+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Let's steer it back to the show itself if we could. For instance: Was anyone else surprised that Laura apparently married Albert Einstein?
    Well, I thought he was the spitting image of Alfred Stieglitz.

I think Bravo is just playin' with us and they're not kicking out Jeffrey from the competition. Here's what I don't get: Tim visited him about one month out from Fashion Week. He already had several -- maybe more than half -- of his outfits done. Tim didn't make (on camera, at any rate) a comment about Jeffrey needing to do a lot of work to get things done. For all I know the guy is manic and does work long days; plenty of artists get in the mindset and just work until it's done if they're on a deadline. And plenty of business people too, and Jeffrey's got a successful business so he's had to have encountered situations where he's working up against a deadline. I'll never be a Jeffrey apologist, but there are a myriad of reasons and ways he could have pulled off the level of completion he did. Laura even commented that his skirts were of the type that didn't need a lot of fittings on the model. Perhaps he thought about that and designed the skirts for that very reason. Nobody came down on Kayne for designing his couture dress with a corset back for ease of fitting (maybe for being gaudy, but not as a tactical choice). Plus, Jeffrey said--based on prior seasons--he wanted to be ready to tackle whatever challenge they were going to come up with for the final week. Bravo didn't go with a thirteenth look, but they very easily could have.

While I don't think Michael cheated either, it could also be seen as pretty remarkable that he came up with all of his garments in the 3 weeks remaining between the Tim visit and the time he had to be in NYC. At least as remarkable as someone who sews a lot of pants being able to make perfectly seamed jeans in two months.

I don't understand why Laura wouldn't think Jeffrey could possibly do better work in two months than he could do in two days? Any one could do a better job when they had more time. I don't like Jeffrey at all, but I thought it was very low-class of Laura.

Whether Jeffrey cheated or not, it was appropriate for Laura to voice her suspicion. If she really believes he cheated, then it should be investigated. If he did cheat, he should get the boot. If he didn't, then he'll be exonerated. But what if he did cheat and Laura just kept her mouth shut. Well, that wouldn't be fair either.

I found it odd that when Tim went to the work room, he asked Laura if she'd like to talk to him in private. He'd obviously had some kind of heads up about what she was going to say.

Additionally, it's been reported that, after visiting Jeffrey (with 3 weeks left to go before FW), Tim told Jeffrey he had "a lot of work to do." And Tim Gunn has implied that he, himself, had suspicions about how Jeffrey completed his collection.

New York Magazine quotes Tim as saying "His collection was very ambitious, I wasn’t born yesterday." That implies that he was suspicious too.

If Tim did have those suspicions, then he also should have raised them. It might be better drama to have one contestant point the finger at another. But anyone involved in the show, especially someone in a position of power, who suspects that a contestant cheated, has an obligation to raise the issue.

Otherwise, the show loses what little credibility it has left...

Maybe Tim was trying to maintain his position as Switzerland in the proceedings. I don't know, though. Part 2 should be interesting...well, hopefully, it will shed more light on what this was all about.

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    I dont remember Tim telling Jeffrey he had a lot of work to do?

That certainly wasnt in last nights episode.

Tim told Michael he had a lot of work to do.

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    So that after three years of striving to produce a quality reality competition show where contestants and their talent are respected and celebrated, they could make clear to people considering trying out for Project Runway or Top Chef in the future that they're more than willing to accuse a person of cheating and damage that person's credibility in the name of ratings?

I am not too naive to believe a network would go to any length for ratings. Especially a cable network.

I was referring to what was reported in New York Magazine.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed View Post
    I am not too naive to believe a network would go to any length for ratings. Especially a cable network.
    Sure Bravo is going to do what they need to for ratings. But it's a fine line they walk. There are many people who watch their reality shows, but don't bother with shows like Flavor of Love or Trading Spouses, because of the quality of the shows that Bravo produces. More often than not, they respect the participants on their shows, rather than making them into spectacles and laughing stocks, and as a result, they get ratings. If they start to trash that reputation, they may pick up some viewers, but they're also going to lose some.

After watching the repeat today- Jeff does admit he sent some items out for finishing. But I do believe he worked his ass off to complete the majority of his collection himself. even if he did act kinda squirrely when confronted.

Remember they had such tight time constraints during challenges- (not just 1 day or 2 days but specific set hours they could work- being told to quit working at midnight & not return till next morning).
    Also, I for one work much better alone- can you imagine how difficult it was to work with all the drama going on between the designer's, the camera crew, Tim coming in and interviewing everyone, etc.

So I believe Jeff worked many late nights and was focused on his garments. I also believe he had a little more help then he his admitting to -ala Kara Saun & the shoes. Most likely not including the sewing charges in his receipts. But since it is so difficult to prove- he won't be booted.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

I do think that there is a reason why Jeffrey was so worried about not being able to show his collection, after finding out what Laura told Tim. If he wasn't guilty, why was he so worried. Would it be considered cheating if Jeffrey used outfits in his final collection that he completed before he went on the show???

+ Reply to Thread