cheating. That's what's logical in the land of the good-hearted. :-) If you want to live in the land of evil, then anything could happen.

Choices, choices.

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    As someone said on another thread:

When Tim visited Chloe, she only had maybe 1 dress finished (or none?).

Then she shows up at fashion week with a finished collection.

NO ONE accused Chloe of cheating.

So whats the deal here?

If you work hard and try to FINISH before Fashion Week you are a cheater?

So I guess Chloe was a cheater too.

+ Reply to Thread