+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I am really nervous that Jeff might be kicked off cause I do seem to remember Tim saying "unfortunately" and then seeing him cry and Uli hug him in the preview. I hope that they don't kick him off! I actually kind of liked a few of his outfits.

Here is a quote from the LATimes interview-

The housewife role has admittedly not come easy for someone with so much ambition of her own. Melanie attended Juilliard and arrived in Los Angeles as a working actress and stand-up comedian. She was also a lesbian who had been accidentally shot by her cop ex-girlfriend. "I hadn't been in a relationship with a man for eight or nine years," she says, laughing. "I went from driving a Trans Am, dressing like a hooker, being a club DJ and doing stand-up comedy to being this kind of housewife character. I've come to a place of peace about my role now, but not without a few panic attacks."

A link to the complete interview
    http://www.latimes.com/features/maga...0,502803.story
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie
    Alright. This season is a big let down to me.

Michael's collection looks like the 70's exploded... in a bad way. Jeffrey's collection looks like Tim Burton's fashion nightmare. Uli's collection is nice, but it's typical Uli. Ditto for Laura.

I long for the days of Austin and Jay and them. I think any of the late contestants from season 1 could knock the socks off the collections we are seeing now.

I don't know if Jeffrey cheated or if it was just another arrogant attempt on his part to portray himself as "better" than every one else. What, Jeffy-poo? Can dish it out to every one else but as soon as the heat's under your ass you just can't stop squirming, can you? Squirm, away. Heat's on now and you are boiling.

I honestly would like to see no one win. Maybe they will just slap them all and send them home like they should. I guess if I had to chose based solely on the collections I would have to pick either Uli or Laura. Yes, they have shown it is the only thing they can do, but at least it's not Groovy-scary or having Tim Burton calling copyright fouls.

The ladies (reluctantly) have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino View Post
    I am really nervous that Jeff might be kicked off cause I do seem to remember Tim saying "unfortunately" and then seeing him cry and Uli hug him in the preview. I hope that they don't kick him off! I actually kind of liked a few of his outfits.
    My guess is Tim finishes his "Unfortunately" sentence with- "we have researched this & although we can't prove definitively that you cheated-we can't allow you to show any of the suspect garments".

I didn't see the white leather shorts he pointed out to Tim as sending out & he had stated in the beginning that he had a surplus of items. So he just has to edit/delete a few items.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Jeffery has never been one of my favorites, but I don't think he cheated. Laura seems to have a lot of insecurities and control issues. She keeps trying to be everyone's den mother and Jeffery is not a "cub" to her.
    Her collection was so predictable that I found it boring. Uli's was beautiful and so was Michael's. To me, they are the top 2 contenders. I did enjoy some of Jeffery's pieces. Loved the green striped set!
    We know that he did get to show his collection at Fashion Week, so I wonder how the drama turned out?
    I really would be happy for anyone to win except Laura.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    I think he cheated. It is too strange. I wonder why so much jeff love for someone who has not acted right from day one. If Santino from the last season was in this same situation, I don't think the Santino love would exist. The only thing I have to say--his girlfriend gives a new meaning to ugly. I have absolutly no respect for him after seeing her. I look at him differently now although I never had any respect for him.

He and Santino are friends? I wonder if Santino did drugs with him. It would explain a lot.
    Good GRIEF, man, you've got a lot of hate going on there. Even if you think Jeffrey is a jerk, what did his SO ever do to deserve you bagging on her like that? And what in the holy hell gave you the idea that Santino does drugs?

IMO, I think he's talented. I think Laura's talented, too, and I gladly admit that even though I've been squarely in the anti-Laura camp since the dog episode. I don't think he cheated-- wasn't he the only one in the couture challenge whose dress actually *was* 100% hand-sewn? And I seem to recall at least one other challenge when he finished ahead of everyone else. Also, I'm amazed by the idea that everyone on the show doesn't already have some idea what they'd do for a collection if they win-- perhaps he already had his concepts down, and could spend more time sewing.

As for the win, though, I'm Team Uli all the way. I love her, I love her work, and I hope she wins!

I think theyre going to tell him that he may not participate in PR but he may do Olympus Fashion Week, because the suspicion is way to high for him to go on.

Also, did anyone notice at the reunion when they brought Keith out for cheating how Jeffrey looked all stressed and shook his head and rubbbed his eyes? I think tahts because they thoguht he cheated too and something happend, but we all nkow that he goes to fashion week one way or another.
    F:A:B:U:L:O:U:S

Quote Originally Posted by michaelandkit View Post
    I just looked at the preview for nextweek and all the finalist went to Bryant pary and Jeffery is not there!!! I don't know if this was done to throw us off or what!! I am just reporting what i saw!
    Actually, Jeffery was there and showed his line. I'm thinking he cried because he was exonerated.

FORT Fogey
    Tim's "unfortunately" was for something else, probably models not showing up since we have already seen Uli on the phone with someone telling her some of her models got drunk and would not be there.

I believe Jeffs tears were from relief that the investigation not only turned up nothing but enough information to allow them to believe he was capable of sewing his own collection well.

I liked Jeffs collection best and would put money on him as the winner, if only because it was innovative and youthful and the others failed in that regard.

Wow, a lot of hate toward Jeffs wife going on here. She and Jeffery have a very different life style than most and that does not mean they are wrong or bad in any way. I think I would like both of them in real life.

I have to say that I did find Jeffery's reaction to being accused out of character. It was almost as if he was afraid of being caught and I like the guy and think he is talented. Why no outrage? No adamant defense? No rant about how hard he worked or mention of having a business and sewing clothes well for years? We will never know.

I also find this season to be dull. Season One was a tough act to follow and although Santino and Andre entertained us, still Jay, Austin and Wendy were a tough act to follow.

brokenside, miskewl, ladybugadria, and kim_apollo! Hope you will enjoy your time at FORT.

Lex - I didn't notice any Fashion Week spoilers - but if you do notice something amiss you can report a post by clicking on the red triangle.

But it's not a bad reminder actually... all, it's best to keep fashion week talk in the Fashion Week thread, as much as possible. Thanks!
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-12-2006 at 07:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread